Thread: Democrats Would Not Impeach Without Good Reason

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Democrats Would Not Impeach Without Good Reason

-Even for someone as audacious as Trump. They would not do it as a party without good reason.

-If you think they have, then you have lost touch with reality.

-Some would. Yes. I'll grant you that. But not as a party. The party would not do it until there was a valid and justifiable reason.

-The Democratic Party as a whole would not engage in a frivolous impeachment as a political stunt. They just would not go that far. They have scruples. They believe in the system, trust the system. They follow the Constitution. They do not wish to weaken the Constitution. They take this very seriously.

-If you look at some of them, and say they have been trying to do this since Trump was elected, you are correct. But it is a mistake to extrapolate that small subset into the whole party. Big mistake. Making that mistake is the precise point at which you left reality behind, if that's what you think is happening.

-Don't mind me. I am an independent voice. And I am right.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 3 Users Groan At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-24-2020), Earl (01-25-2020), Irish (01-25-2020)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Frank Apisa (01-24-2020), Phantasmal (01-24-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Being mad because you got your ass kicked 3 years ago and you know you will get it kicked again in 2020 is not a good reason.

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump fans who think Democrats are 'out to get him' and would stoop to an unwarranted impeachment have lost it.

-No longer in touch with reality!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-24-2020)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-24-2020)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

ROFLMAO

9. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Irish (01-25-2020)

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,753 Times in 33,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Being mad because you got your ass kicked 3 years ago and you know you will get it kicked again in 2020 is not a good reason.
    Broken record, CFM’s one brain cell can only repeat two ideas, he has Trump Syndrome.

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Democratic party leadership resisted calls for impeachment as long as they could.

But they would be shirking their duty to the Constitution to allow a politician to seek foreign intervention into an American election. That is going too far.

And this was probably inevitable. At first, Trump still had many Republican party regulars in the ranks, and in his administration. Over time, he ran off all the moderates, leaving him with only the yes men who would do anything he says, people who were loyal to him over the country.

And that is when their priorities shifted.

That was when the guard rails constraining Trump were removed.

He had nobody to tell him he should not do this. (or at least anyone with enough power to make him listen)

Basically, his head got too big and he either ran off or quit listening to anybody with a reasoned mind.

And that's how he got himself into this predicament.

12. The Following 2 Users Groan At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-24-2020), Earl (01-24-2020)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-24-2020)

14. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump's ego forced Democrats' hand.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-24-2020)

16. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    -Even for someone as audacious as Trump. They would not do it as a party without good reason.

-If you think they have, then you have lost touch with reality.

-Some would. Yes. I'll grant you that. But not as a party. The party would not do it until there was a valid and justifiable reason.

-The Democratic Party as a whole would not engage in a frivolous impeachment as a political stunt. They just would not go that far. They have scruples. They believe in the system, trust the system. They follow the Constitution. They do not wish to weaken the Constitution. They take this very seriously.

-If you look at some of them, and say they have been trying to do this since Trump was elected, you are correct. But it is a mistake to extrapolate that small subset into the whole party. Big mistake. Making that mistake is the precise point at which you left reality behind, if that's what you think is happening.

-Don't mind me. I am an independent voice. And I am right.
    She's totally round the bend, a more loqacious version of Deshtard.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Earl (01-24-2020)

18. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump's ego forced Democrats' hand.
    He could have supplied witnesses and documents that prove him innocent, but he didn’t because no such things exit. We have so many videos of Trump admitted his guilt, witnesses testimonies and other facts. Their defense will be interesting. They will only have procedural complaints.

19. The Following User Groans At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-24-2020)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-24-2020)

21. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Executive Privilege, especially concerning national security, must be preserved.

Here’s some advice, win an election, then you won’t have to use impeachment to try to win the next election,

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Irish (01-25-2020)

23. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Broken record, CFM’s one brain cell can only repeat two ideas, he has Trump Syndrome.
    Yet you lefties are the ones playing it.

24. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Yet you lefties are the ones playing it.
    No, it’s your broken record

25. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

He could have supplied witnesses and documents that prove him innocent, but he didn’t because no such things exit. We have so many videos of Trump admitted his guilt, witnesses testimonies and other facts. Their defense will be interesting. They will only have procedural complaints.
    Oh no, I disagree with that. They will mix arguing the merit of their case with attacks on Democrats. I have heard that they have been taking notes on the number of times Democrats said something. As if repetition is any fault. Democrats know that nobody is able to watch all of the trial. People tune in and out according to their schedules. Democrats know that the Senate is unlikely to convict, so they are making sure they get their message out to the general public, so that the actual conviction comes on November 3rd. (if not before, in another impeachment on fraud and taxes.) (Or a reimpeachment on this crime, once more evidence comes out, and you know it will.)

As they pretend to argue merit, they will cherry-pick information to create the narrative they want to present.

For instance, I would expect them to argue that Zelensky got his meeting with Trump, but they will conveniently omit that he never got the coveted WHITE HOUSE MEETING.

26. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

Oh no, I disagree with that. They will mix arguing the merit of their case with attacks on Democrats. I have heard that they have been taking notes on the number of times Democrats said something. As if repetition is any fault. Democrats know that nobody is able to watch all of the trial. People tune in and out according to their schedules. Democrats know that the Senate is unlikely to convict, so they are making sure they get their message out to the general public, so that the actual conviction comes on November 3rd. (if not before, in another impeachment on fraud and taxes.) (Or a reimpeachment on this crime, once more evidence comes out, and you know it will.)

As they pretend to argue merit, they will cherry-pick information to create the narrative they want to present.

For instance, I would expect them to argue that Zelensky got his meeting with Trump, but they will conveniently omit that he never got the coveted WHITE HOUSE MEETING.
    A video shown at the trial has Zelensky in his face to face with Trump reminding him he still hadn’t had said meeting.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-24-2020)

28. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, it’s your broken record
    It's not broken when it's true.

Face it. You lefties got your ass kicked in 2016 and haven't recovered since despite the country moving forward.