Thread: If the goal was to make Trump politically stronger

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Ah, come on Mott, you know the guy is guilty of all kinds of crimes.
    we know the demmycrats have embarrassed themselves for three years trying to pretend he has.......when it came down to articles of impeachment they couldn't even name one.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Bullshit.
    I have to agree.....you didn't even have substantial partisan grounds.....just sort of weak-ass ones that everyone laughed at.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

FastLane (02-01-2020)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Bullshit.
    No it’s not. It would be an extremely dangerous precedent to set. Congress could use it to destroy the checks and balance between Congress and the Executive. That can have serious unintended consequences.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

FastLane (02-01-2020)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Mencken said many extraordinarily perceptive things about human nature.

Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.

There is always a well-known solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong.

Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.

The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.
    You should read his reports from the Scopes Monkey trial. They are classics that represent Journalism at its finest. What a krumudgeon.

https://famous-trials.com/scopesmonk...menckenaccount
    Last edited by Mott the Hoople; 02-01-2020 at 04:01 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (02-01-2020)

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    You have no idea how much joy it gives me knowing that the democrat party will ignore you
    We shall see. I know they have with my efforts to get them to reach out to rural/small town voters. Their arrogance and dismissiveness on that issue disgusts me to no end.

Meh, both parties have their ugly facets.

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Ah, come on Mott, you know the guy is guilty of all kinds of crimes. The Republicans have failed at keeping him in line. His Presidency is a disaster
    Winning an election....is not a crime.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

FastLane (02-01-2020)

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Trumps base has not changed. He's added no new MAGATS so I guess his current diehard MAGATS are now taking vitamin supplements or something.
    Your word choice is interesting....and telling.

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    You’re correct but don’t forget that the same was true if the Clinton impeachment where the political blowback ended up with Clinton ending his presidency with historically high approval ratings for a President ending his second term. So the right isn’t exactly any brighter.

So I guess it goes back to H.L. Menken’s quote that no one ever went broke or lost public office by underestimating the intelligence of the American public. I can think of no politician that exemplifies that principle than Trunp.

Still the point remains that impeaching a sitting President on purely partisan grounds is not only stupid but is dangerous and undermines our democratic institutions.
    i forget that every now and then you can be rational

---

Grind is basically right
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

14. The Following User Groans At BRUTALITOPS For This Awful Post:

Phantasmal (02-03-2020)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

canceled.2021.2 (02-01-2020)

16. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I haven't even paid attention to impeachment at all, like not even a little bit. This is one of the least consequential things to happen in the last century I think. I've laid farts that had more genuine effect on geopolitics than these impeachment hearings.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

17. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

People saying that there can be no political involvement in impeachment are literally retarded. This is politics. Impeachment by its very nature cannot not be political. If you demand that every impeachment that is political be invalidated you are literally saying that impeachment should be impossible. It is never going to happen no matter what the President does that impeachment won't be political. Trump could literally rape a woman in broad daylight on camera and Trumpsters would find a way to defend him. Plus there is zero reciprocity, failing to impeach purely on political grounds, that is totally OK apparently. Only impeaching on political grounds is a sin. God you weak liberal fuckers make me sick. It should have been political from the beginning. I am tired of all this song and dance where people do political things and pretend someone they're not political. We are political beings. Everything is political. When you breathe, it is political.

18. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

We shall see. I know they have with my efforts to get them to reach out to rural/small town voters. Their arrogance and dismissiveness on that issue disgusts me to no end.

Meh, both parties have their ugly facets.
    How arrogant and dismissive of urban interests are rural and small town folks? For some reason that only goes one way, they are allowed to mock and deride us constantly, but we must treat these old white farts with the utmost respect. Fuck them. Fuck the heartland. Fuck rural America into the ground with a giant donkey dick. We will drag them into the 21st century kicking and screaming, whether they like it or not, is utterly irrelevant.

19. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DEATH TO AMERICA View Post
    I haven't even paid attention to impeachment at all, like not even a little bit. This is one of the least consequential things to happen in the last century I think. I've laid farts that had more genuine effect on geopolitics than these impeachment hearings.
    i haven't watched it either, because it's obviously fake news and I already know all the facts and the outcome.

Most americans are bored to shit by it. Which proves by the way how bullshit the whole thing is. If there were actual crimes and high stakes going on, it would be the trial of the century. It would be non stop interesting. But everyone knows it's bullshit and just theater. So why bother. Democrats have completely devalued the entire institution of impeachment.

---

Grind is basically right

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

FastLane (02-01-2020)

21. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DEATH TO AMERICA View Post
    People saying that there can be no political involvement in impeachment are literally retarded. This is politics. Impeachment by its very nature cannot not be political. If you demand that every impeachment that is political be invalidated you are literally saying that impeachment should be impossible. It is never going to happen no matter what the President does that impeachment won't be political. Trump could literally rape a woman in broad daylight on camera and Trumpsters would find a way to defend him. Plus there is zero reciprocity, failing to impeach purely on political grounds, that is totally OK apparently. Only impeaching on political grounds is a sin. God you weak liberal fuckers make me sick. It should have been political from the beginning. I am tired of all this song and dance where people do political things and pretend someone they're not political. We are political beings. Everything is political. When you breathe, it is political.
    i disagree. Nixon would have actually been impeached if he didn't resign. The point is, it can't be partisan, it needs to be overwhelming, obvious, and beyond party politics, with OBVIOUS ACTUAL crimes.

---

Grind is basically right

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

dukkha (02-03-2020), Mott the Hoople (02-01-2020)

23. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I can’t say that at all. Granted he’s an unpopular President and a nincompoop on foreign policy and his populist rhetoric is disgusting and an embarrassment to our nation but has he risen to the level of ineptitude of W?

No he hasn’t. At least not yet. The simple truth is Democrat’s, on a partisan basis, took a fight to the Senate they couldn’t win. That was not only stupid, politically, but benefits Trump in that it corroborates his witch-hunt narrative.

It also puts the onus on Democrats for propagating the snake pit partisan divide that again feeds into Trumps drain the swamp narrative. Even if you hate Trump passionately but try to look at this objectively you can only conclude Dems screwed the pooch on this one because they lost.

It also sets a terrible precedent that harkens back to our Civil War. Then the Southern States, who though a minority of the population had dominated our National Government, since its beginning, through its domination of the Democratic Party and were a major impediment to Northern and National industrialization, decided that because they lost an election and control of the government were going to destroy the nation by seceding. Well we all know how that worked out.

So attempting to remove this pond scum from office because Dems legally lost an election, though won the popular vote, due to the astounding stupidity of its candidate blowing off the most politically important region of the nation. Now they want to undermine the executive branch because they lost an election through their own stupidity?

No! Just like the Civil War, trying to undermine a President or the Government because a political party lost an election, via impeachment, would be an incredible dangerous precedent fraught with far more danger and unintended consequences than tolerating this human shit stain for another year. And now they’ve enhanced his probability of winning a second term. It’s just stupid beyond belief.
    Fuck this country. If it undermines the President, fucking good. Fuck the executive. Fuck America. I hate this country. I hate every American. I want this country to burn to the fucking ground.