Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Why Doesn't The Very Stable Genius Simply Pardon Stone?

1. #151 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Here's trump in 2008. My, how the worm turns.

"Stone worked for Donald Trump as an occasional lobbyist and as an adviser when Trump considered running for President in 2000. “Roger is a stone-cold loser,” Trump told me. “He always tries taking credit for things he never did.”
    Trump has no friends,narcissis only need themselves
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

2. The Following User Groans At Mason Michaels For This Awful Post:

Earl (02-18-2020)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

PoliTalker (02-18-2020)

4. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post

WHICH IS IRRELEVENT TO HIS CALLING OUT THE BLATANT PROSECUTORIAL AND JUDICUAL MISCONDUCT IN THE STONE TRIAL...MIDCONDUCT THAT SHOULD PISS OFF EVERY AMERICAN...
    Aw, cry me a river. Stone spent his entire career calling himself a dirty trickster and bragging about how he got one over on almost everybody. (Stone’s rules: “Attack, attack, attack—never defend” and “Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack.”) Stone and you need to suck it up. Karma.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

5. The Following User Groans At christiefan915 For This Awful Post:

Earl (02-18-2020)

6. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Lots of good stuff out there about Stone, GM. Curb your pity, he doesn't need it.

"Stone served as a senior consultant to Bob Dole’s 1996 campaign for President, but that assignment ended in a characteristic conflagration. The National Enquirer, in a story headlined “Top Dole Aide Caught in Group-Sex Ring,” reported that the Stones had apparently run personal ads in a magazine called Local Swing Fever and on a Web site that had been set up with Nydia’s credit card. “Hot, insatiable lady and her handsome body builder husband, experienced swingers, seek similar couples or exceptional muscular . . . single men,” the ad on the Web site stated.

The ads sought athletes and military men, while discouraging overweight candidates, and included photographs of the Stones. At the time, Stone claimed that he had been set up by a “very sick individual,” but he was forced to resign from Dole’s campaign.

Stone acknowledged to me that the ads were authentic. “When that whole thing hit the fan in 1996, the reason I gave a blanket denial was that my grandparents were still alive,” he said. “I’m not guilty of hypocrisy. I’m a libertarian and a libertine.”

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...irty-trickster

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Phantasmal (02-18-2020), PoliTalker (02-18-2020)

8. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lots of good stuff out there about Stone, GM. Curb your pity, he doesn't need it.

"Stone served as a senior consultant to Bob Dole’s 1996 campaign for President, but that assignment ended in a characteristic conflagration. The National Enquirer, in a story headlined “Top Dole Aide Caught in Group-Sex Ring,” reported that the Stones had apparently run personal ads in a magazine called Local Swing Fever and on a Web site that had been set up with Nydia’s credit card. “Hot, insatiable lady and her handsome body builder husband, experienced swingers, seek similar couples or exceptional muscular . . . single men,” the ad on the Web site stated.

The ads sought athletes and military men, while discouraging overweight candidates, and included photographs of the Stones. At the time, Stone claimed that he had been set up by a “very sick individual,” but he was forced to resign from Dole’s campaign.

Stone acknowledged to me that the ads were authentic. “When that whole thing hit the fan in 1996, the reason I gave a blanket denial was that my grandparents were still alive,” he said. “I’m not guilty of hypocrisy. I’m a libertarian and a libertine.”

IRRELEVANT TO THE CURRENT , BADLY CORRUPTED CASE..BARR IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT TO STOP THE BULLSHIT.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH STONE.....
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

Earl (02-18-2020)

10. #155 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Right, no president is going to do something stupid before an election. At the same time, it might strengthen him with supporters who aren't going to vote against him and no Democrats are going to vote for him with or without a pardon. Candidates need to worry about the 7+ million who voted 3rd party.
    I agree that pardoning Stone would be stupid. It is stupid because it is wrong.

He has already taken away the power of Congress, and now he is taking the power of the Justice Department for himself.

Having three co-equal branches of government is so cumbersome for a king.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (02-18-2020)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (02-18-2020)

13. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,686 Times in 17,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Why? Trump is allowing this to play out in real time to expose, the methods, the tools, and the players involved.....Trump will have to do nothing, all it will take is a declassified connection to the FISA abuse report by the IG. Game over. Anything touched by Muller and Wiseman will be tossed out.

The corrupt players are resigning and running for the hills. The media is simply attempting to draft a script to explain why they are all running like hell.
    Precisely.

14. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

He has already taken away the power of Congress, and now he is taking the power of the Justice Department for himself.

Horse mierda, Snowflake.

What is worse is that you know it’s horse mierda.

15. #158 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

The DOJ was created by an act of Congress and isn’t a separate branch of government.

It is under the executive branch. The AG answers to the President—serves at his pleasure and etc. The only judicial branch of government that doesn’t fall under executive authority is the Supreme Court.

Trump or any president would have to get way, way, out line to do something impeachable under that *constitutional* set up.

Trump isn’t there quite yet.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (02-18-2020)

17. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    The DOJ was created by an act of Congress and isn’t a separate branch of government.

It is under the executive branch. The AG answers to the President—serves at his pleasure and etc. The only judicial branch of government that doesn’t fall under executive authority is the Supreme Court.

Trump or any president would have to get way, way, out line to do something impeachable under that *constitutional* set up.

Trump isn’t there quite yet.
    Not in your eyes, no.

Nor in those of the remaining Republican party, that is, the 95% of Republicans who have not been run off by the shameful tweet-shamer.

But that is a minority of America.

A rather outspoken one.

Time to say enough is enough.

You have a good point, though. I got it wrong when I inferred that the Justice Department is one of the three co-equal branches. I can admit it when I make mistakes. It's a good way to learn.

But in order to learn from your mistakes, you have to man up and admit it when you make one.

That is something I have never once heard POTUS do.

Instead, he just lies.

It's so much easier to just pretend you're perfect; especially when you have a party full of enablers.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

18. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (02-18-2020)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (02-18-2020)

20. #160 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello christiefan915,

Anybody who would run for president and fail to vet his team, to end up being associated with somebody like this, is definitely not a 'very stable genius.'

21. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (02-18-2020)

22. #161 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,194 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Once a sleazy, always a sleazy! Birds of a feather...

23. The Following User Groans At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

Earl (02-18-2020)

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (02-18-2020), PoliTalker (02-18-2020)

25. #162 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Go, Bernie.

Four more years.

26. #163 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Hello Darth,

Not in your eyes, no.

Nor in those of the remaining Republican party, that is, the 95% of Republicans who have not been run off by the shameful tweet-shamer.

But that is a minority of America.

A rather outspoken one.

Time to say enough is enough.

You have a good point, though. I got it wrong when I inferred that the Justice Department is one of the three co-equal branches. I can admit it when I make mistakes. It's a good way to learn.

But in order to learn from your mistakes, you have to man up and admit it when you make one.

That is something I have never once heard POTUS do.

Instead, he just lies.

It's so much easier to just pretend you're perfect; especially when you have a party full of enablers.
    You get points for admitting the mistake lol.

We all make mistakes and that’s an easy one to make. But that means there’s nothing to this. It may be ‘politically inopportune’ for Trump say Barr did the right thing in questioning the unreasonable sentence for Roger Stone.

But that’s it. Trump was well within his authority to make the comment.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (02-18-2020)

28. #164 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I hope that the Gestapos who stormed a 70 year old man and his wife sleeping at 4AM with assault rifles get the boot.

CNN should explain why they knew it was going down.

Who leaked?

29. #165 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

PoliTalker did not “infer.”

He stated:

Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    “I agree that pardoning Stone would be stupid. It is stupid because it is wrong.

He has already taken away the power of Congress, and now he is taking the power of the Justice Department for himself. I

Having three co-equal branches of government is so cumbersome for a king.”