Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Witnesses are second choice for the Democrats...

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    The admin admits they held it. Trump sat on the aid. that is called a "fact" . That is a new concept for rightys. Trump held it for over a month during a hot war. It has a dead end date. If it was held too long, it would have been returned to the House for a new date or a new vote. Trump held it for 55 days.
    And what lethal weapons did Obama give Ukraine? How many democrats voted against the aid

#INNOCENT

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,245 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Who didn't the House pursue?

House Democrats did ask Bolton to testify, and he declined. He did not show up for his deposition. Given McGhan's subpoena is already over nine months in the Courts subpoenaing Bolton would have been fruitless, and certainly wouldn't have addressed the real possibility that Trump was soliciting foreign aid in the upcoming election

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    And what lethal weapons did Obama give Ukraine? How many democrats voted against the aid

#INNOCENT
    The Obama "whataboutism" is irrelevant, what in the hell does Obama have to do with Trump asking a foreign nation to investigate a political rival?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-28-2020)

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Mitch isn’t Pelosi and the Senate isn’t the House lol.

Witnesses/no witnesses and/or witness deals will be decided by a vote in the Senate. Democrats got Romney to bite on yesterday’s NYT Bolton teaser, for example.

The more sophisticated Republicans probably suspect the NYT is playing games in trying to trick the Senate into voting yay on a Bolton appearance. The timing of the leak, and all that.

But again, Democrats know they won’t get Bolton without putting Hunter on the table. So here we are.
    I just told you there would be no witnesses, Mitch isn't going to alter the script that Trump wrote for him

Again, Trump doesn't want Biden on the stand, why would he waste making it all about Biden now with a guarantee verdict when you can milk the unproven innuendos all the way to the election. The only way Biden was to appear is if Trump gets desperate and can't control the narrative

And Mitch is doing exactly as Pelosi probably hoped Mitch would do, revealing what a sham the "trial" actually is, as I noted, she was never out to win over the Trump lackeys in the Senate, but rather the American public, and with further revelations everyday, denying witnesses, Mitch's cover up becomes more apparent and Trump's guilt more suspected

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post

House Democrats did ask Bolton to testify, and he declined. He did not show up for his deposition. Given McGhan's subpoena is already over nine months in the Courts subpoenaing Bolton would have been fruitless, and certainly wouldn't have addressed the real possibility that Trump was soliciting foreign aid in the upcoming election
    So they sent half-assed articles out of necessity lol?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

You know that the House could request that their case be fast tracked to the supreme court like it was done for when president nixon when he refused to turn over tapes?

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

Time wasnt an issue for the Supreme court to hear cases. The house could have made a request for an emergency response.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Blumenthal just admitted democrats presented no evidence

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I just told you there would be no witnesses, Mitch isn't going to alter the script that Trump wrote for him

Again, Trump doesn't want Biden on the stand, why would he waste making it all about Biden now with a guarantee verdict when you can milk the unproven innuendos all the way to the election. The only way Biden was to appear is if Trump gets desperate and can't control the narrative

And Mitch is doing exactly as Pelosi probably hoped Mitch would do, revealing what a sham the "trial" actually is, as I noted, she was never out to win over the Trump lackeys in the Senate, but rather the American public, and with further revelations everyday, denying witnesses, Mitch's cover up becomes more apparent and Trump's guilt more suspected
    Trump doesn’t have any control over witnesses.

It’s up to the Senate and Democrats have enough votes for witnesses. Now the game begins: how bad do they want Bolton? Bad enough put Hunter Biden on the stand? The ‘irrelevant’ argument isn’t going to stand up in the Senate.

Keep in mind Democrats [contrary to the narrative] only have a degree of confidence in what Bolton will *actually say*.

Also, if Republicans have any sense, they will force Democrats to give up the farm to get to Bolton. Put Eric Ciaramella on the stand to see if he and Shifty had any ‘pre-leak communications’. And also whether he was in contact with Joe Biden at any time prior to his leak.

Don’t be surprised if there’s no witnesses after all.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,193 Times in 33,875 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump doesn’t have any control over witnesses.

It’s up to the Senate and Democrats have enough votes for witnesses. Now the game begins: how bad do they want Bolton? Bad enough put Hunter Biden on the stand? The ‘irrelevant’ argument isn’t going to stand up in the Senate.

Keep in mind Democrats [contrary to the narrative] only have a degree of confidence in what Bolton will *actually say*.

Also, if Republicans have any sense, they will force Democrats to give up the farm to get to Bolton. Put Eric Ciaramella on the stand to see if he and Shifty had any ‘pre-leak communications’. And also whether he was in contact with Joe Biden at any time prior to his leak.

Don’t be surprised if there’s no witnesses after all.
    Ohhhhh, if wishes were fishes you’d starve. MCConnell doesn’t have the vote to block witnesses. Sorry, Darth.

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Jarod claims both possibilities so he can come back later and say he predicted it........its what he does.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Ohhhhh, if wishes were fishes you’d starve. MCConnell doesn’t have the vote to block witnesses. Sorry, Darth.
    I believe I just said as much lol?

15. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,904 Times in 21,666 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,696 Times in 5,198 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Jarod claims both possibilities so he can come back later and say he predicted it........its what he does.....
    Not me, it was Nancy Pelosi who set them up with this problem. They lose no matter what they choose.

Personally I want tuns of witnesses, all of em. But I think the Democrats who want control are hoping the Republicans block all witnesses and vote not to remove Trump, so they can bitch about it for the next 10 months.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

16. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

no matter what happens you'll bitch about it for the next ten months.......and the next four years as well.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”