Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Why Doesn't The Very Stable Genius Simply Pardon Stone?

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Once a sleazy, always a sleazy! Birds of a feather...
    Potus liked the way Stone lied.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (02-18-2020)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (02-18-2020)

4. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    You get points for admitting the mistake lol.

We all make mistakes and that’s an easy one to make. But that means there’s nothing to this. It may be ‘politically inopportune’ for Trump say Barr did the right thing in questioning the unreasonable sentence for Roger Stone.

But that’s it. Trump was well within his authority to make the comment.
    IMPOTUS has exerted his control over the SCOTUS by nominating Kav, and then telling him to throw a hissy fit about the sexual charges and go on the offensive. Hey, it always worked for IMPOTUS.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (02-18-2020)

6. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,657 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    I agree that pardoning Stone would be stupid. It is stupid because it is wrong.

He has already taken away the power of Congress, and now he is taking the power of the Justice Department for himself.

Having three co-equal branches of government is so cumbersome for a king.
    You are exaggerating. He took away no power of Congress. Which power to you think he took away? And the Justice Department has the same amount of power it always had. We can criticize his interference, but tweets can't take away any power.

Congress has delegated more of its powers to the president over the years, but all presidents have taken advantage of that. Republicans criticized the executive orders of Obama (DACA) and Democrats have criticized the executive orders of Trump and both presidents had executive orders blocked by the courts. I think executive orders have been a source of abuse by several presidents.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Darth Omar (02-18-2020), Earl (02-18-2020)

8. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Flash,

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    You are exaggerating. He took away no power of Congress. Which power to you think he took away? And the Justice Department has the same amount of power it always had. We can criticize his interference, but tweets can't take away any power.

Congress has delegated more of its powers to the president over the years, but all presidents have taken advantage of that. Republicans criticized the executive orders of Obama (DACA) and Democrats have criticized the executive orders of Trump and both presidents had executive orders blocked by the courts. I think executive orders have been a source of abuse by several presidents.
    The power of impeachment has been taken away.

Potus cannot be impeached.

If he couldn't be impeached for violating his oath and the Constitution by compromising our international security position, along with that of a crucially located ally, and attempting to rig the 2020 election with foreign interference, then he cannot be impeached for anything.

No problem.

The real impeachment vote is on November 3rd.

I say he is guilty.

9. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (02-18-2020)

10. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

But there was no interference on Trump’s part unless you call giving props to Barr ‘interference’.

Trump shouldn’t have said nothing but it’s just another in a long line of Silly Burgers in the sense Trump has become a dictator. And Barr was overseeing a federal court which he has full authority to do.

It’s much ado about not much of anything.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (02-18-2020)

12. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Flash,

The power of impeachment has been taken away.

Potus cannot be impeached.
    Obviously he can since the president was impeached.

If being impeached but not convicted is taking away the power of impeachment then it was taken away many years ago with Johnson and Clinton who also violated their oath of office but were not convicted.
    Last edited by Flash; 02-18-2020 at 10:36 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Earl (02-18-2020)

14. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But there was no interference on Trump’s part unless you call giving props to Barr ‘interference’.

Trump shouldn’t have said nothing but it’s just another in a long line of Silly Burgers in the sense Trump has become a dictator. And Barr was overseeing a federal court which he has full authority to do.

It’s much ado about not much of anything.
    He did not directly interfere, but if I was AG and the president tweeted his displeasure I might take that as a hint to try to please him. Many others did not and are no longer there. They have gone from really good guys (Comey, etc.) to terrible people.

And Barr has no authority over federal courts (you probably meant prosecutors) but it has been a long precedent not to interfere, especially when friends and former employees are being prosecuted.

15. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Flash,

Obviously he can since the president was impeached.

If being impeached but not convicted is taking away the power of impeachment then it was taken away many years ago with Johnson and Clinton who also violated their oath of office but were not convicted.
    Well, there's not much point in impeaching him again. He cannot be convicted of any crime with this Republican Senate.

He has total impunity. Absolute power.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 02-18-2020 at 02:02 PM.

16. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (02-18-2020)

17. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

I expect Stone to get a pardon—and he should, since he’s the victim of a misguided and plausibly corrupt political investigation.

I don’t get what the hurry is though. There’s a better argument to allow it to play out. Let people see how The Swamp ‘justice’ system works. Let them see the double standards in play. Force the Swamp defenders to defend it. Get all the cards on the table before the election.

McCabe skated after lying under oath. None of the victims of the Mullet investigation who were charged with lying to investigators were even under oath. None of the Swamp fans are able to explain that even as they celebrate it while calling McCabe a ‘patriot’.

Too many people aren’t blind. They can see what’s going on.
    Yeah. Now if only the Trump supporters would stop being blind...the world would quickly become a better place.

Trump truly can Make America Great Again. He can resign.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

18. The Following User Groans At Frank Apisa For This Awful Post:

Earl (02-18-2020)

19. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Yeah. Now if only the Trump supporters would stop being blind...the world would quickly become a better place.

Trump truly can Make America Great Again. He can resign.
    President Trump will be re-elected, Frank and you will hate it just as much as we did when Obama was re-elected.

Get over it, stop acting like the whining children on this forum,

20. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,619 Times in 21,482 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

He will, after he is done using him.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

21. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Flash,

Well, there's not much point in impeaching him again. He cannot be convicted of any crime with this Republican Senate.

He has total impunity. Absolute power.
    I don't remember Johnson or Clinton having absolute power after they were acquitted by the Senate. Hyperbole.

22. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,093 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Hello christiefan915,

Anybody who would run for president and fail to vet his team, to end up being associated with somebody like this, is definitely not a 'very stable genius.'
    People like Stone are the only ones who are willing to work for the uncrowned king. Those who have an ounce of scruples are leaving in droves. The turnover is record-breaking.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

23. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

PoliTalker (02-19-2020)

24. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Flash,

I don't remember Johnson or Clinton having absolute power after they were acquitted by the Senate. Hyperbole.
    Each case is unique.

25. #180 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You would think that if he isn't afraid of anything, and he has all this rock solid support, that he wouldn't be worried about pardoning Stone.

What. Is he just waiting for the right timing in the news cycle so he can bury it under some big story?