Thread: How will democrats defend this?

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,978 Times in 32,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Rather than shutting down the investigation of trump, you want to broaden it to include the previous accusations made in the Steele Dossier?
    ????....those have already been proved false......but I would be curious about the path the dossier took from the first idea of "let's manufacture false info about Trump" to "lets use that false info to get a FISA warrent against people in Trump's inner circle".........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (01-26-2020)

3. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,978 Times in 32,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Repetition helps makes something seem possible, or even true. It works whether it is true, or a lie. There are three rules to pushing a story: Repetition! Repetition!! Repetition!!!
    I've often said that demmycrats repeat their lies so often they actually begin to believe their own lies.........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,353 Times in 8,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,704 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    once it was proved to be lies?
    Lets take the story that trump was peed on by prostitutes:
    1) There is a story that trump was peed on by prostitutes, and Putin has a tape of it happening.
    2) trump denies he was even in Moscow the night he was supposedly peed on by prostitutes.
    3) It turns out that trump was definitely in Moscow the night he was peed on by prostitutes.
    4) trump says that he is too smart to be recorded being peed on by prostitutes. he would have supposedly known the room might be bugged.
    5) trump admitted to sexual assault right after a mic was put on his shirt. he knew he had a mic on him and was still stupid enough to admit to sexual assault. If he is that stupid, he might be dumb enough to be peed on by prostitutes and have it recorded.
    6) trump says he is too much of a neurotic germaphobe to even shake hands with an American hero, so he would not allow prostitutes to pee on him.
    7) he has been caught saying before that urine is the perfect disinfectant, so it is quite possible that he was peed on by prostitutes.
    8) he claims he sleeps with so many desperate woman as part of his business that he does not need to hire prostitutes to pee on him.
    9) We know he has payed prostitutes to sign NDAs, so he clearly is very willing to pay prostitutes.

This is getting a bit long, we should breakout the trump was peed on by prostitutes into several dozen other threads... Or do you get my point yet?

At best repeating the allegation hundreds of times without disproving it will hurt the Republican Party, and at worst, proving it will hurt the Republican Party even worse. If it could be disproven, trump would have done so already... And even if it could, repeating it hundreds of times would still hurt the Republican Party.

5. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-26-2020)

6. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

can you give us an example of a thing that the Dossier accused Trump of that was true?.......just one will be sufficient......thanks......
    The Mueller Report definitely confirmed that the Russians had a sweeping campaign to support trump. That much of the Steele Dossier is definitely correct.

trump definitely was trying to get money for a building in Moscow that he hoped to put his name on. At the time, he denied it, but it turned out to be true. he definitely continued the Moscow trump tower project after the beginning of his campaign, even though he claimed he had stopped it. he definitely did take Deutsche Bank facilitated sweetheart loans of unknown origin, even though he claimed he had not. Even trump admits that now.

There was definitely a constant communication between a computer at trump organization and Russian companies associated with Putin. That has been proven, but no one knows what that communication is.

Manafort really did meet with Russians, and then lied about it. Manafort has been successfully prosecuted for crimes mentioned in the Steele Dossier, so that part has been proven true beyond a reasonable doubt. Papadopoulos also meet with the Russians. There was also a meeting that trump jr did with the Russians.

Even Putin admits he wanted trump to win.

I could go on and on, but you said only one... And I have given you several.

7. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-26-2020)

8. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,686 Times in 17,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Mueller Report definitely confirmed that the Russians had a sweeping campaign to support trump. That much of the Steele Dossier is definitely correct.

trump definitely was trying to get money for a building in Moscow that he hoped to put his name on. At the time, he denied it, but it turned out to be true. he definitely continued the Moscow trump tower project after the beginning of his campaign, even though he claimed he had stopped it. he definitely did take Deutsche Bank facilitated sweetheart loans of unknown origin, even though he claimed he had not. Even trump admits that now.

There was definitely a constant communication between a computer at trump organization and Russian companies associated with Putin. That has been proven, but no one knows what that communication is.

Manafort really did meet with Russians, and then lied about it. Manafort has been successfully prosecuted for crimes mentioned in the Steele Dossier, so that part has been proven true beyond a reasonable doubt. Papadopoulos also meet with the Russians. There was also a meeting that trump jr did with the Russians.

Well, no Walter.

Remember Rosenstein: No Vote Counts or Election Results Were Changed

9. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Then why is the reason Democrats impeached Trump based on being mad they got their asses kicked in 2016?

10. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

????....those have already been proved false......but I would be curious about the path the dossier took from the first idea of "let's manufacture false info about Trump" to "lets use that false info to get a FISA warrent against people in Trump's inner circle".........
    There were dozens of different sources all giving similar information. There was a CIA spy in the Kremlin, who independently gave the same sorts of information. The CIA spy needed to be gotten out of Russia very quickly, because of the danger of trump giving over his identity to Putin in order for our spy to be killed. Maybe we could have the CIA spy also called to testify. We could have all the sources say all the accusations against trump. We could have every day of the Senate schedule from now until November taken up by accusations against trump.

I am sure the defense that "only" 70 to 90% of them are true will be very comforting to reluctant trump voters

11. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Good grief, they want to litigate the Mueller report again.

12. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Well, no Walter.

Remember Rosenstein: No Vote Counts or Election Results Were Changed
    Wasn't Russian collusion the initial reason Democrats called for impeachment? Why, then, did they vote for impeachment based on being sore losers from 2016?

13. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Good grief, they want to litigate the Mueller report again.
    If they believe like Walt claims, why didn't they use it as an article of impeachment.

14. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    If they believe like Walt claims, why didn't they use it as an article of impeachment.
    Indeed.

The Democrats should stop the bleeding. Everything that they have tried has failed.

They have alienated the moderate Senate Republicans and lost any chance to remove a sitting president that the American people elected.

15. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I've often said that demmycrats repeat their lies so often they actually begin to believe their own lies.........
    Republicans like to repeat their lies a lot too... But lets cut that short, because talking about that only repeats Republican lies.

Let's talk about the allegations against trump you think are lies. trump claimed he had donated millions recently to the trump foundation, but that turned out to be a lie. he laundered other people's payment to himself through the trump foundation. For years there, he gave nothing to the trump foundation, but received large payments by the trump foundation. he has admitted all this, and had to pay fines based on the parts that were CRIMES.

trump is so cheap, he actually stole $7.00 from the trump foundation to pay for his son's membership in the Boy Scouts. That is not 700 dollars, it is 7 dollars.

trump is so corrupt that he had to dissolve the trump foundation, and agree never to run a charity again. That is right, the person that runs the largest non-profit in America (the US Government) had to agree never to run a non-profit because he is too corrupt.

16. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-26-2020)

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-27-2020), domer76 (01-26-2020)

18. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Indeed.

The Democrats should stop the bleeding. Everything that they have tried has failed.

They have alienated the moderate Senate Republicans and lost any chance to remove a sitting president that American people elected.
    The Democrats screamed and hollered about Russian collusion and why it was necessary to impeachment. When they voted on the two articles, neither involved anything related to that yet Democrats still bring it up.

19. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Republicans like to repeat their lies a lot too... But lets cut that short, because talking about that only repeats Republican lies.

Let's talk about the allegations against trump you think are lies. trump claimed he had donated millions recently to the trump foundation, but that turned out to be a lie. he laundered other people's payment to himself through the trump foundation. For years there, he gave nothing to the trump foundation, but received large payments by the trump foundation. he has admitted all this, and had to pay fines based on the parts that were CRIMES.

trump is so cheap, he actually stole $7.00 from the trump foundation to pay for his son's membership in the Boy Scouts. That is not 700 dollars, it is 7 dollars.

trump is so corrupt that he had to dissolve the trump foundation, and agree never to run a charity again. That is right, the person that runs the largest non-profit in America (the US Government) had to agree never to run a non-profit because he is too corrupt.
    What's sad is you claim Trump committed crimes yet neither article of impeachment claimed he did anything that is a crime.

Stop being a sore loser, quit being pissy about losing in 2016, and start preparing to get your ass kicked again in 2020.

20. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Give it up, Walter.

Let’s meet on this forum a week from tomorrow to see who prevailed.

You should censure Shifty Schiff for presenting the weakest case in History,

That’s why they will lose...again,