Thread: Biden pick shows lack of confidence

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 418 Posts

Default Biden pick shows lack of confidence

Analysis: Biden pick shows lack of confidence

By RON FOURNIER, Associated Press WriterSat Aug 23, 5:02 AM ET

The candidate of change went with the status quo.

In picking Sen. Joe Biden to be his running mate, Barack Obama sought to shore up his weakness — inexperience in office and on foreign policy — rather than underscore his strength as a new-generation candidate defying political conventions.

He picked a 35-year veteran of the Senate — the ultimate insider — rather than a candidate from outside Washington, such as Govs. Tim Kaine of Virginia or Kathleen Sebelius of Kansas; or from outside his party, such as Sen. Chuck Hagel of Nebraska; or from outside the mostly white male club of vice presidential candidates. Hillary Rodham Clinton didn't even make his short list.

The picks say something profound about Obama: For all his self-confidence, the 47-year-old Illinois senator worried that he couldn't beat Republican John McCain without help from a seasoned politician willing to attack. The Biden selection is the next logistical step in an Obama campaign that has become more negative — a strategic decision that may be necessary but threatens to run counter to his image.

So the question is whether Biden's depth counters Obama's inexperience — or highlights it?

After all, Biden is anything but a change agent, having been in office longer than half of all Americans have been alive. Longer than McCain.

And he talks too much.

On the same day he announced his second bid for the presidency, Biden found himself explaining why he had described Obama as "clean."

And there's the 2007 ABC interview in which Biden said he would stand by an earlier statement that Obama was not ready to serve as president.

It seems Obama is worried that some voters are starting to agree.

http://tinyurl.com/4xb6z7

LOL

The AP is doing a hit job on the Obama/Biden ticket.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Obama is scared shitless!

What ever happened to "change"?

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

I heard him announce Biden as the Next President... Vice President of the United States.

A bit of a Freudian slip maybe?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Biden is such a slimy insider shitskank.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I can see it now....

Obama Campaign Manager's Assistant: "Well, we're dropping in the polls. What are we missing here?"

Flunky #2: "We've got the most exciting candidate in a Century or more, we should be kicking as# and taking names!"

Obama Campaign Manager's Assistant: "That's it! What this campaign needs is a healthy dose of boring! Who was that guy that said our candidate was "clean""?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by webbway View Post

LOL

The AP is doing a hit job on the Obama/Biden ticket.

I agree that the AP is doing a hit job on this ticket. It's no wonder that Fournier turned down a job with the McCain campaign. He can do more for McCain at the AP.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

This board has become a complete, unmitigated idiot festival.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    This board has become a complete, unmitigated idiot festival.
    Well, now that you joined I would agree.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Well, now that you joined I would agree.
    That's not even remotely funny. What's up with you lately? All you do is encourage the trolls.

Your board is tanking. It's only a matter of time now before it goes the way of FP.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's not even remotely funny. What's up with you lately? All you do is encourage the trolls.

Your board is tanking. It's only a matter of time now before it goes the way of FP.
    Please. You come on here and insult us all and don't expect an answer back? When did your skin become the thinnest in history?

Why are you so fricking weak lately? Every post to me is how I am hurting your feelings!
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Please. You come on here and insult us all and don't expect an answer back? When did your skin become the thinnest in history?

Why are you so fricking weak lately? Every post to me is how I am hurting your feelings!

Where did I say that I didn't expect an answer back, or that you're hurting my feelings?

You're completely retarded. That's all I was saying; that your answer was stupid, and not even remotely funny. It was pre-adolescent. I'm not sure why, but I expected something a little smarter from you.

No worries on that. I don't have those kind of expectations from you anymore.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Fuck you niggers" July 11, 2009 Tinfoil explaining how conservatives are unfairly labeled as racists.

"You deserve to be beheaded and for your head to placed on a pike, in the middle of the park, where children can see what happens to those that act the way you do." August 5, 2009 USFreedom911's response to a left leaning opinion.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries

Personally, I'm happy with the pick. Obama needs someone with a little more fire to balance him out.
    "Fuck you niggers" July 11, 2009 Tinfoil explaining how conservatives are unfairly labeled as racists.

"You deserve to be beheaded and for your head to placed on a pike, in the middle of the park, where children can see what happens to those that act the way you do." August 5, 2009 USFreedom911's response to a left leaning opinion.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Where did I say that I didn't expect an answer back, or that you're hurting my feelings?

You're completely retarded. That's all I was saying; that your answer was stupid, and not even remotely funny. It was pre-adolescent. I'm not sure why, but I expected something a little smarter from you.

No worries on that. I don't have those kind of expectations from you anymore.
    Again. Your post that I answered, I answered it in the same manner you posted. If you think it juvenile a bit of introspection may be necessary.

Enter Onceler, "You are all stupid!"

Damocles (rolling eyes), "Yeah, so are you!"

Onceler (tears barely held back), "How juvenile! How could you call me that?!!111shiftplusone!! You like the trolls more than you like me!!"
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle