Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Freedom of Speech Thread.

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by freshsea View Post
    Have you ever watched the documentary "The Corporation." It is a little long winded. But they make some very good points. Such as that corporations are psychotic and sociopathic entities. (As well as some other bad things) That isn't something any sane person would want to be ruled by.

Next, only a sane person would want industry nationalized. Companies do what they do for profit. Governments do what they do, in theory, for the people they govern. I want all businesses be nationalized. Not like the communists. But like the Nazis! Not long before Hitler was elected, or maybe at the time that he was elected, Germans literally needed a wheelbarrow full of money to buy a loaf of bread with. Unemployment was also rampant. Hitler fixed all that. He turned Germany economic woes into the economic envy of the world! It's no wonder that slavery promoting capitalists and believers in our laughable "democracy" wanted him destroyed.
    The Nazis didn't nationalize all businesses. They were actually a lot more capitalist than the Right likes to admit.

Anyway, I agree that corporations should be regulated. It's why I want Social Democracy, not Capitalism. However, total nationalization would take away so much freedom, we would be even more of an Oligarchy than we are now. And it would also be terrible for the economy, as shown by every country that has tried this.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    How does that work? Marx essentially wanted a Dictatorship that, he believed, would eventually wither away along with the government itself. In order to get to Communism, you have to go through Dictatorship.
    I guess you could say all businesses should be nationalized without us giving up our Democracy. However, at that point, the government would have so much power, it would be almost impossible to not end up with some form of Authoritarianism.
    I prefer that then being ruled by Corporate Capitalist pirates that buy and sell our Representatives.
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Marxist Mason View Post
    I prefer that then being ruled by Corporate Capitalist pirates that buy and sell our Representatives.
    So instead of Capitalism or Marxism, why not have Social Democracy?

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So instead of Capitalism or Marxism, why not have Social Democracy?
    OK,I can live with that!I use the Marxist thing to fuck with Trumpsters!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by freshsea View Post
    How true. If only the government would pass a law saying that if people say things, they must be true things. But in the cause of evil and criminality, that will never happen. As for anything you might see on TV in the way of news, it is only those with money who have any voice. My avatar shows the only cure to any of that.
    Your Avatar reminds me of an image on a deck of Tarot Cards.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

OK,I can live with that!I use the Marxist thing to fuck with Trumpsters!
    Understandable, but keep in mind there are a lot of fence-sitters here. We shouldn't let them think the Left is full of Marxists like the dipshits on Fox always say.

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

When it comes to Freedom of Speech Mark Twain said best...”Why do those who know the least know it the loudest?”.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Understandable, but keep in mind there are a lot of fence-sitters here. We shouldn't let them think the Left is full of Marxists like the dipshits on Fox always say.
    I don't really think they "think"!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Thanks for admitting you're a Nazi!
    Thanks for admitting you're a commie.

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Tell that to the FCC,
    Tell that to any used car salesman who says the car used to be owned by a little old lady from Pasadena. Also, what happens if they get caught. A slap on the wrist if they're really unfortunate. Look at the EXXON Valdez oil spill. After 10 years of litigation, (lying) Exxon basically got off the hook for any damages.

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

You skipped what caused the Inflation was Reparations to the allies.
    Do you masterbate while reading Mein Kampf?

I prefer to talk with those with brains. If you had any, you would know that at various times, many countries suffered terrible inflation. Without any war reparations having been made. I remember that at least at one time, the mexican peso was worth about one U.S. penny. Though you are right that German reparations for a war that they just got sucked into like everybody else did cause much of their problems. But despite that, Hitler fixed it. By the way. I've never read Mein Kampf.

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

The Nazis didn't nationalize all businesses. They were actually a lot more capitalist than the Right likes to admit.

Anyway, I agree that corporations should be regulated. It's why I want Social Democracy, not Capitalism. However, total nationalization would take away so much freedom, we would be even more of an Oligarchy than we are now. And it would also be terrible for the economy, as shown by every country that has tried this.
    The Nazis nationalized what industry they thought needed to be nationalized. Next, corporations are regulated, in theory. And not enough anyway. And the job of republicans it seems is to do away with regulation. The filthy scum. Next, fuck democracy. It doesn't exist. So there is no reason to even bring up the word. Next, we don't live under an Oligarchy. We live under a plutocracy. Next, fuck the economy. Bees, ants and termites live in societies that have no real economy to speak of. Not that we should live like they do. But surely we can do better than bugs. Also, just because some other countries have failed doesn't mean that America would fail. At least a White America. You would do well to watch the Michael Moore documentary, "Where to invade." Not that I agree with absolutely everything in it. But it makes some VERY good points.

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Your Avatar reminds me of an image on a deck of Tarot Cards.
    I can tell you your future. Which isn't much of one. And I don't need tarrot cards to do it. But I may need a forum where I am allowed to do so. And I know of such a forum. But no doubt it would be against some rule around here for me to do so. I couldn't even do so in a PM.

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    When it comes to Freedom of Speech Mark Twain said best...”Why do those who know the least know it the loudest?”.
    I prefer another of his sayings. Which basically says, "It isn't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It is what you do know, but are just plain wrong about."

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

You know it doesn’t seem like it because much of popular media is fixated on squeezing that last nickel of profit and won’t risk offending anyone but we really are in a golden era of free speech due to the Internet.

The 70’s were a pretty good era for free speech too just because there were so many culture war movements going on that were geared towards offending the establishment. Then the left won an proved that they could be just as intolerant.

Don’t get me wrong...I’m glad the left won.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!