Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump and Truth

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Default Trump and Truth

I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. - Trump speech, Nov. 21 2015, Birmingham, Ala.

Next day on ABC This Week:

"It was on television. I saw it."

There is no known TV footage of thousands of people in NJ cheering on 9/11; and if there is, nobody but Trump remembers seeing it.

My father was German, born in a ... very ... wonderful ... place ... in Germany. - Trump press conference, Apr. 2 2019.

This was at least the third time he said this on the record.

His father was born in the Bronx.

In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally. - Trump tweet, Nov. 27 2016.

After his inauguration (which drew the hugest crowd ever), Trump formed a Commission to track down these millions of illegal voters. Maybe they were lost in the crowd; anyway they were never found.

Just landed ... everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office. There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea. - Trump tweet, Jun. 13 2018.

Kim Jong-un has up to 50 nuclear weapons plus successfully tested ICBMs. But Trump trusts him, so we can all relax .

When I took over our military, we did not have ammunition. I was told by a top general, "Sir ... we don’t have ammunition." - Trump press conference, Oct. 7 2019.

The United States spent over $600 billion on the military in 2016. None of it went on ammunition?

AND

You haven’t gotten one [pay raise] in more than 10 years. More than 10 years! - Trump to service members, Dec. 26 2018.

The military have had pay raises every year since 1961.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (02-12-2020), stoned (02-13-2020), ThatOwlWoman (02-12-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    Trump and Truth
    Don't tell me all politicians lie. No poltician lies all the time for no reason.
    We get it; you only care when they have an "R" next to their name.

1,063 Documented Examples of Barack Obama’s Lying, Lawbreaking, Corruption, Cronyism, Hypocrisy, Waste, Etc.
    https://freedomoutpost.com/1063-docu...isy-waste-etc/
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Documented Examples of Barack Obama’s Lying, Lawbreaking, Corruption, Cronyism, Hypocrisy, Waste, Etc.
    Thank you for the link to "Freedom Outpost", Truth Deflector! One article in particular caught my eye:

Patriots Rained On Hillary’s Parade… & Her House
    https://freedomoutpost.com/patriots-...ade-her-house/

Sample paragraph:
    "We showed up at Hillary’s house on the Sunday before Memorial Day and we called for her indictment. We spent time on our knees praying for her and for her repentance. We called on God to deliver swift Justice to her and then to save her soul while she sits in prison."

Do you think it occurred to these patriots to wonder why TRUMP hasn't had Hillary indicted? For years he's been declaring that Hillary is an arch-criminal. He wouldn't say that unless he had solid evidence, would he? Such a truthful fellow! So why doesn't he give Barr the go-ahead? Is it misplaced Christian forbearance?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-12-2020)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,386 Times in 53,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm only familiar with a small fraction of Trump's untruths. There are thousands and thousands; and frankly, after a point, it's same old.

Don't tell me all politicians lie. No poltician lies all the time for no reason. Anyway, he lied just the same before he was a politician. Why does he do it, and who does he think he's fooling?
    He lies because he is a pathological liar. He is very successful at it. The Reichtards lap it up and beg for more. They've been taught that any rebuttal to TRE45ON's continuous falsehoods (i.e., the truth) is "fake news." He says what the marks want to hear. It works -- for him.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 80 Posts

I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. - Trump speech, Nov. 21 2015, Birmingham, Ala.

There is no known TV footage of thousands of people in NJ cheering on 9/11; and if there is, nobody but Trump remembers seeing it.

My father was German, born in a ... very ... wonderful ... place ... in Germany. - Trump press conference, Apr. 2 2019.

In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally. - Trump tweet, Nov. 27 2016.

After his inauguration (which drew the hugest crowd ever), Trump formed a Commission to track down these millions of illegal voters. Maybe they were lost in the crowd; anyway they were never found.

Just landed ... everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office. There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea. - Trump tweet, Jun. 13 2018.

Kim Jong-un has up to 50 nuclear weapons plus successfully tested ICBMs. But Trump trusts him, so we can all relax .

When I took over our military, we did not have ammunition. I was told by a top general, "Sir ... we don’t have ammunition." - Trump press conference, Oct. 7 2019.

The United States spent over $600 billion on the military in 2016. None of it went on ammunition?

AND

You haven’t gotten one [pay raise] in more than 10 years. More than 10 years! - Trump to service members, Dec. 26 2018.

Trump has been a pathogical liar his entire adult life. His defenders are no better.

8. #6 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,607 Times in 17,048 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    He lies because he is a pathological liar. He is very successful at it. The Reichtards lap it up and beg for more. They've been taught that any rebuttal to TRE45ON's continuous falsehoods (i.e., the truth) is "fake news." He says what the marks want to hear. It works -- for him.
    I must have missed being "taught" any rebuttal to Trump is "fake news." Seems to me any rebuttal to Trump comes with unconscionable hatred, lies of being racist, homophobic, and anything else the left can conjure up. Of course, you left wing zealots make up lies about his supporters too. BTW, when was the last time you called a conservative a conservative instead of one of your patented childish names?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (02-12-2020), Truth Detector (02-12-2020)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    I must have missed being "taught" any rebuttal to Trump is "fake news." Seems to me any rebuttal to Trump comes with unconscionable hatred, lies of being racist, homophobic, and anything else the left can conjure up. Of course, you left wing zealots make up lies about his supporters too. BTW, when was the last time you called a conservative a conservative instead of one of your patented childish names?
    Which of the points quoted by Tranquilius do you deny?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Thank you for the link to "Freedom Outpost", Truth Deflector! One article in particular caught my eye:

Patriots Rained On Hillary’s Parade… & Her House
    https://freedomoutpost.com/patriots-...ade-her-house/

Sample paragraph:
    "We showed up at Hillary’s house on the Sunday before Memorial Day and we called for her indictment. We spent time on our knees praying for her and for her repentance. We called on God to deliver swift Justice to her and then to save her soul while she sits in prison."

Do you think it occurred to these patriots to wonder why TRUMP hasn't had Hillary indicted? For years he's been declaring that Hillary is an arch-criminal. He wouldn't say that unless he had solid evidence, would he? Such a truthful fellow! So why doesn't he give Barr the go-ahead? Is it misplaced Christian forbearance?
    Are you claiming that Hillary shouldn't have been indicted for Obstruction of Justice, destroying evidence and illegally conducting the public's business on a private e-mail server?

Obviously you are not very smart or educated.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatFOWLWoman View Post
    I R O N Y!!!! Pathological lying hacks like you should buy a mirror.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tacomaman View Post
    Trump has been a pathogical liar his entire adult life. His defenders are no better.
    I R O N Y coming from one.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PendeJo View Post
    Which of the points quoted by Tranquilius do you deny?
    All of them goat herder; now fuck off and die already.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 80 Posts

I R O N Y coming from one.
    Have you always suffered from blind allegiance or were you previously capable of partial self thinking?

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Have you always suffered from blind allegiance ......
    Explain how my allegiances are blind scarecrow; you seem to love strawmen and lies. Have you always been this stupid and pathetic?

......or were you previously capable of partial self thinking?
    I am amused that you think the BS you post here constitutes thinking. Would you like to debate a topic; or merely cry like a little baby about everything? I'd put my thinking above yours any day snowflake. Name the topic.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Are you claiming that Hillary shouldn't have been indicted for Obstruction of Justice, destroying evidence and illegally conducting the public's business on a private e-mail server?
    Well, she wasn't indicted, which means she wasn't convicted or acquitted. According to my understanding, that means she could still be indicted. If not for that, then for serial murder, selling uranium to Russia, running a pedophile ring, or any of the other "crimes" that you dumb believers prattle on about.

So why hasn't Trump done it?

Obviously you are not very smart or educated
    True, I didn't graduate from Wharton with grades so brilliant that my attorneys have threatened the law on anyone who discloses them.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,623 Times in 11,616 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

AND

While I admit Trump tells a lot of lies. How many Americans died due to the above lies in your post?

Now how many Americans died due to the following lie?

Gulf of Tonkin Incident
    August 4, 1964
    My fellow Americans: - As President and Commander in Chief, it is my duty to the American people to report that renewed hostile actions against United States ships on the high seas in the Gulf of Tonkin have today required me to order the military forces of the United States to take action in reply.
    The initial attack on the destroyer Maddox, on August 2, was repeated today by a number of hostile vessels attacking two U.S. destroyers with torpedoes. The destroyers and supporting aircraft acted at once on the orders I gave after the initial act of aggression. We believe at least two of the attacking boats were sunk. There were no U.S. losses.
    The performance of commanders and crews in this engagement is in the highest tradition of the United States Navy. But repeated acts of violence against the Armed Forces of the United States must be met not only with alert defense, but with positive reply. That reply is being given as I speak to you tonight. Air action is now in execution against gunboats and certain supporting facilities in North Viet-Nam which have been used in these hostile operations.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Truth Detector (02-12-2020)