Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "Trump's troubles won't end with a Senate acquittal"

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Wait a minute, you are saying that a sitting President covertly asking a foreign entity to investigate an American citizen who happen to be a political rival is acceptable?

So if tomorrow, Trump calls up the Saudi, Turkey, the Philippines, or even little Rocket Man and asked them to investigate a political rival it is all copacetic?

Interesting, especially considering the Founding Fathers warned about that very thing
    He didn’t covertly ask for it—there were several other listeners to the call and not all of them saw a problem with it.

And yeah, it would out of line to ask Little Rocket Man for an investigation of Warren because Warren has absolutely nothing to do with NK.

The Bidens had A LOT to do with Ukraine.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (01-27-2020)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,669 Times in 17,927 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not the Democrats fault those Republicans can't handle the truth, no one can deny Mitch is conducting a show trial, they know it, they just hated be reminded that they are ignoring the truth, it is a cover up
    Unforced errors.

Now, the Democrats have managed to lose two...maybe more, sympathetic Republicans.

What are they covering up? Witnesses are yet to be determined.

Not good.

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello archives,

"The Senate impeachment trial of Donald Trump will be resolved in the next week or so; the president will claim vindication and that it's all over. He's only half right."

"He will be officially acquitted on a largely partisan vote, but the issue and investigations of Trump’s misconduct won't be over. There will be more House inquiries into new revelations on the Trump-Ukraine scandal, perhaps even the Mueller special counsel probe, the president's potential financial conflicts of interest — and likely new lawsuits."

"What the Senate does — or doesn't do — in the days ahead will shape these events. If the Republicans are seen just trying to protect Trump, it won't change the outcome but will ease the case for more wide-ranging subsequent investigations.

"Republicans will counter with two arguments: that their opponents are ignoring the issues voters really care about while hounding the president, and that this is unprecedented harassment in an election year. Both are bogus."

"The House passed an ambitious legislative agenda last year on major domestic initiatives; almost all are being stiffed by Senate Republicans and the Trump White House. As for the unseemliness of investigating a presidential candidate in an election year, in 2016 the House Republicans conducted countless, politically-fueled inquests into Hillary Clinton"

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...nate-acquittal

Trump will always be only the third President ever to be impeached, and everyone knows "the Trump scandals will be an unfolding saga, " largely due to Trump himself

If reelected, and the Democrats maintain the House, the drama will only intensify. Trump never learns from his mistakes, his ego it too big, so it is inevitable the emoluments concerns, his taxes, the lawsuits, further Ukraine revelations, and just Trump being Trump will guarantee continuation, he just can't help himself
    I certainly hope so!

I have read so much about Trump it seems we have only scratched the surface of his wrongdoings.

Cohen always said when they finally get Trump it will be on dirty money dealings. Fraud, tax evasion, money laundering, etc...

Does anybody doubt he has a lot of skeletons in that closet?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Does it ever occur to Democrats [or you] that going for Trump’s jugular every third week is alienating non-Democrats and/or voters who don’t despise him?
    As if everything has to do only with image.

You know what image is?

Image is a representation.

Reality is the substance.

That's what's important.

Sometimes you have to ignore image and do the right thing. If there is wrongdoing, there must be justice. The House is the only body which can impeach, so it all falls on them. America counts on them. Most Americans are not Trump fans. The House is properly doing their job, and they need to stay on it.

Trump needs to be aggressively pursued because there is so much evidence of wrong doing in his past and his present. He is charged with fraud in a court of New York State. (just a random example - a list would be far too much to put into one post..)
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

The only "troubles" trump has is pesky little fleas nipping at his heels.

And that is about to end, very quickly
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Crossfire Hurricane is under criminal investigation and involved foreign actors and it occurred under Obama.

And it was actually consequential. It very nearly unseated a duly elected President.

*Asking* for an investigation of someone *who may turn out to be* a political opponent falls well short of that.
    Lame argument.

Trump on the hot seat so why not blame Obama?

Get real.

That's no defense.

You have no defense.

-But it is somewhat amusing to watch your imagination in action.

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    I said it before. Books will come out written by trumpets that will hurt him. I did not then know that Bolton was writing a truthful book. Excerpts have come out and he said Trump did a quid pro quo with Ukraine aid. I think even rightys knew that all along but were certain the truth would not come out before the election.
    Kinda hard to put that cat back in the bag.

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

How do you know it’s truthful lol?
    How can you tell if political news is truthful? Easy. When it disagrees with Trump.

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

Lame argument.

Trump on the hot seat so why not blame Obama?

Get real.

That's no defense.

You have no defense.

-But it is somewhat amusing to watch your imagination in action.
    The Durham *criminal* investigation of Cross Fire Hurricane is imaginary lol?

Who knew? Learn something new every day.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

11. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Recall how the Ukraine Silly Burger began on the heels of the Mullet implosion.
    Calling things names doesn't mean the names are accurate. Actually, if you were really armed with the truth, that should suffice. You wouldn't have to make up names.

Don’t be surprised if Democrats have Plan C already in the works.
    Democrats have their hands full trying to decide which Trump crimes to investigate.

12. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

When did me and 63 million other voters cease to be Americans?
    When 66 million voters refused to accept the nonsense of Trump. [that's 3 million more than wanted Trump...]

It is quite amusing to watch as Republican after Republican carries on about 'unseating a duly elected president,' and 'going against what the voters wanted.'

What the voters wanted was Hillary, by 3 million votes. Hello?

13. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

Calling things names doesn't mean the names are accurate. Actually, if you were really armed with the truth, that should suffice. You wouldn't have to make up names.

Democrats have their hands full trying to decide which Trump crimes to investigate.
    Mullet imploded and this Ukraine thing is silly lol.

Be honest, you don’t really care about Ukraine, right?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (01-27-2020)

15. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

He didn’t covertly ask for it—there were several other listeners to the call and not all of them saw a problem with it.
    But several people overhearing the 'perfect phone call' (from the 'stable genius') DID see a problem with it! So much so that they risked their careers to report it (with nothing to gain from it.)

And yeah, it would out of line to ask Little Rocket Man for an investigation of Warren because Warren has absolutely nothing to do with NK.

The Bidens had A LOT to do with Ukraine.
    An anti-corruption program should have been labelled as such and should be initiated through normal channels (GAO: withholding aid as a quid pro quo was illegal,) and no specific investigations should be asked for by the President. Let the Attorney General determine which investigations have just cause to be initated (as was done with the Mueller investigation.) Let our Justice Department contact there's, etc. And why on earth should such investigations be publicly announced? That would be stupid and taint the investigation. More is learned when they are secret.

Trump taking this on personally, in the way he did, screams election-rigging with solicited foreign influence.

16. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

The Durham *criminal* investigation of Cross Fire Hurricane is imaginary lol?

Who knew? Learn something new every day.
    Might as well put all your eggs in that basket.

17. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

When 66 million voters refused to accept the nonsense of Trump. [that's 3 million more than wanted Trump...]

It is quite amusing to watch as Republican after Republican carries on about 'unseating a duly elected president,' and 'going against what the voters wanted.'

What the voters wanted was Hillary, by 3 million votes. Hello?
    The margin is less impressive when expressed as a percentage of the total vote lol.

Do you suppose that’s why they use the 3 million number? Or instead of saying Hillary won the popular vote ‘by a mere whisker’? Is that the way they convince the lemmings there’s a huge ground swell of the country that wanted Hillary instead of Trump?

They wouldn’t do that, would they?