Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Is Trump Guilty Or Not?

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    GAO is non-partisan, and if you're going to attack all the institutions whose job it is to provide accountability, you're participating in the corruption directly.
    My point stands...No attack is necessary

2. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Justice Department clears Trump of wrongdoing on Ukraine call."
    washingtontimes.com

Neither the GAO or the J/D get a vote in the Senate. Just the Senators.

3. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Trump is an asshole but we would have ridden out the 4 years in he was not flagrantly breaking rules. He does what he wants and defies you to do anything about it. Trump's definition of privilege is incredible. If he really thinks it applies, then he should actually do it. If he used privilege, he would have to provide documentation and specifically and carefully designate what he wants blacked out and why. Instead, he waves his scepter and declares everything he does as beyond the reach of the branches that used to be equal branches.
    Trump's concept of the presidency needs weakening. He has declared himself above the law and beyond the reach of the legislative and judicial branches.
    Trump welcomed Rusian interference in 2016 and he seeks more foreign interference in this one. That cannot be allowed.
    Gibberish!

4. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    It's near 60 degrees here but it's been raining for 40 years. Lol

I can see water on the fairway and sixth hole from my deck. Maybe by Monday it will dry out...unless it rains more.

Spring training starts in about three weeks.Baseball makes the world right.

"The men in the stands grow old but the men on the field are forever young." Bart Giamatti.

A grain of salt goes well with this forum. It's all small stuff, Frank, even politics. Family is what counts.
    A loud AMEN to all of these thoughts, Earl.

It definitely is all small stuff.

Cabin fever has gotten to me more this year than in previous ones. I just cannot wait to get out again. I've been mentally practicing a new swing that I saw suggested on the Golf Channel. It will be my 468th new swing...and, unfortunately, I bring all 468 out to the course with me every day...and often try 6 or 8 of 'em in a round. My only consistency these days...is my inconsistency.

I work at a county course. We have five courses in our system...each in better shape than most of the private courses in our area. The one I work at opens last...probably not until mid- to late March. But one of the perks is that I get to play all five free...at any time.

Soon...soon.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

5. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Chicken View Post
    My point stands...No attack is necessary
    Your point doesn't stand just because you say so.

The GAO is literally called the Government Accountability Office.

Just like the cowards in the Senate, you think that by refusing to be held to account for anything means you've done nothing wrong.

Your childhood was probably filled with participation trophies and constant maternal reassurance.

I bet your next step is to say that it's an opinion you think you're entitled to.

Guess what? You're not entitled to your opinion. Entitlements are earned and opinions are not.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

6. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Your point doesn't stand just because you say so.

The GAO is literally called the Government Accountability Office.

Just like the cowards in the Senate, you think that by refusing to be held to account for anything means you've done nothing wrong.

Your childhood was probably filled with participation trophies and constant maternal reassurance.

I bet your next step is to say that it's an opinion you think you're entitled to.

Guess what? You're not entitled to your opinion. Entitlements are earned and opinions are not.
    No my point still stands.. each branch of government has their own constitutional limits and functions (see separation of powers). This includes government agencies.

I love it when you attempt to use your psychic powers to predict a response. It is almost worth the $1.80 per minute.

7. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No my point still stands.. each branch of government has their own constitutional limits and functions (see separation of powers). This includes government agencies
    What is the job of the GAO, then?

8. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It*isnt Judicial verdicts.. they are a part of the legislative branch. Use google lazy

9. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Start here
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/despite...le-11579726123

10. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It*isnt Judicial verdicts.. they are a part of the legislative branch. Use google lazy
    Funny...it seems like you don't even know what the GAO does. Maybe you should use Google, Lazy. I know what the GAO does, you clearly don't, but have been faking this whole time.

11. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,602 Times in 9,274 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

No it isn't idiot... several husbands WITH consent of their spouses would be arrested if that was the case.
    We're talking about Trump bragging about sexually assaulting women who are strangers.
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

12. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,174 Times in 10,392 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CherubRam View Post
    The leader of Ukraine informed the Democrats that Trump was investigating them.
    Let’s see the quote.

13. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LOL!

Nah, start here:

Our processes for reports, testimonies, and legal decisions; how we serve Congress; and our role as an audit institution.
    https://www.gao.gov/about/

Eat shit and die, traitor.

14. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Wow, talk about a lazy fucking nobody. You have no fucking idea what you're talking about, and it really shows. What a fucking joke. Time for another sock eh?

Legal Decisions

GAO’s Office of the General Counsel regularly issues legal decisions and opinions regarding federal bid protests, appropriations law, and other legal matters.
    Bid Protests: A bid protest is a challenge to the terms of a solicitation or the award of a federal contract. GAO adjudicates and decides these challenges. Learn more about our bid protest work.

Appropriations Law: We issue legal opinions and decisions to Congress and federal agencies on the use of, and accountability for, public funds, including ruling on potential violations of the Antideficiency Act. Learn more about our appropriations law work.

Other Legal Work: We also conduct other legal work—such as reviewing how federal agencies comply with the Congressional Review Act and the Federal Vacancies Reform Act. Learn more about our other legal work.

Members of Congress can log into our Watchdog website for Congress (accessible through the congressional computer network) to learn more about sending us request letters for an appropriations law decision or other legal work.

https://www.gao.gov/about/what-gao-d...gal-decisions/

15. #180 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Wow, talk about a lazy fucking nobody. You have no fucking idea what you're talking about, and it really shows. What a fucking joke. Time for another sock eh?

Legal Decisions

GAO’s Office of the General Counsel regularly issues legal decisions and opinions regarding federal bid protests, appropriations law, and other legal matters.
    Bid Protests: A bid protest is a challenge to the terms of a solicitation or the award of a federal contract. GAO adjudicates and decides these challenges. Learn more about our bid protest work.

Appropriations Law: We issue legal opinions and decisions to Congress and federal agencies on the use of, and accountability for, public funds, including ruling on potential violations of the Antideficiency Act. Learn more about our appropriations law work.

Other Legal Work: We also conduct other legal work—such as reviewing how federal agencies comply with the Congressional Review Act and the Federal Vacancies Reform Act. Learn more about our other legal work.

Members of Congress can log into our Watchdog website for Congress (accessible through the congressional computer network) to learn more about sending us request letters for an appropriations law decision or other legal work.

https://www.gao.gov/about/what-gao-d...gal-decisions/
    Nope-https://blogs.managementconcepts.com/executive-agencies-always-bound-comptroller-general-gao-appropriation-law-decisions/