Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Wow. Fun Fact: Bloomberg Has Given Away More Money Than Trump Ever Made.

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Bloomberg is leading a Green movement to fight climate change, coordinating major cities in the USA despite the regressive US policies set by the current president:

"During his second term as the mayor of New York City, Bloomberg unveiled PlaNYC: A Greener, Greater New York on April 22, 2007, to fight global warming, protect the environment and prepare for the projected 1 million additional people expected to be living in the city by the year 2030.[125]

Under PlaNYC, in just six years New York City reduced citywide greenhouse gas emissions by 19% since 2005 and was on track to achieve a 30% reduction ahead of the PlaNYC 2030 goal.[126] In October 2007, as part of PlaNYC, Bloomberg launched the Million Trees NYC initiative, which aimed to plant and care for one million trees throughout the city in the next decade. In November 2015, New York City planted its one millionth tree, two years ahead of the original 10-year schedule.[127]

In 2008, Bloomberg convened the New York City Panel on Climate Change (NPCC), an effort to prepare the city for climate change.[128] In 2012, Travel + Leisure readers voted New York City the "Dirtiest American City," for having the most extant litter.[129] Bloomberg has been involved in motivating other cities to make changes and has spoken about reducing carbon dioxide emissions, using cleaner and more efficient fuels, using congestion pricing in New York City, and encouraging public transportation.[130]

Bloomberg unveiled the Special Initiative for Rebuilding and Resiliency (SIRR) in June 2013, after the city was affected by Hurricane Sandy in October 2012. The $20 billion initiative laid out extensive plans to protect New York City against future impacts of climate change.[131] On September 26, 2013, Bloomberg announced that his administration's air pollution reduction efforts had resulted in the best air quality in New York City in more than 50 years.[132] The majority of the air quality improvement was attributed to the phasing out of heavy polluting heating oils through New York's "Clean Heat" program.[133] As a result of the improved air quality, the average life expectancy of New Yorkers had increased three years during Bloomberg's tenure, compared to 1.8 years in the rest of the country.[134]

By 2017 Bloomberg donated 100 million dollars to the campaign Beyond Coal, that helped close over half of the US coal power stations, since 2011 when it was expanded due to his financial help. In 2017 he donated 64 million dollars more, the day after EPA head Scott Pruitt began to abolish President Barack Obama's Clean Power Plan.[135]

In 2019 Bloomberg, with the Sierra Club and other organizations, launched "Beyond Carbon," an initiative to complete the USA's transition to non-fossil energy sources.[136]

Bloomberg and former California Governor Jerry Brown launched and are leading America's Pledge, a coalition of cities, businesses, states and more in the US to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.[137][138] The organization covers 68% of the GDP and 65% of the population of the United States. In COP25 it presented a report named "ACCELERATING AMERICA’S PLEDGE," in which it stated that already existing commitments can cut USA greenhouse gas emissions by 19% by 2025 and by 25% by 2030. Accelerating local action can lower emissions by 37% by the year 2030, and if federal support will be adjusted, by 49% by the same year relative to the level of the year 2005.[139][140] "

[from the OP link]
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (02-17-2020)

3. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Bloomberg said stop and frisk was wrong, realizes he made a mistake, and has apologized to everyone who was affected by it.

Now there is a man of honor.

To admit to making mistakes and apologize when it has hurt someone.

Very respectable.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,137 Times in 33,847 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Bloomberg said stop and frisk was wrong, realizes he made a mistake, and has apologized to everyone who was affected by it.

Now there is a man of honor.

To admit to making mistakes and apologize when it has hurt someone.

Very respectable.
    I think it would help if he put money into programs for those affected by the stop and frisk program. I know he does a lot for women’s issues.

5. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 158 Times in 148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    "Bloomberg grew up in Medford, Massachusetts and attended Johns Hopkins University and Harvard Business School. He began his career at the securities brokerage Salomon Brothers, before forming his own company in 1981, Bloomberg L.P., a global financial services, software and mass media company that bears his name, and is known for its Bloomberg Terminal, a computer software system providing financial data widely used in the global financial services industry. He spent the next twenty years as its chairman and CEO. As of November 2019, this made him the ninth-richest person in the United States and the 14th-richest person in the world; his net worth was estimated at $58 billion.[3] Since signing The Giving Pledge whereby billionaires pledge to give away at least half of their wealth, Bloomberg has given away $8.2 billion.[4]"

Bloomberg
    He hasn’t given anywhere near half his wealth .... so much for the pledge .

6. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Another bullshit OP from Policocksucker

Let's review. Leftists who are always decrying the "rich buying our politicians" are readily getting behind a true oligarch. The irony is so amazing

Also, Bloomberg talks about giving away half of his wealth, but he hasn't even come close. And why only half? Why not 90%? He could give away 90% of his wealth to the poor and still be one of the richest men in the world.

But look at JPP leftists slobber all over him

7. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I think it would help if he put money into programs for those affected by the stop and frisk program. I know he does a lot for women’s issues.
    I agree. That would definitely help.

Did you know he donated $100 million to the Democratic Party for the 2018 midterms and was in part responsible for the record number of Democratic women elected to Congress in 2018?

The fun facts just keep on coming.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (02-17-2020)