Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 162

Thread: It's Really Bad Now.

  1. #91 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,109
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 859 Times in 664 Posts
    Groans
    10
    Groaned 61 Times in 59 Posts

    Default

    it will take a war to overthrow our economic system at the level Bernie is seeking

    individuals have rights - and they aren't removed at the ballot box

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to zymurgy For This Post:

    Truth Detector (02-04-2020)

  3. #92 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    10,708
    Thanks
    2,105
    Thanked 2,771 Times in 2,412 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 123 Times in 119 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    ^Sounds just like Communism. The Fascists in the Democratic Party of the Jackass hate elections they don't win.
    There is actually a difference between fascism and communism, though they are both socialism.

    Fascism is an economic system where the government operates your business, though you still own the business. Examples are: telling a business owner who he can sell to, who he can buy from, what product is is going to sell, how much he is going to sell if for, etc.
    Communism is an economic system where the government just outright takes the business. The government now owns it outright.

    In other words, in fascism, you go through the hard part of starting the business and getting a product to sell to market, then the government comes in and takes over the operation of it. In communism, the government won't let you even start a business. They own everything.

    Fascism is on the road to communism. Both are theft of wealth. They can only be implemented by dictatorships and oligarchies.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

    Woko Haram (02-04-2020)

  5. #93 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ventura CA
    Posts
    81,110
    Thanks
    96,455
    Thanked 18,170 Times in 15,241 Posts
    Groans
    3,768
    Groaned 2,899 Times in 2,641 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    There is actually a difference between fascism and communism, though they are both socialism.

    Fascism is an economic system where the government operates your business, though you still own the business. Examples are: telling a business owner who he can sell to, who he can buy from, what product is is going to sell, how much he is going to sell if for, etc.
    Communism is an economic system where the government just outright takes the business. The government now owns it outright.

    In other words, in fascism, you go through the hard part of starting the business and getting a product to sell to market, then the government comes in and takes over the operation of it. In communism, the government won't let you even start a business. They own everything.

    Fascism is on the road to communism. Both are theft of wealth. They can only be implemented by dictatorships and oligarchies.
    In other words, there is very little difference between them.
    Page 173 V I: Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities.

    Eric Holder: ďIím still enjoying what Iím doing, thereís still work to be done,Ē Iím still the Presidentís wing-man, so Iím there with my boy.Ē



  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

    Woko Haram (02-04-2020)

  7. #94 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    15,197
    Thanks
    452
    Thanked 2,647 Times in 2,147 Posts
    Groans
    85
    Groaned 1,017 Times in 927 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woko Haram View Post
    One channel vs. a mostly liberal media.
    The point is that when conservative media did things like this, Obama supporters controlled themselves. They didn't explode in a frothing anger like Trump supporters do. That's the real TDS.

  8. #95 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    15,197
    Thanks
    452
    Thanked 2,647 Times in 2,147 Posts
    Groans
    85
    Groaned 1,017 Times in 927 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woko Haram View Post
    We've been expanding the power of the executive since long before Trump. I'm not saying I like this, but Trump getting re-elected will not change the trend in either direction.
    We've never had a president try to cheat in an election and then have his lawyer use the argument that the president should be allowed to do whatever they want to get reelected.
    In the past, the government often overstepped its boundaries, but it was done in moderation so as not to cause a rebellion. If Trump is reelected, the president will be able to openly do whatever they want because we have now accepted this as the new norm.

  9. #96 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    28,612
    Thanks
    49,809
    Thanked 20,262 Times in 12,723 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2,089 Times in 1,958 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woko Haram View Post
    If you want to talk about redefining words to manipulate narratives, look at how racism is now defined by the left as "power + privilege" in order to further the ridiculous idea that minorities can't be racist or that you can't be racist against white people.
    Institutional racism by its very nature (as is true of all forms of bigotry) has inherent in its definition the concept that it has no "bite" unless the racist person has some sort of power over the targeted group. Even if that power is merely the power of numbers, it is still racism. For instance, even racists who aren't in a position to sell or rent a residence, or to hire a new employee, would still be racists if they support the ability of others to discriminate against the targeted group. In this way, a woman who is against other women striving for better positions in their careers by competing against males -- even to the point of believing that other women shouldn't even have careers outside the home -- would rightfully be considered sexist.

    So yep -- a black person who hates white people who urges his family/friends/coworkers to hate them too -- is a racist. I'm not sure where you get the idea from that minorities can't be bigots too.
    ďKAG: Keep America GrievingĒ

  10. #97 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    1,568
    Thanks
    619
    Thanked 502 Times in 389 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    The point is that when conservative media did things like this, Obama supporters controlled themselves. They didn't explode in a frothing anger like Trump supporters do. That's the real TDS.
    Yes, they just instead claimed even legitimate criticisms were "racism" and either censored many individuals or effectively ostracized them. Granted, they weren't as bad about it as SJWs have now become with anything related to their preferred narratives.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Woko Haram For This Post:

    Truth Detector (02-04-2020)

  12. #98 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    1,568
    Thanks
    619
    Thanked 502 Times in 389 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    We've never had a president try to cheat in an election and then have his lawyer use the argument that the president should be allowed to do whatever they want to get reelected.
    In the past, the government often overstepped its boundaries, but it was done in moderation so as not to cause a rebellion. If Trump is reelected, the president will be able to openly do whatever they want because we have now accepted this as the new norm.
    When considering that Democrats continually try to obstruct the administration with constant investigations and that the courts are pretty active in blocking many administration policies, I'm not sure where you get this impression.

    Regardless of whether Trump is actually breaking any laws or not, the opposition has been pretty constant against him. I really don't see him being able to do much in terms of overreach.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woko Haram For This Post:

    Into the Night (02-04-2020), Truth Detector (02-04-2020)

  14. #99 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    1,568
    Thanks
    619
    Thanked 502 Times in 389 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Institutional racism by its very nature (as is true of all forms of bigotry) has inherent in its definition the concept that it has no "bite" unless the racist person has some sort of power over the targeted group. Even if that power is merely the power of numbers, it is still racism. For instance, even racists who aren't in a position to sell or rent a residence, or to hire a new employee, would still be racists if they support the ability of others to discriminate against the targeted group. In this way, a woman who is against other women striving for better positions in their careers by competing against males -- even to the point of believing that other women shouldn't even have careers outside the home -- would rightfully be considered sexist.

    So yep -- a black person who hates white people who urges his family/friends/coworkers to hate them too -- is a racist. I'm not sure where you get the idea from that minorities can't be bigots too.
    I'm glad we agree on this then, because there are many on the left that would disagree with you. I'm surprised you haven't encountered this narrative before. I see it all the time.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Woko Haram For This Post:

    Truth Detector (02-04-2020)

  16. #100 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    15,197
    Thanks
    452
    Thanked 2,647 Times in 2,147 Posts
    Groans
    85
    Groaned 1,017 Times in 927 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woko Haram View Post
    Yes, they just instead claimed even legitimate criticisms were "racism" and either censored many individuals or effectively ostracized them. Granted, they weren't as bad about it as SJWs have now become with anything related to their preferred narratives.
    There were a few people like that, but they were a minority among Obama supporters. Many of them even criticized Obama for failing to follow through on his promises. That's something Trumpcucks don't have the balls to do.

  17. #101 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    1,568
    Thanks
    619
    Thanked 502 Times in 389 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    There were a few people like that, but they were a minority among Obama supporters. Many of them even criticized Obama for failing to follow through on his promises. That's something Trumpcucks don't have the balls to do.
    In recent years, we've seen Obama receive more criticism from the left, although the criticisms sometimes just seem to be a matter of leftists thinking he wasn't far enough left.

    It's a pretty clear indication that a large portion of the Democratic party has gone extremist.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woko Haram For This Post:

    Into the Night (02-04-2020), Truth Detector (02-04-2020)

  19. #102 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    15,197
    Thanks
    452
    Thanked 2,647 Times in 2,147 Posts
    Groans
    85
    Groaned 1,017 Times in 927 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woko Haram View Post
    When considering that Democrats continually try to obstruct the administration with constant investigations and that the courts are pretty active in blocking many administration policies, I'm not sure where you get this impression.

    Regardless of whether Trump is actually breaking any laws or not, the opposition has been pretty constant against him. I really don't see him being able to do much in terms of overreach.
    People criticize the media for constant negative coverage of Trump. But the thing is, Trump actually does do terrible things constantly. So it's not that the media is biased against him, it's that he is that bad. And it's the same thing with the Democrats' investigations of Trump. None of the investigations have been illegitimate, they've been needed.

    His lawyer made the argument that the president can do whatever he wants if he feels it's in the public interest. In other words, the president can be a dictator. And as fucking crazy as it is to have a president like this in America, this president is being acquitted after getting caught trying to cheat in an election. So the president can be a dictator and one of the two main political parties agrees.
    The opposition can do whatever they can, they can impeach him next time he does something like this, but it won't matter because the RNC has gone full Fascist.

  20. #103 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    1,568
    Thanks
    619
    Thanked 502 Times in 389 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    People criticize the media for constant negative coverage of Trump. But the thing is, Trump actually does do terrible things constantly. So it's not that the media is biased against him, it's that he is that bad. And it's the same thing with the Democrats' investigations of Trump. None of the investigations have been illegitimate, they've been needed.

    His lawyer made the argument that the president can do whatever he wants if he feels it's in the public interest. In other words, the president can be a dictator. And as fucking crazy as it is to have a president like this in America, this president is being acquitted after getting caught trying to cheat in an election. So the president can be a dictator and one of the two main political parties agrees.
    The opposition can do whatever they can, they can impeach him next time he does something like this, but it won't matter because the RNC has gone full Fascist.
    If you believe that all of the investigations have been legitimate, then we fundamentally disagree on what constitutes legitimacy. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Woko Haram For This Post:

    Truth Detector (02-04-2020)

  22. #104 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    15,197
    Thanks
    452
    Thanked 2,647 Times in 2,147 Posts
    Groans
    85
    Groaned 1,017 Times in 927 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woko Haram View Post
    In recent years, we've seen Obama receive more criticism from the left, although the criticisms sometimes just seem to be a matter of leftists thinking he wasn't far enough left.

    It's a pretty clear indication that a large portion of the Democratic party has gone extremist.
    Is it extremist to say we should stop using taxes to bomb countries for Israel and start using taxes to fund universal healthcare?

  23. #105 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    1,568
    Thanks
    619
    Thanked 502 Times in 389 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Is it extremist to say we should stop using taxes to bomb countries for Israel and start using taxes to fund universal healthcare?
    I wouldn't say that is extremist, but when it comes to many social policies on the left, there are definitely some extremist ones being pushed. There are some economic ones that are extreme as well.

    Abolishing ICE and detainment is extreme and would be pretty stupid. Taxing the heck out of the rich would be pointless, since they have numerous ways to hide money or offshore it. Also, the nominal tax rate for the rich is easy to deduct down to the AMT for the top 1%.

    Treating all semiautomatic weapons as "assault weapons" is also extreme (as shown by Virginia).

    And we've already discussed some of the trans insanity that is being forwarded by the left.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woko Haram For This Post:

    Into the Night (02-04-2020), Truth Detector (02-04-2020)

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •