Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ex-Bush Speechwriter Makes Chilling Prediction About How Trump Will React To Acquitta

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello signalmankenneth,

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    Ex-Bush Speechwriter Makes Chilling Prediction About How Trump Will React To Acquittal

“The president never views a near-miss as an opportunity for reflection and reformation,” warned Michael Gerson.

Michael Gerson, a former speechwriter for President George W. Bush, on Thursday warned of the “further danger” to come if the GOP-controlled Senate votes to acquit President Donald Trump over his Ukraine misconduct.

“The president never views a near-miss as an opportunity for reflection and reformation. He sees it as permission to indulge his every urge,” Gerson wrote in a new column for The Washington Post.

“And his most consistent urge has been to seek unfair advantage in the upcoming presidential election,” he continued. “The months between Senate acquittal and the November vote will be fertile ground for further cheating.” (You can count on that!)

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/micha...b6d6767fd1cdc4

Too funny. Republican Senators: "There's no reason to convict, nothing new presented in this trial, so we will vote to make sure no new evidence is presented."
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-25-2020)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

The vote will be on the merits of the case presented by the Democrats (note that there are no Republicans presenting the case which is telling). It appears to be a totally partisan effort to remove a sitting president that the American people elected (which Nervous Nancy said should never happen). If the vote is for acquittal (exoneration) the significance is that the Democrats did not present a compelling case. If the vote is guilty, it means that the case was compelling.

See how easy that was?

4. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

Nomad (01-25-2020)

5. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    WILL SCHIFF BE PRESENTING THAT "RUSSIAN COLLUSION PROOF" AFTER THREE + YEARS OF SQUAWKING ABOUT IT, SINCE HE BROUGHT IT UP TODAY??? I MEAN SONCE YOU'RE "SO CONCERNED" with LIES AND ALL?
    We have been waiting on that for a while now. The many failures of Adam Schiff yet Nancy keeps putting him out there. Remember when he was punked by radio talk show guys about having "russian kompromat"? That was good stuff

TDS is a real thing. Instead of self reflection JPP leftists put their cognitive dissonance into overdrive. Only they know that Trump cheated in 2016 and only they know that he is cheating in 2020.

We already know that if Trump wins re-election in 2020 EVERY single JPP leftist will claim that it was Ukrainian cheating.

It cracks me up. When Hillary Clinton hires a law firm to hire a foreign national to go to Russia to dig up dirt on a political opponent, it isn't a threat to national security, it is opposition research

But, Trump doing his job making sure that Ukraine cleans up its act and look into legitimate concerns about Biden's corruption, it is an existential threat to our Republic. The left are truly threats to this country. Plain and simple. They are more of a threat than Al Queda and ISIS

6. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Earl (01-25-2020)

7. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Republican integrity started to wane around the same time Newt Gingrich and Tom Delay ran the House and right-wing talk radio began fanning the flames of paranoia and mistrust of gub'mint amongst conservative voters.

Early 1990's.
    But didn't Reagan run on a platform of the government is the problem not the solution?

8. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Things Trump gets away with

1. 16,000+ lies is one thing he gets away with. He lies to America on a daily basis.
    Correction:

"Things Trump gets away with " So Far...
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-25-2020)

10. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Vengeance is mine says President Trump.

11. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

Nomad (01-25-2020)

12. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,030 Times in 8,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Earl is spamming the forums with multiple copies of the same post. I wonder if he wrote the original himself, or was it sent to him by his handlers.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    The vote will be on the merits of the case presented by the Democrats (note that there are no Republicans presenting the case which is telling). It appears to be a totally partisan effort to remove a sitting president that the American people elected (which Nervous Nancy said should never happen). If the vote is for acquittal (exoneration) the significance is that the Democrats did not present a compelling case. If the vote is guilty, it means that the case was compelling.

See how easy that was?

See how easy that was?

13. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-25-2020)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

John Barron (01-25-2020)

15. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,030 Times in 8,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Vengeance is mine says President Trump.
    Replacing God's name with trump, clearly the Alt Right does not take religion seriously.

16. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Earl is spamming the forums with multiple copies of the same post. I wonder if he wrote the original himself, or was it sent to him by his handlers.
    Ah...Walter, sulking because you have been hammered by the bright, erudite conservatives on this forum.

You appear to be in a melonchly funk this morning. Cheer up, the Senate vote is near.

17. The Following 2 Users Groan At Earl For This Awful Post:

Nomad (01-25-2020), Walt (01-25-2020)

18. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Replacing God's name with trump, clearly the Alt Right does not take religion seriously.
    It’s called an analogy,Walter.

Today is Sat. again, no school.

19. The Following 2 Users Groan At Earl For This Awful Post:

Nomad (01-25-2020), Walt (01-25-2020)

20. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I am pleased as punch that I now have a groupie, Walter.

Very complimentary, Walter. Thanks heaps.

21. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

Nomad (01-25-2020)

22. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,905 Times in 7,965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    But didn't Reagan run on a platform of the government is the problem not the solution?
    Yes, but it hadn't become entrenched in the minds of the rest of the party to the point that they wanted to destroy the govt like they do today.

In Reagan's day there were still old line Republicans who understood that compromise was the way things got done in Washington. Sure, nothing happened overnight, but they knew that's the way the world worked.

And they still had integrity and respect for the institutions and its rules and the decorum and protocols, etc.

Nowadays they're a bunch of shameless, spineless cretins who are willing to allow a grifter, con artist carnival barker palooka with a cult following to shit and piss all over it all just to save their own skins.

Worse yet, some of them actually admire what Trump is.

These are frightening, worrisome times for anyone with an ounce of reverence and respect for the traditions that made this country great.

That's why that whole "MAGA" thing is so galling and filled with irony.

Great is the exact opposite of what Trump and his spineless, sycophantic minions are making America.

23. The Following User Groans At Nomad For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-25-2020)

24. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Asserting executive privilege is not obstructing.
    He never asserted executive privilege.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

25. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Nomad (01-25-2020)

26. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    actually I think he's get closer to 53 who vote to acquit him.......
    The only drama for me in this circus is how Lisa Murkowski will vote. She's already halfway into her political coffin as it is.

27. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Yes, but it hadn't become entrenched in the minds of the rest of the party to the point that they wanted to destroy the govt like they do today.

In Reagan's day there were still old line Republicans who understood that compromise was the way things got done in Washington. Sure, nothing happened overnight, but they knew that's the way the world worked.

And they still had integrity and respect for the institutions and its rules and the decorum and protocols, etc.

Nowadays they're a bunch of shameless, spineless cretins who are willing to allow a grifter, con artist carnival barker palooka with a cult following to shit and piss all over it all just to save their own skins.

Worse yet, some of them actually admire what Trump is.

These are frightening, worrisome times for anyone with an ounce of reverence and respect for the traditions that made this country great.

That's why that whole "MAGA" thing is so galling and filled with irony.

Great is the exact opposite of what Trump and his spineless, sycophantic minions are making America.
    Cool that Trump makes you long for Reagan and the Bushes.
    Bet you woulda voted for Mitt Romney over hrc in '16 if you knew what the alternative was and given the choice.