Thread: A Peek at America before 1950 and the Assault by the Left

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    The problem is that if mother nature was perfect there would be spontaneous abortions of fetuses that were not up to par psychologically and intellectually and we would nor be populated and bombarded with such massive stupidity, sociopothy and idiocy. Can you imagine how delightful it would be if only smart, aware, forward thinking and empathetic folks populated the planet. Just wow!
    You're one sick lady Owl. Jus.....damn.
    Every life matters

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,616 Times in 9,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Picture a neighborhood composed of low and middle income families, each with two parents, no homeless people, no street drugs, safe to walk the streets at night. Is this the figment of an overactive imagination? Well, it is in fact a peek at a neighborhood in New York City where the son of immigrant parents read The New York Times every morning in high school, before orchestra rehearsal. Me. The principal, strongly authoritarian and well loved, opened a weekly assembly of highly diverse youngsters by reading a psalm from the Bible. Tough-as-nails, yet tenderhearted teachers passed on a tradition of excellence in thought, expression, and civility while preparing us for a wide range of careers in a free and independent America.

This typical school of 1940s New York City had higher standards and grade profile than any counterpart today and operated on a budget far smaller in equivalent dollars than any current public school budget. In these “backward” times, the schools were free of substance abuse problems, sexual promiscuity, and identity problems. There was an abiding respect for the authority of teachers and parents and for the dignity of every person regardless of race, religion, or ethnicity. There were clubs in my school for religion, for foreign languages (including Latin). A Reporters’ Club recorded significant events for the school paper. There were toy drives for a local hospital . . . The list of extracurricular engagements was long.

I think it’s revealing that dictionaries in these “retrograde” times did not prefix definitions of words referring to high moral standards, such as virtue, with the phrase “regarded as.” It did not have to be stated that opinion or “point of view” is not a valid basis for morality.

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti..._the_left.html

Make America Great Again???

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 42 Times in 34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    People aren't really born stupid. Add in societies bs, parental prejudices, mind rotting entertainment, and schooling or lack thereof. Stupid is taught and learned.
    What about congenital mental disorders like Down's Syndrome (to name one of dozens) Einstein ?

(God, I really F**King hate stupid people, like YOU).
    Last edited by Dachshynddawg; 01-25-2020 at 01:24 PM.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 42 Times in 34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Lisps the midget from the whitest place in America. Shut the fuck up.
    C-4 is just angry play - doh _ Hey that's funny if you're 19- year- old college student. But most adults wouldn't think it was that witty.

Since C-4 is so malleable, why don't you do us a favour and poke 50 g of it up your arse, then light up a fart to impress your girlfriend with the "light show."

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dachshynddawg View Post
    C-4 is just angry play - doh _ Hey that's funny if you're 19- year- old college student. But most adults wouldn't think it was that witty.

Since C-4 is so malleable, why don't you do us a favour and poke 50 g of it up your arse, then light up a fart to impress your girlfriend with the "light show."
    Thanks for showing you were never in the military. Fucking wimp.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Picture a neighborhood composed of low and middle income families, each with two parents, no homeless people, no street drugs, safe to walk the streets at night. Is this the figment of an overactive imagination? Well, it is in fact a peek at a neighborhood in New York City where the son of immigrant parents read The New York Times every morning in high school, before orchestra rehearsal. Me. The principal, strongly authoritarian and well loved, opened a weekly assembly of highly diverse youngsters by reading a psalm from the Bible. Tough-as-nails, yet tenderhearted teachers passed on a tradition of excellence in thought, expression, and civility while preparing us for a wide range of careers in a free and independent America.

This typical school of 1940s New York City had higher standards and grade profile than any counterpart today and operated on a budget far smaller in equivalent dollars than any current public school budget. In these “backward” times, the schools were free of substance abuse problems, sexual promiscuity, and identity problems. There was an abiding respect for the authority of teachers and parents and for the dignity of every person regardless of race, religion, or ethnicity. There were clubs in my school for religion, for foreign languages (including Latin). A Reporters’ Club recorded significant events for the school paper. There were toy drives for a local hospital . . . The list of extracurricular engagements was long.

I think it’s revealing that dictionaries in these “retrograde” times did not prefix definitions of words referring to high moral standards, such as virtue, with the phrase “regarded as.” It did not have to be stated that opinion or “point of view” is not a valid basis for morality.

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti..._the_left.html
    Fake News source.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Fake News source.

Typical response from someone that can't accept the truth.

You blame the source because you can't refute what it says.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Typical response from someone that can't accept the truth.

You blame the source because you can't refute what it says.
    Why should I trust what it says if it's on a Fake News site? If it was real, it would be on a real news site.
    I also don't bother refuting conspiracy theories when they're on Alex Jones' show. He makes shit up, so he's not worth taking seriously.

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why should I trust what it says if it's on a Fake News site? If it was real, it would be on a real news site.
    I also don't bother refuting conspiracy theories when they're on Alex Jones' show. He makes shit up, so he's not worth taking seriously.
    There you go again making excuses because you can't refute facts. Just as predicted.

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There you go again making excuses because you can't refute facts. Just as predicted.

I didn't comment on the "facts" themselves. All I said was that this is a Fake News site. Sorry that bothers you so much.

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I didn't comment on the "facts" themselves. All I said was that this is a Fake News site. Sorry that bothers you so much.
    When you called something that posted facts as fake, you did. Sorry, you don't have the guts to admit when you're been defeated with the truth.

Typical leftist. No wonder you got your ass beat so much as a kid.

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

When you called something that posted facts as fake, you did. Sorry, you don't have the guts to admit when you're been defeated with the truth.

Typical leftist. No wonder you got your ass beat so much as a kid.
    But the site is a Fake News site, so I was right. No need to get so #triggered just because you were wrong again.

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But the site is a Fake News site, so I was right. No need to get so #triggered just because you were wrong again.
    It can't be a fake news site if it reports facts and you acknowledged it reported facts.