1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    You just called the most partisan impeachment in history ‘not political’ lol. And Democrats the guardians of the republic.
    You've called the impeachment partisan but that view is only shared by Trump fans.

And Democrats the guardians of the republic.
    Democrats, like it or not, have been thrust into that role. Fortunately they are rising to the calling with both grace and honor.

Honest question—how old are you?
    I was much older once, but I am younger than that now.

Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

You've called the impeachment partisan but that view is only shared by Trump fans.

Democrats, like it or not, have been thrust into that role. Fortunately they are rising to the calling with both grace and honor.

I was much older once, but I am younger than that now.

I liked them too.

However old you are, you need to learn to be more cynical about politicians.

And btw, it’s simply a fact Pelosi presided over the most partisan impeachment in history.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Truth Detector (01-30-2020)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

I liked them too.
    Glad you liked that selection.

However old you are, you need to learn to be more cynical about politicians.
    Tis better to be knowledgeable about them.

And btw, it’s simply a fact Pelosi presided over the most partisan impeachment in history.
    Only in the Trump bubble is that a 'fact,' which accurately makes that an 'alternative fact' (in an alternate universe.)

And the proof of that is if Hillary were President and all the other real facts of this impeachment were the same, you'd be wanting witnesses, wanting to learn the real truth as verified by first hand witnesses. And you would never for a moment accept a trial without witnesses, and instead be calling it a sham.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Polly Want a Cracka View Post
    Hello Darth,

Only in the Trump bubble is that a 'fact,' which accurately makes that an 'alternative fact' (in an alternate universe.)

And the proof of that is if Hillary were President and all the other real facts of this impeachment were the same, you'd be wanting witnesses, wanting to learn the real truth as verified by first hand witnesses. And you would never for a moment accept a trial without witnesses, and instead be calling it a sham.
    You're right, the Impeachment was in fact, bi-partisan. AGAINST IMPEACHMENT. Again, no wonder you are a coward and won't debate anyone unless they kiss your arse. You are immune to facts.
    Every life matters

6. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Hello Darth,

No, there has never been a more partisan impeachment than this lol.

Learn to contend with facts you don’t like—it will make you a better debater. Pelosi *lost* three Democrats and got zero republican votes when they passed the articles. We’ve all seen the Pelosi quote where she said, herself, that impeachment is supposed to have bipartisan support.

And she was right—for reasons that should be obvious. But she initiated the most partisan impeachment process, in history, and sent the thinnest articles to the Senate, in history. It’s simply a fact.

The ‘principle’ the Senate should stand on is this: don’t allow more witnesses. Don’t allow ANY political party to basically extend an impeachment inquiry into the Senate—because they voted prematurely to impeach ANY president prior to finishing the investigation.

And it should be done to protect the presidency and to ensure this is the first AND last ‘historic’ impeachment
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

9. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Exactly what is the number for Repuke deplorable scum to "believe" polls?

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

No, there has never been a more partisan impeachment than this lol.

Learn to contend with facts you don’t like—it will make you a better debater. Pelosi *lost* three Democrats and got zero republican votes when they passed the articles. We’ve all seen the Pelosi quote where she said, herself, that impeachment is supposed to have bipartisan support.

And she was right—for reasons that should be obvious. But she initiated the most partisan impeachment process, in history, and sent the thinnest articles to the Senate, in history. It’s simply a fact.

The ‘principle’ the Senate should stand on is this: don’t allow more witnesses. Don’t allow ANY political party to basically extend an impeachment inquiry into the Senate—because they voted prematurely to impeach ANY president prior to finishing the investigation.

And it should be done to protect the presidency and to ensure this is the first AND last ‘historic’ impeachment
    Yeah, pretty much exactly wrong on all counts.

Reminds me of something once said, and it never rang as true.

It's not that our Republican friends don't know anything. It's that so much of what they 'know' simply isn't true.

11. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Oh, look.

The Rasmussen Poll, the most Trump-favorable one, has reversed.

It briefly showed approval one point higher than disapproval (part of the RCP average which inspired this thread,) but it has now reverted, and the approval has begun to drop as the impeachment trial continues.

Rasmussen

I wonder what that will do to the next RCP average, when it takes this new polling into account?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Jarod (01-28-2020)

13. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,904 Times in 21,666 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,696 Times in 5,198 Posts
    Blog Entries

THey love polls when they can find one they can cherry pick, then they immideatly go back to hating them.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

14. The Following User Groans At Jarod For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-28-2020)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-28-2020)

16. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jarod,

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    THey love polls when they can find one they can cherry pick, then they immideatly go back to hating them.
    Another great irony of Trump's 'great America.'

17. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-28-2020)

18. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,686 Times in 17,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oval-6179.html

it's been climbing up steady since start of impeachment
    Correct.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

20. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,686 Times in 17,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Crooked Hillary,up by 12 points, no path to the presidency for Trump.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

22. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

But will the radical lefties turn out for the moderate and vis a versa?

Trump is going to have zero problem with turn out.
    You lose some of the activists and gain some moderates.

It is not always lefties but anti-establishment types. A lot of voters in 2016 listed Sanders and Trump as their top two choices--these seem like odd alternatives but they represented "outsiders. Issues and pocketbook issues are less important today than in the past and have been replaced by values, who they dislike (media, 1%)...........

23. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Correct.
    Same thing happened during Clinton's impeachment--his approval ratings went up. He was about the only president whose approval ratings at the end were about the same as the beginning. One "rule" about approval ratings is that they decline during a president's term.

One comedian said Clinton's ratings increased during impeachment because he established the fact (accepted by many young people today) that oral sex does not mean he had sex.

24. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Flash,

That is the impression. The core of the matter which generates the impression is the basic issue of right and wrong. No one is above the law.
    Agreed. So you supported Clinton's impeachment?

Neal Young just became an American citizen. I wondered if it was to vote in 2020.