Thread: If you don't like the news, it's fake

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Default If you don't like the news, it's fake

President Trump's great epistemological insight has been welcomed by admirers all over the world.

In Myanmar, where international observers accuse the military of conducting a genocidal campaign against the Rohingya, a security official said “there is no such thing as Rohingya,” adding “it's fake news.”

When Amnesty International released a report on prison deaths in Syria, Assad dismissed it with: “we are living in a fake news era".

The official newspaper of the Chinese Communist Party, People’s Daily, said: “If the president of the United States claims that his nation’s leading media are a stain on America, then negative news about China should be taken with a grain of salt.”

Well done, Mr President! The thugs love you.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-26-2020), ThatOwlWoman (01-26-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

He also lifted Duterte and Kim with his sloppy lack of diplomacy.

Trump is a great example of exactly the type of president we DON'T WANT.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-26-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And of course, we cannot forget his lord and savior, Vladimir Putin.

He owes his office to Putin.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,390 Times in 53,271 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

Putin is the Prince of Fake News.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Putin was one of the 304 electors that voted for Trump? Which State had him as an elector?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ntial_electors

I don't see Vladimir Putin on the list for either Trump or Hillary.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,633 Times in 9,299 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Putin was one of the 304 electors that voted for Trump? Which State had him as an elector?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ntial_electors

I don't see Vladimir Putin on the list for either Trump or Hillary.
    Even you can't be playing this fucking dumb!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    President Trump's great epistemological insight has been welcomed by admirers all over the world.

In Myanmar, where international observers accuse the military of conducting a genocidal campaign against the Rohingya, a security official said “there is no such thing as Rohingya,” adding “it's fake news.”

When Amnesty International released a report on prison deaths in Syria, Assad dismissed it with: “we are living in a fake news era".

The official newspaper of the Chinese Communist Party, People’s Daily, said: “If the president of the United States claims that his nation’s leading media are a stain on America, then negative news about China should be taken with a grain of salt.”

Well done, Mr President! The thugs love you.
    No....when the "documented facts" demonstrate the news to be lies based upon made up propaganda...……..its FAKE. Lets just take the top 10 media lies propagated by PROPGANDA.

1. TRUMP IS NOT A BILLIONAIRE (Forbes documented the fact that Mr. Trump is worth at least 4 billion dollars) 2. Trump is not a successful businessman. The media told the lie that Trump inherited his fortune from his father. Reality: The total net worth of Trumps father? 250 Million. Where did the 3.75 Billion come from? Fairy dust? 3. The media misquoted Mr. Trump and declared that he said, "All Mexicans are rapists". What he actually said in a verbatim quote was, "Illegals coming from Mexico have a number of criminals within their ranks.....some are drug mules, they are importing crime into our sovereign nation, known rapists, known gang members, ….but some are GOOD PEOPLE, they have just broken our immigration laws as their first act in entering our nation.

4. The media said, TRUMP declared John McCain....not a war hero. What he actually said? "McCain is not a war hero BECAUSE he was pow..." Implying that McCain was a hero for other reasons. He said at least 4 times after that misquote that McCain was a hero.

5. The media lied about the number of people attending an rally Az. The media said, "Only 2500 people showed up to hear Trump" The local paper (The Phoenix Business Journal) estimated the crowd to be at least 7500.

6. Hispanics don't like Trump....another media lie. Reality: Trump received a 34% support from Hispanics. And it was the support of Hispanics in the state of Fla., that helped elect Trump to office.

7. NBC talking head lied and then backed down concerning his statement that Trump lied about his salary while working for NBC as reality tv celebrity. O'Donnell (not the first time he was caught blantly lying about Trump) had to make another statement and admit, "I don't really know how much he was paid while working for NBC....."

8. Trump was a draft dodger: reality: Trump like many that did not serve and never violated any selective service law. He like many democrat presidents (cough, cough....Blow Job) simply had a student deferment while attending college.

9. The media propagandizes THE PEOPLEs opinion about our southern border. The media has story after story concerning the peoples unfavorable concern about Trump's border policies. Reality: The people have a 63% favorable opinion on how Trump is securing our southern border.

10. The Media continually lies about DUST UPS or divisions in the Trump White House....they make up stories from anonymous sources and declare them as truth. On example...a supposed dust up between Trump and Priebus over Trump's personality. All lies. According to Priebus, what he actually said to Trump, "....you can't and should not attempt to change your personality, I UNDERSTAND that.

These are just a few examples; Another quick example, "Trump plays golf ….as usual, while our troops are in harms way....." Reality: Trump visited our Troops in a combat zone during this particular holiday. This reporter was fired.

The media continually calls Mr. Trump an anti-Semite.....when his son in law, daughter and grandchild are JEWISH. The media calls Mr. Trump a racist...when he as done more for our black and other minority citizens than the last 5 presidents combined.

It goes on and on and on...…….they are now attempting to lie and make a crime out of Mr. Trump firing an ambassador, when BHO fired the entire ambassador staff when he was first elected.
    Last edited by Ralph; 01-26-2020 at 06:48 PM.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,756 Times in 4,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

How did Putin give him his office?

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

That the Republicans are a seriously patriotic group of Americans is fake news.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    Again: The simple truth. It was DEMOCRATS in the rust belt that elected Donald John Trump, not republicans.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

More fake news from the Trump right.

It was first time voters who now know they were fooled by Trump who put him over.

Those 77 thousand for Trump will be almost a million more against him come November.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by MASON View Post
    Even you can't be playing this fucking dumb!
    OwlWoman is.

She thinks Putin is an elector.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    They're fixing what you America hating black boy tried to do to the country and kept Hillary from making it worse.

Only an America hater like you would think otherwise.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Flash,

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    How did Putin give him his office?
    It's all contained in the Mueller Report. It was a systematic and multi-faceted effort by Putin to get Trump elected. Since the election was so razor-close, it's rather obvious that without the help of Putin Trump would never have been elected.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,756 Times in 4,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Hello Flash,

It's all contained in the Mueller Report. It was a systematic and multi-faceted effort by Putin to get Trump elected. Since the election was so razor-close, it's rather obvious that without the help of Putin Trump would never have been elected.
    Mueller never made that conclusion. There is no way to know this. How would you know whether a person's vote was influenced by a Facebook post from Russia or some American group or an individual?

There were lot more late deciders in 2016 due to high negative ratings of both candidates and they are most likely to be influenced by late campaigning. But many of those went 3rd party because of the higher percentage of votes won by those candidates (7.8 million, 6%) than normal. In 4 swing states Trump won by less than the number of votes won by Stein-Johnson.

We could just as well speculate third party voters elected Trump rather than Russian. But, it is all speculation. It mistakenly assumed all third party Stein votes would have gone to Clinton. Or, we could blame it on the lower turnout of black voters who loyally support Democrats.

It was a razor thin margin, but Trump could have lost two of those swing states and still won the electoral vote. Most votes are already decided since political party is the most important factor in determining the vote.