Page 40 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Bernie wins New Hampshire!

1. #586 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    If Ol' BS appealed to his followers for policies other than freebie giveaways we cannot afford and pandering to SJW nitwits, I might give him a little consideration.
    You're never going to consider Sanders, and the reason is because accepting Sanders means the conventional wisdom by which you've led your life has been completely fucked the whole time.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #587 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He can fight all he wants, but winning is another matter. If you're naive enough to believe he will single-handedly change the way govt functions or end the influence of money over power, you should just stick to your Barbie dolls, stuffed animals and having tea-parties with your girlfriends while your old Unca' Bernie tells you fairy tales.
    If you think a billionaire who is trying to buy his way to the Presidency, will end the influence of money over power, then you might as well just punch yourself in the dick repeatedly for being so stupid and naive.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Cinnabar (02-18-2020), TTQ64 (02-19-2020)

4. #588 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    So then if Sanders is the nominee, we can count on your vote?
    No.
    Well, it's a good thing we don't need your vote, then. Instead of wasting attention and focus on you, we can concentrate on the 95 million non-voters and get two of them to vote in your stead.

Making the electorate larger means your influence diminishes. That's why you hate Bernie so much...by bringing in new voters, your status as the voter everyone tries to accommodate suddenly disappears.

So you might as well just vote for Trump, since that seems to be what you really want anyway.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Cinnabar (02-18-2020)

6. #589 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'd rather see another four years of Trump get shoved down the throats of people like so you get to choke on it everyday and realize how full of shit you are.
    Then vote for Trump.

Go for it.

Do it.

I am not going to stop you.

What I will stop is trying to convince you to vote against Trump. Instead, I'll get two non-voters to vote in your place, that way we make up your vote and add another one. We do that enough times and suddenly we have 60% turnout, and the "centrists" and "moderates" don't matter anymore. The only reason they mattered before is because their votes were important because turnout is low. But with high turnout...suddenly you don't matter that much.

And I think that's what upsets you most of all about Bernie; he's forcing you into accepting you're not as important as you think you are.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

TTQ64 (02-19-2020)

8. #590 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Trump with a solid blue Congress to keep is ass reigned in tight would be better than listening to Ol' BS yammering like a Loon about revolution while knowing everyday he could be on the verge of another heart attack.
    Trump had a heart attack. Last December. And you would rather have Trump than Sanders.

Also, what makes you think that Congress will be solidly blue? If there's no excitement and enthusiasm, how do you plan on winning the Senate? Thoughts and prayers?

Bernie and his thick-skulled moron legion of bots divided the loyalties of the Democratic Party.
    No.

Bernie isn't to blame.

The people to blame are those who voted for Trump (62 million).

The other people to blame are those who didn't vote at all (95 million).

Bernie had nothing to do with either.

Stop blaming everyone else for your own stupidity.
    Stop blaming Bernie Sanders supporters for the actions of Trump voters and non-voters.

You even said you wouldn't vote for Sanders yourself. So if Bernie is the nominee, you'd be the one dividing the loyalties of the Democratic Party just like you said:

Bernie and his thick-skulled moron legion of bots divided the loyalties of the Democratic Party.
    Only you'd be the thick-skulled moron who divided the party by not supporting the nominee.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

TTQ64 (02-19-2020)

10. #591 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

None of us believe it's free.

We all know it's funded by taxes.

So it would seem you are the one being taken for a ride by promises of "free stuff".

Who told you it would be "free stuff", and why do you believe it?
    You're lying.

You want it because it would be free to you while others would be paying for it both directly and indirectly.

We'd all be paying for it in the form of higher prices for goods produced by the companies whose taxes would increase exponentially in order to increase tax revenues to foot the bill.

You could never raise taxes high enough to pay for everything Ol' BS is promising.

Yeah, heard the same thing about Trump.

Government isn't a business, and running government as a business doesn't work, like we saw during Bush the Dumber and now during Trump.
    False comparison. Bloomberg isn't Trump. Trump is a mentally unstable and incompetent scumbag. Bloomberg is sane and highly competent.

If you don't think govt and business are intertwined and go hand-in-hand, you're even dumber than you sound.

WORDS.

LETTERS.

THINGS.

VAGUE.
    YOU'RE.

STUPID.

DON'T.

COMPREHEND.

How do you know they wouldn't work or come to fruition?

In 1963 no one thought there'd be Medicare.

But then two years later, there was.
    More of your usual specious logic.

This isn't 1963 and we're not talking about a program that only targets a percentage of the population.

If Bloomberg and his allies cannot withstand criticism like this, how the fuck are they going to withstand it from Trump?

We've all seen Bloomberg's quotes about stop and frisk, and racial profiling, and redlining.

Are they things you agree with?
    Who said he can't withstand it other than you?

And you accused me of sophistry???

GTFOH.

Nothing MB said about S&F etc was racist or not based in reality.

The cops know where the most street level violence and crime exists and they took proactive measures to stop it. If it hadn't been for sob-sisters like you, the NYC crime rate would still be down where it was.

What does Bloomberg have to do to prove to you that he's a racist?
    Nothing.

He can't prove what isn't so.

Last edited by Nomad; 02-18-2020 at 03:41 PM.

11. #592 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Well, it's a good thing we don't need your vote, then. Instead of wasting attention and focus on you, we can concentrate on the 95 million non-voters and get two of them to vote in your stead.

Making the electorate larger means your influence diminishes. That's why you hate Bernie so much...by bringing in new voters, your status as the voter everyone tries to accommodate suddenly disappears.

So you might as well just vote for Trump, since that seems to be what you really want anyway.

Then vote for Trump.

Go for it.

Do it.

I am not going to stop you.

What I will stop is trying to convince you to vote against Trump. Instead, I'll get two non-voters to vote in your place, that way we make up your vote and add another one. We do that enough times and suddenly we have 60% turnout, and the "centrists" and "moderates" don't matter anymore. The only reason they mattered before is because their votes were important because turnout is low. But with high turnout...suddenly you don't matter that much.

And I think that's what upsets you most of all about Bernie; he's forcing you into accepting you're not as important as you think you are.

Trump had a heart attack. Last December. And you would rather have Trump than Sanders.

Also, what makes you think that Congress will be solidly blue? If there's no excitement and enthusiasm, how do you plan on winning the Senate? Thoughts and prayers?

No.

Bernie isn't to blame.

The people to blame are those who voted for Trump (62 million).

The other people to blame are those who didn't vote at all (95 million).

Bernie had nothing to do with either.

Stop blaming Bernie Sanders supporters for the actions of Trump voters and non-voters.

You even said you wouldn't vote for Sanders yourself. So if Bernie is the nominee, you'd be the one dividing the loyalties of the Democratic Party just like you said:

Only you'd be the thick-skulled moron who divided the party by not supporting the nominee.

My, my, my.... such temper tantrums out of Bernie's little bitches.

It's obvious that you are desperately in need of a man, but you'll never get one with a nasty little bitch mouth like that.

12. #593 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You want it because it would be free to you while others would be paying for it both directly and indirectly.
    Well, under M4A, everyone pays.

So...?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

TTQ64 (02-19-2020)

14. #594 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We'd all be paying for it in the form of higher prices for goods produced by the companies whose taxes would increase exponentially in order to increase tax revenues to foot the bill.
    Well, we cut their taxes in 2018 and they didn't lower prices.

So why would they raise them if their taxes were raised?

You only pay taxes on profit.

15. #595 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You could never raise taxes high enough to pay for everything Ol' BS is promising.
    Sure we can. It's really easy. I'd trade my premiums, copays, deductibles, drug costs, etc. for a flat tax any day of the week.

16. #596 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

False comparison. Bloomberg isn't Trump. Trump is a mentally unstable and incompetent scumbag. Bloomberg is sane and highly competent.
    That's what they said about Hoover.

That's what they said about Bush the Dumber.

That's what they said about Trump.

We've had three Presidents with MBA's and all three have been among the worst Presidents we've ever had.

If you don't think govt and business are intertwined and go hand-in-hand, you're even dumber than you sound.
    You seem confused at government's role when it comes to business. You seem to think they should go hand-in-hand, whereas I think government should protect us from business. Business and government going hand-in-hand is literally fascism.

So I guess that makes you a fascist.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

TTQ64 (02-19-2020)

18. #597 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

YOU'RE.

STUPID.

DON'T.

COMPREHEND.
    No, you just said four random things and tried to attribute the best of them to Bloomberg.

Laziness is what you should have used.

19. #598 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

More of your usual specious logic.
    This isn't 1963 and we're not talking about a program that only targets a percentage of the population..
    OK, and what is the difference between 2020 and 1963, politically speaking?

In 1963, we had a GOP that had liberals in it.

In 2020, we don't.

So my point continues to be; since the GOP has gone all-in with fascism, why would we try to persuade moderates?

20. #599 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Who said he can't withstand it other than you?
    You did, when you made your hysterical response to me calling out Bloomberg's racism, which you still haven't answered for and never will.

I guess because you think "stop and frisk" was a good thing? Because you think redlining is a good thing?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

TTQ64 (02-19-2020)

22. #600 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nothing MB said about S&F etc was racist or not based in reality.
    You haven't paid attention to a thing Bloomberg has said.

From just 5 years ago:

"Ninety-five percent of your murders and murderers and murder victims fit one M.O." he says in the recording. "You can just take the description, Xerox it and pass it out to all the cops. They are male minorities,16 to 21. That's true in New York, it's true in virtually every city in America."

In the audio, Bloomberg acknowledges that minorities were arrested at a disproportional rate "because we put all the cops in the minority neighborhoods." And he said that was done "because that's where all the crime is."
    Racist.

More crimes occurred at Wall Street than in the Bronx. We know because those crimes nearly destroyed our economy.

Yet no stockbrokers were stopped and/or frisked, were they?