1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,261 Times in 33,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,089 Times in 4,704 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    It's not broken when it's true.

Face it. You lefties got your ass kicked in 2016 and haven't recovered since despite the country moving forward.
    Broken record

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    A video shown at the trial has Zelensky in his face to face with Trump reminding him he still hadn’t had said meeting.
    That would be the meeting Trump first promised unconditionally, and then changed the parameters, imposing new conditions.

Just like how he promised he would release his taxes, and then imposed shifting conditions, then never did it at all, even took it to court.

Liar con man. Can't be trusted.

And that was his undoing. Zelensky is smart. Zelensky was ready to cave and make the announcement of the investigations. But he realized he could be hung out on a limb if he did that and still didn't get the WH meeting. He wanted Trump to set the date and announce the White House meeting before he would announce the investigations. Trump refused. So they were left at an impasse. And Trump never got what he wanted simply because he is so obstinate. He had it right there in his hand and his lack of ability to trust anybody did him in. His problem is he thinks other people are as disgusting as him. Big mistake.

Naturally the two of them could not do a joint press conference because it would be obvious it was a quid pro quo.

Trump tripped over his own insecurity and fell flat on his face.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-24-2020)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,744 Times in 17,975 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,251 Times in 3,055 Posts
    Blog Entries

Here’s some advice, win an election, then you won’t have to use impeachment to try to win the next election.

If witnesses are so important, why didn’t the House Democrats call them?

It isn’t the job of the Senate to correct the flawed Articles prepared by the House.
    Last edited by Earl; 01-24-2020 at 08:15 AM.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Democrats, as a party, love the Constitution too much to want to weaken it.

Democrats, as a party, are true blue Americans.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-24-2020)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Republicans are the only ones to bring a frivolous impeachment.

They tried to remove President Clinton only to try to get revenge on Democrats and try to 'even the scales' for Nixon.

8. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-24-2020)

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Democrats, as a party, love the Constitution too much to want to weaken it.

Democrats, as a party, are true blue Americans.
    Democrats, as a party, quite often claims there are things in the Constitution that simply aren't there. When you ask them to show you those very words, they can't then want to blame others for not seeing them.

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Republicans are the only ones to bring a frivolous impeachment.

They tried to remove President Clinton only to try to get revenge on Democrats and try to 'even the scales' for Nixon.
    Lying under oath and obstruction of justice are hardly frivolous reasons.

None of the charges against Clinton stated revenge.

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Of course not. If Trump was a good person, was not incompetent, was not a total asshole and even pretended to represent people
    other than his white base, didn't fire every single person who disagrees with him, ever held briefings, didn't cheat in elections,
    didn't lie every second, we wouldn't be here.

We are here because you morons elected the most immoral cave dweller on the planet. Nobody wants this shit. You assholes impeached him.
    You made us do it even though you should JOIN us in doing it. Traitor scum sucking evil fucks.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

evince (01-24-2020)

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,254 Times in 7,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

-Even for someone as audacious as Trump. They would not do it as a party without good reason.

-If you think they have, then you have lost touch with reality.

-Some would. Yes. I'll grant you that. But not as a party. The party would not do it until there was a valid and justifiable reason.

-The Democratic Party as a whole would not engage in a frivolous impeachment as a political stunt. They just would not go that far. They have scruples. They believe in the system, trust the system. They follow the Constitution. They do not wish to weaken the Constitution. They take this very seriously.

-If you look at some of them, and say they have been trying to do this since Trump was elected, you are correct. But it is a mistake to extrapolate that small subset into the whole party. Big mistake. Making that mistake is the precise point at which you left reality behind, if that's what you think is happening.

-Don't mind me. I am an independent voice. And I am right.
    Beautifully said, Poli.

Unfortunately, it will go zooming over their heads.

We have to take comfort in knowing that eventually, we will defeat them. They will continue the conduct that is detrimental to our Republic and its objectives (whether intentionally or unintentionally)...but we will stop them in their tracks.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

14. The Following User Groans At Frank Apisa For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-24-2020)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-24-2020)

16. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,647 Times in 11,630 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

-Even for someone as audacious as Trump. They would not do it as a party without good reason.

-If you think they have, then you have lost touch with reality.

-Some would. Yes. I'll grant you that. But not as a party. The party would not do it until there was a valid and justifiable reason.

-The Democratic Party as a whole would not engage in a frivolous impeachment as a political stunt. They just would not go that far. They have scruples. They believe in the system, trust the system. They follow the Constitution. They do not wish to weaken the Constitution. They take this very seriously.

-If you look at some of them, and say they have been trying to do this since Trump was elected, you are correct. But it is a mistake to extrapolate that small subset into the whole party. Big mistake. Making that mistake is the precise point at which you left reality behind, if that's what you think is happening.

-Don't mind me. I am an independent voice. And I am right.
    If what you say is true then explain why the Democrats were talking impeachment before Trump even took office.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Earl (01-24-2020)

18. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,777 Times in 27,251 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

19. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-24-2020)

20. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,744 Times in 17,975 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,251 Times in 3,055 Posts
    Blog Entries

Here’s some advice, win an election, then you won’t have to use impeachment to try to win the next election.

If witnesses are so important, why didn’t the House Democrats call them?

It isn’t the job of the Senate to correct the flawed Articles prepared by the House.

21. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,254 Times in 7,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Democratic party leadership resisted calls for impeachment as long as they could.
    I did, too. I wrote dozens of comments railing against the idea. Got in heated debates with family members who were strong advocates of impeachment about that issue.

But Trump forced my hand.

He demanded to be impeached.

He will be acquitted.

I can only hope that a few of those frightened Republican senators break in favor of doing the right thing...and vote GUILTY. It won't be enough in any case, but it will restore some semblance of respect for a party seemingly intent on disgracing itself.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-24-2020)

23. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,777 Times in 27,251 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    If what you say is true then explain why the Democrats were talking impeachment before Trump even took office.
    because he lied about everything and had sooo many secrets about sex and business crimes that he was a blackmailers DREAM idiot

we also KNEW the Russians were aiding him

we were correct

and you Russians can bite a dead mules ass

24. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Frank,

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Beautifully said, Poli.

Unfortunately, it will go zooming over their heads.

We have to take comfort in knowing that eventually, we will defeat them. They will continue the conduct that is detrimental to our Republic and its objectives (whether intentionally or unintentionally)...but we will stop them in their tracks.
    Thank you. Yes, we shall. We must. It is up to us to save the Constitution. We, the people who stand for what is right. I may be an atheist but I do have faith. I have faith that there are enough good and honest people in the USA that they will rise up and vote Trump out. A vote against Trump is a vote against tyranny and nonsense.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 01-24-2020 at 08:24 AM.

25. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-24-2020)

26. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Frank Apisa (01-24-2020)