Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Republicans attacking real heroes, AGAIN!!!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Default Republicans attacking real heroes, AGAIN!!!

Republicans have become a disgrace.

Lt. Col. Vindman's attorney calls GOP Sen. Marsha Blackburn's attack a 'testament to cowardice'
    Don't call into question the patriotism of a Purple Heart recipient and expect to walk away unscathed.

On Thursday, Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) tweeted several inflammatory things about Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, the director of European Affairs for the White House National Security Council. Vindman was on President Trump's July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, and while testifying before House impeachment investigators, Vindman said he was troubled by Trump's request that Ukraine open an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden, and knew he had to inform superiors.

During the afternoon's impeachment proceedings, Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) called Vindman an "American patriot," which led to Blackburn tweeting, "How patriotic is it to badmouth and ridicule our great nation in front of Russia, America's greatest enemy?"

Vindman's lawyer David Pressman reacted swiftly, saying in a statement, "This difficult moment in our country calls for seriousness and seriousness of purpose. Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman has sacrificed enormously for our country. He believes in our country. And he believes in our country's great institutions, including the United States Senate." Vindman served in the Iraq War, and received a Purple Heart for injuries he sustained in an IED attack.

- ADVERTISEMENT -

"That a member of the Senate — at a moment when the Senate is undertaking its most solemn responsibility — would choose to take to Twitter to spread slander about a member of the military is testament to cowardice," Pressman continued. "While Sen. Blackburn fires off defamatory tweets, Lt. Col. Vindman will continue to do what he has always done: serve our country dutifully and with honor."

2. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-24-2020)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-24-2020), jimmymccready (01-24-2020), Phantasmal (01-24-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Republicans have become a disgrace.
    Why is this guy some kind of hero for leaking [where would The Resistance be without their army of leakers?] details of an innocuous conversation between two world leaders?

Recall that there’s nothing in the transcript that is illegal on its face. You can only ‘get there’ by reading things into words like ‘favor’ that may only exist in the imagination of the reader. Trumps authority to *ask* another foreign leader to open an investigation is unassailable.

Also, you have to make a logical leap to get from A) asking for an investigation to B) election meddling.

And that leap is made problematic by the suspicious little arrangement with both Biden’s and Burisma in Ukraine. IOW, how can anyone rule out the possibility that Trump’s concern was first and foremost about corruption—if it was, then whatever political benefit he obtained from it was a sidebar.

And, Joe Biden’s own fault, for permitting such an obvious conflict of interest to exist in Ukraine.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-24-2020), Earl (01-24-2020), Grokmaster (01-24-2020)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,674 Times in 17,931 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Any military person is to be respected for serving honorably. The other aspects of his/her life are open to critique.

I served but I am open to criticism just like anyone else.

His behavior in the House was despicable, demanding that he be called by his rank by a civilian.
    He is trying to remove a sitting president elected by the American people and he is fair gane.

This thread is a failure.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earl For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-24-2020), jimmymccready (01-24-2020)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,163 Times in 33,863 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,085 Times in 4,701 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Why is this guy some kind of hero for leaking [where would The Resistance be without their army of leakers?] details of an innocuous conversation between two world leaders?

Recall that there’s nothing in the transcript that is illegal on its face. You can only ‘get there’ by reading things into words like ‘favor’ that may only exist in the imagination of the reader. Trumps authority to *ask* another foreign leader to open an investigation is unassailable.

Also, you have to make a logical leap to get from A) asking for an investigation to B) election meddling.

And that leap is made problematic by the suspicious little arrangement with both Biden’s and Burisma in Ukraine. IOW, how can anyone rule out the possibility that Trump’s concern was first and foremost about corruption—if it was, then whatever political benefit he obtained from it was a sidebar.

And, Joe Biden’s own fault, for permitting such an obvious conflict of interest to exist in Ukraine.
    Innocent conversation, you’re such a Trump parrot. You obviously didn’t watch the trial. It was all laid out very succinctly.

9. The Following 3 Users Groan At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-24-2020), Earl (01-24-2020), PostmodernProphet (01-24-2020)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-24-2020)

11. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Innocent conversation, you’re such a Trump parrot. You obviously didn’t watch the trial. It was all laid out very succinctly.
    You have no clue as to what anyone on this forum watched or did not watch.

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why is this guy some kind of hero for...
    For serving with honor, and for being wounded during that service. No one in trump's family has ever served in the US military, and I doubt anyone in his family ever will.

13. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-24-2020)

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-24-2020), John Barron (01-24-2020), Phantasmal (01-24-2020)

15. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Well, I admit to not watching Schiff spill his sanctimonious bile for hours on end lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-24-2020)

17. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,163 Times in 33,863 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,085 Times in 4,701 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, I admit to not watching Schiff spill his sanctimonious bile for hours on end lol.
    It shows, Trump parrot.

18. The Following 2 Users Groan At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-24-2020), Earl (01-24-2020)

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-24-2020), John Barron (01-24-2020)

20. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    You were just lecturing us on how open you are to criticism.

21. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-24-2020)

22. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    No, there was nothing in the conversation that was illegal on its face. Yet, it was leaked.

Maybe you can point out the illegal part.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-24-2020), Earl (01-24-2020)

24. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You were just lecturing us on how open you are to criticism.
    You need lecturing...and an English Grammar Book...and a calendar.
    Last edited by Earl; 01-24-2020 at 05:50 AM.

25. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

Walt (01-24-2020)

26. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Evidently, very few did.

Lol

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earl For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-24-2020), Darth Omar (01-24-2020)

28. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

For serving with honor, and for being wounded during that service. No one in trump's family has ever served in the US military, and I doubt anyone in his family ever will.
    Pay attention. Anyone who served honorably is due respect for their service. Their civilian life is open to criitisism.

Do you understand now?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Darth Omar (01-24-2020)

30. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 Times in 10,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

“I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you're surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it.”

“The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that [b]Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it...It sounds horrible to me.”

“The former ambassador from the United States, the woman, was bad news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad news so I just want to let you know that.....

Well, she's going to go through some things. I will have Mr. Giuliani give you a call and I am also going to have Attorney General Barr call and we will get to the bottom of it. I'm sure you will figure it out.”

31. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    “I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you're surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it.”

“The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that [b]Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it...It sounds horrible to me.”

“The former ambassador from the United States, the woman, was bad news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad news so I just want to let you know that.....

Well, she's going to go through some things. I will have Mr. Giuliani give you a call and I am also going to have Attorney General Barr call and we will get to the bottom of it. I'm sure you will figure it out.”
    Thanks for the copy and paste lol.

What does your imagination tell you about Trump’s intent?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (01-24-2020)