Thread: Trump scrubs 70 Obama holdovers from NSC

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,654 Times in 17,915 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    The leaks seem heavily linked to trump's political appointees, and their infighting. Their infighting is getting worse.
    The whistle blower wasn’t a political appointee, Walter.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why did he wait so long? Should have been done on day one.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Earl (02-11-2020)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello ziggy,

Who needs diplomacy or more complete knowledge and contacts when you simply shoot from the hip and negotiate with threats?
    The president sets foreign policy, not some light colonel...or his brother, Snowflake.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

dukkha (02-12-2020)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump reminds me of the bull-headed type who gets a product, never reads the instructions (saying they are for sissies,) and proceeds to disable every single safety feature engineered into the product.

In this case, some of the safety features of the NSC are the ability to gather knowledge and create lines of communication, and having more knowledgeable minds to raise an alert when something which appears very wrong is looming up.

With Trump, there are no problems. Only those annoying people who keep worrying about them. Everything is a perception anyway, so if you just create a new perception the old ones fade away like magic. The only thing you need to protect yourself from yourself is to change the perception of what's going on.

Here's the analogy: If Trump bought a Ferrari, the first thing he would do would be to remove the brakes. There wouldn't even be a brake pedal. All that extra weight just makes the car slower. Then he would remove the rear view mirrors, claiming 'We don't care about what's behind us!' There would be no air filter and no idiot lights or gauges. And no speedometer. And who needs seat belts or air bags? They just get in the way and what a hassle. Emergency brake? That just gets in the way of reaching over to grab the privates of your passenger.

How is he going to stop the thing?

He isn't. He doesn't want to, and he only does whatever he wants.

Naturally, this is all making a big assumption.

That Trump knows how to drive.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (02-11-2020)

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    The leaks seem heavily linked to trump's political appointees, and their infighting. Their infighting is getting worse.
    Leftists tend to do that. -- especially when they're being outed, the fucking cockroaches.

I love the flushing sound this swamp makes when it's being drained.
    Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

-- The Left

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Granule For This Post:

Earl (02-11-2020)

10. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump reminds me of the bull-headed type who gets a product, never reads the instructions (saying they are for sissies,) and proceeds to disable every single safety feature engineered into the product.

In this case, some of the safety features of the NSC are the ability to gather knowledge and create lines of communication, and having more knowledgeable minds to raise an alert when something which appears very wrong is looming up.

With Trump, there are no problems. Only those annoying people who keep worrying about them. Everything is a perception anyway, so if you just create a new perception the old ones fade away like magic. The only thing you need to protect yourself from yourself is to change the perception of what's going on.

Here's the analogy: If Trump bought a Ferrari, the first thing he would do would be to remove the brakes. There wouldn't even be a brake pedal. All that extra weight just makes the car slower. Then he would remove the rear view mirrors, claiming 'We don't care about what's behind us!' There would be no air filter and no idiot lights or gauges. And no speedometer. And who needs seat belts or air bags? They just get in the way and what a hassle. Emergency brake? That just gets in the way of reaching over to grab the privates of your passenger.

Horse mierda, Snowflake.

Your problem is that he won the presidency over Hillary.

Get over it.

We love President Trump.

Four more years.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Grokmaster (02-11-2020)

12. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

dukkha (02-12-2020), Grokmaster (02-11-2020)

14. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Horse mierda, Snowflake.

Your problem is that he won the presidency over Hillary.

Get over it.

We love President Trump.

Four more years.
    90% of Americans DIGGING HOW THINGS ARE GOING....
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

15. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
    It would be nice to see fewer leaks.
    Those creeps had more leaks than Hillary's Depends.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

dukkha (02-12-2020)

17. #25 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,603 Times in 17,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Damn, is that a shitload of psychobabble or what? Leave it to a liberal to put that much stupid in a small paragraph. This poster does it regularly.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

dukkha (02-12-2020), Stretch (02-12-2020)

19. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 17 Posts

Who needs diplomacy or more complete knowledge and contacts when you simply shoot from the hip and negotiate with threats?
    "Talk loudly and carry a small stick" defines Trump's foreign policy.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Casual Leftist For This Post:

PoliTalker (02-12-2020)

21. #27 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,603 Times in 17,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Those creeps had more leaks than Hillary's Depends.
    One can only imagine the difficulty of being president of the most powerful nation on earth. Then, the distraction from the tremendous hatred and unrelenting attempts at removing him from office from a partisan chamber of our own government, the bias of our news media and dealing with other world leaders has to be all but overwhelming. Yet despite these distractions, Trump has a long list of accomplishments.

These snitches, whistleblowers, narcs, squealers, traitors, whatever you want to call them must be weeded out and removed. No legitimate leader allows members of their administration to remain and undermine every beneficial political decision they make. It is not unusual for a new administration at federal, state and even local government to remove political rivals.
    One of the guys I shoot pool with has a son, a nice, well mannered kid who spent 4 yrs. in the Marines and landed a good government job at the capitol in Harrisburg after his discharge. He bought a piece of land, got married and built a new home. He had a little girl around the time Wolfe (a Dem) was elected governor. Although never disrespectful, he wasn't afraid to let his (conservative) political views be known. Shortly after Wolfe took office, the kid was told his position was being eliminated and he was fired. One of his coworkers who wasn't let go told him they replaced him about a month later with a liberal who didn't know anything about what he was doing.
    My point being, it's not unusual to get fired because of political views when working in government. Trump has every right to hire and fire at his own discretion.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

dukkha (02-12-2020), Stretch (02-12-2020)

23. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    Why did he wait so long? Should have been done on day one.
    I agree......we've been asked here several times if we would ever criticize anything Trump did.........I will......he should have done this in January, 2017.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

MAGA MAN (02-12-2020), Stretch (02-12-2020)