Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Graham requests interviews with DOJ, FBI officials"

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Monday, he wasn’t just breaking with Special Counsel Robert Mueller.
    He was also disagreeing with U.S. intelligence agencies; two congressional committees that investigated the issue; his own Defense secretary, director of national intelligence and national security adviser; and private cybersecurity experts.
    At a joint press conference Monday in Helsinki, Trump declined to criticize Putin for meddling in the election, called his denial “powerful” and criticized the special counsel’s investigation as a “total witch hunt.”
    “My people came to me, [Director of National Intelligence] Dan Coats came to me and some others, they said they think it’s Russia. I have President Putin; he just said it’s not Russia,” Trump said. “I will say this: I don’t see any reason why it would be.”

Here’s a closer look at the U.S. agencies and people who have said that Russia meddled in the election.
    U.S. intelligence agencies
    A report issued by high-ranking American intelligence officials in January of 2017 concluded that Russian operatives reporting to Putin interfered in the 2016 presidential election in favor of Trump. It was drafted and compiled by the CIA, the FBI and the National Security Agency.

The document stated that Putin “ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the U.S. presidential election” aiming to “denigrate Secretary Clinton” and showing a “clear preference for President-elect Trump.”
    The Senate intelligence committee
    On July 3, 2018, the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence issued a bipartisan report which asserted that the intelligence community’s findings on Russian meddling were fairly and professionally done and that more evidence had since come forward.
    “As the inquiry has progressed since January 2017, the Committee has seen additional examples of Russia’s attempts to sow discord, undermine democratic institutions, and interfere in U.S. elections and those of our allies,” the report noted.

The House intelligence committee
    On April 27, 2018, the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence released a report written by the committee’s Republicans which found no evidence that the Trump campaign worked with Russia to interfere with the election.
    But that report did find that Russia had tried to meddle.
    “In 2015, Russia began engaging in a covert influence campaign aimed at the U.S. presidential election,” it said. “The Russian government, at the direction of President Vladimir Putin, sought to sow discord in American society and undermine our faith in the democratic process.”
    The Justice Department
    In May of 2017, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein appointed Special Counsel Robert Mueller to investigate possible collusion between Trump’s campaign team and Russian officials.
    In February, the Justice Department indicted 13 Russian operatives and three companies on charges related to waging “information warfare against the United States of America” and interfering with the election to help the Trump campaign.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Who says only democrats can do investigations lol?
    Democrats have only been at it a year, the GOP twelve years straight now, if they don't get what they want, investigate again

3. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

evince (02-15-2020)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    No doubt it was Russia, Russia, Russia

5. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

evince (02-15-2020)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    you wanna run with that -or any other of Hillary 67 excuses?

The long list of who Hillary Clinton blames
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41244474

7. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

FastLane (02-15-2020)

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Every life matters

9. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

FastLane (02-15-2020)

10. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Monday, he wasn’t just breaking with Special Counsel Robert Mueller.
    He was also disagreeing with U.S. intelligence agencies; two congressional committees that investigated the issue; his own Defense secretary, director of national intelligence and national security adviser; and private cybersecurity experts.
    At a joint press conference Monday in Helsinki, Trump declined to criticize Putin for meddling in the election, called his denial “powerful” and criticized the special counsel’s investigation as a “total witch hunt.”
    “My people came to me, [Director of National Intelligence] Dan Coats came to me and some others, they said they think it’s Russia. I have President Putin; he just said it’s not Russia,” Trump said. “I will say this: I don’t see any reason why it would be.”

Here’s a closer look at the U.S. agencies and people who have said that Russia meddled in the election.
    U.S. intelligence agencies
    A report issued by high-ranking American intelligence officials in January of 2017 concluded that Russian operatives reporting to Putin interfered in the 2016 presidential election in favor of Trump. It was drafted and compiled by the CIA, the FBI and the National Security Agency.

The document stated that Putin “ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the U.S. presidential election” aiming to “denigrate Secretary Clinton” and showing a “clear preference for President-elect Trump.”
    The Senate intelligence committee
    On July 3, 2018, the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence issued a bipartisan report which asserted that the intelligence community’s findings on Russian meddling were fairly and professionally done and that more evidence had since come forward.
    “As the inquiry has progressed since January 2017, the Committee has seen additional examples of Russia’s attempts to sow discord, undermine democratic institutions, and interfere in U.S. elections and those of our allies,” the report noted.

The House intelligence committee
    On April 27, 2018, the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence released a report written by the committee’s Republicans which found no evidence that the Trump campaign worked with Russia to interfere with the election.
    But that report did find that Russia had tried to meddle.
    “In 2015, Russia began engaging in a covert influence campaign aimed at the U.S. presidential election,” it said. “The Russian government, at the direction of President Vladimir Putin, sought to sow discord in American society and undermine our faith in the democratic process.”
    The Justice Department
    In May of 2017, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein appointed Special Counsel Robert Mueller to investigate possible collusion between Trump’s campaign team and Russian officials.
    In February, the Justice Department indicted 13 Russian operatives and three companies on charges related to waging “information warfare against the United States of America” and interfering with the election to help the Trump campaign.
    https://time.com/5340060/donald-trum...ssia-meddling/

cold hard facts

why is the republican party constantly trashing our American defenders and instead agreeing with Putin

11. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Graham requests interviews with DOJ, FBI officials as part of probe into Russian Investigation"

"Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) is requesting interviews with a slew of current and former Justice Department and FBI officials as part of his panel's probe into the department's handling of the investigation into Russia's election interference and the Trump campaign."

"Graham sent a letter to Attorney General William Barr on Friday asking that he make 17 officials, many of whom are identified only by title, available for interviews."

"I'm going to get to the bottom of the FISA work process because it was an abuse of power of the Department of Justice, the FBI," Graham told CBS News"

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...-of-probe-into

Let me see if I got this straight, now Lindsey wants to investigate the Russian investigation?

So we got Barr investigating, Durham investigating, an IG that just completed investigating, and now Lindsey wants in on the act? Last week he was going investigate Biden, but I guess with Biden fading there is no need for that, so now this week he wants yet another redundant investigation into the same thing

Two possible motives here, Lindsey can't kiss Trump's ass enough and is afraid he is going to get demoted to boy number two, or, as part of an orchestrated plan, Barr has notified the White House that he is not going to come up with anything that can be framed into a good conspiracy, so Trump, needing an inneundo machine for the Hannitys to run with, wants Lindsey to start a Senate investigation to generate inneundos, nothing like a Lindsey melodrama on live TV to rally the base

I am leaning toward the later, Lindsey on his own isn't clever enough to go beyond echoing the talk show/Fox interview talking points
    Just a question: What exactly about FISA abuse did Hannity get wrong? The IG can only talk with federal employees. Many of the Mueller report people are no longer government employees. Barr and Durham are one investigation and its a criminal investigation Graham isn't conducting a criminal investigation. Graham is trying to find out what happened so the Senate can understand what happened so if any legislation is needed to prevent it happening again. So what are you whining about again?
    Trump doesn't wear glasses because he already has 2020.

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

only a traitor would pretend the people who are patriotically protecting this nation are lying and Putin is telling the truth
    Bernie Sanders is a Communist sleeper. His job is to destroy America. Putin's puppet.

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FastLane View Post
    Bernie Sanders is a Communist sleeper. His job is to destroy America. Putin's puppet.
    he sure doesn't Love my party

he only USES it when he runs for president

then switches right back out

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And you morons let it happen. Change the party rules and don't allow him to run as a Democrat. Have you ever seen the video of him shirtless singing and drinking Vodka in Russian with a bunch of Communists?

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And you morons let it happen. Change the party rules and don't allow him to run as a Democrat. Have you ever seen the video of him shirtless singing and drinking Vodka in Russian with a bunch of Communists?

If it comes down to voting for the Communist Sanders or Trump what are you going to do?

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Just a question: What exactly about FISA abuse did Hannity get wrong? The IG can only talk with federal employees. Many of the Mueller report people are no longer government employees. Barr and Durham are one investigation and its a criminal investigation Graham isn't conducting a criminal investigation. Graham is trying to find out what happened so the Senate can understand what happened so if any legislation is needed to prevent it happening again. So what are you whining about again?
    Probably half of what he said, or allowed a "guest" to say there by introducing an innuendo, Hannity after PizzaGate and Seth Rich went beyond the borders of even remotely being taken serious, if he hadn't been earlier, raking Obama for putting mustard on a hamburger was probably his best

So if Barr is doing a criminal investigation, even though I doubt that, why does Lindsey now need to do his own investigation? If he was concerned with legislating changes, which you'd have to be totally naive to believe, why wouldn't he first wait to see what Barr found out? Is he going to find something that Barr's team of investigators overlooked?

Lindsey is just looking to initiate innuendos for the demogogues to run with per Trump's direction, as I said, Biden has faded, the Ukraine angle is busted, so Trump needs something more on endorse the victim theme

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Bernie is a Commie now? I remember when some on the right labeled Obama a Commie, said he was out to destroy America.

You do realize Commie is so Twentieth Century

And given Trump's documented relations with the Russians and Putin himself, I'd go easy on the "Putin puppet" thing

19. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Phantasmal (02-15-2020)