Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 87 Senators Voted For Ukraine Aid, Objected to Halt, But Now Want No Evidence Why

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,669 Times in 17,927 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello anatta,

Any independent person of reason and loyalty to the USA would find themselves in the company of Democrats.

Republicans supported the military aid to Ukraine until Trump found out some Ukrainians saw through his alternative facts. Do they know they are at the whims of a petulant xenophobe?
    Anatta appears to have a better grasp ot the geo-politics of the Ukraine than you, Snowflake,

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Don't ask, Don't tell"

Has now become ...

"Don't ask why the aid was halted, and Don't Tell the press how your really feel about Trump."
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-23-2020)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-23-2020)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    you know it's hard to actually have a conversation with you guys exchanging monkey gifs and childish insults interrupting threads
    Thanks MOM!

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,683 Times in 27,327 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Donbass is basically Russian with Russian lingua franca, and industrial/economic ties to Russia.
    The population that lives there is overwhelmingly Russian.
    Let them settle their own border - us providing lethal arms actually prolongs the war.

We have a NATO presence in the Black Sea -any "incident" is a trip wire to war
    Donbass is traditionally majority ethnic Ukrainian, but many Ukranians there speak Russian as their primary language. In the same way large parts of Los Angeles county has Spanish as a primary language. Making Donbass a Russophilic region, but not majority ethnic Russian

You and the Kremlin unfortunately do not have the moral authority to wax poetic about the rights of independence movements in the former USSR. The Kremlin fought two brutal and bloody wars to keep the majority Muslim Chechens from establishing independence for the Chechen Republic

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

anatta (01-23-2020), Phantasmal (01-23-2020)

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Donbass is traditionally majority ethnic Ukrainian, but many Ukranians there speak Russian as their primary language. In the same way large parts of Los Angeles county has Spanish as a primary language. Making Donbass a Russophilic region, but not majority ethnic Russian
    if you say so,then Russians have to be very close in population. From what I know a lot of the population works in Russia as well. but "Russophillic" it is then
    Whatever teh population the separatists won the vote - and whatever the value of the vote it's
    certainly a BAD IDEA to prolong that war by arming the Ukriane militias.

If we've learned nothing else, then it's a bad mistake to get into foreign civil war
    (like arming the FSA in Syria)

You and the Kremlin unfortunately do not have the moral authority to wax poetic about the rights of independence movements in the former USSR. The Kremlin fought two brutal and bloody wars to keep the majority Muslim Chechens from establishing independence for the Chechen Republic
    by now you should understand I do not do "moral authority" in foreign policy.
    It's a bad addition to realpolitik the relationship is all that counts

This has been bad news since we meddled in the Euromaidan, effectively starting that police riot
    which cause Poro. to threaten the lease, which caused the annexation,
    which drove NATO into the middle of the Black Sea.

Get out of it. it's not our war. Obama had the best policy of defensive non-lethal weapons
    Last edited by anatta; 01-23-2020 at 10:25 AM.

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

87 Senators Voted For Ukraine Aid, Objected to Halt, But Now They Want No Evidence Why The Aid Was Withheld.

They asked about it, they expressed concern when they found out about the hold.

But everybody knows why they no longer care why the aid was withheld.

If they question it, they run afoul of President Trump.

And they are afraid to do that.

All the Republicans live in fear of being insulted on twitter by the President.

If the President goes against you, you are doomed in the Republican party. He rules by tweet.

Isn't it amazing the about-face turn-around the Republican Senate did on the Aid to Ukraine?

First they are for it, they approved it, they voted for it. Then, they were very concerned when it was withheld, very relieved when it was released.

And now they have an opportunity to vote to see evidence explaining exactly what happened, and they are turning it down.

No.

They don't want to see evidence.

Because Trump doesn't want them to.

Now, I ask you.

How many innocent individuals fight to keep evidence which might prove their innocence from being seen?

Innocent people don't do that. That's what GUILTY people do.

"Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell praised the Trump administration’s release of the funds, saying: “It would have been a mistake to hold back our assistance to the brave people of Ukraine. Doing so would have undermined our partners in Ukraine and Eastern Europe and further emboldened the Kremlin.

It was one of several disputes recently between Trump and members of Congress, including some of his fellow Republicans as well as Democrats, over his administration’s decision to sidestep congressional approval to fund its own policy initiatives.

Lawmakers from both parties had said they expected Congress would pass legislation to reinstate the aid for Ukraine if the administration had not released the money. "

Reuters Sept 12 2019
    The aid wasn't halted you fucking liar. Can libs ever advance their anti-American agenda, without lying? Evidently not.
    Every life matters

10. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Earl (01-24-2020)

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Donbass = Putin expansionism.

Trying to rebuild the USSR, one Crimea at a time.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Donbass = Putin expansionism.

Trying to rebuild the USSR, one Crimea at a time.
    simplistic . Russian troops are not in Donbass.
    It's much more a civil war between the Kyiv, and eastern factions (separatists)

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anatta,

simplistic . Russian troops are not in Donbass.
    It's much more a civil war between the Kyiv, and eastern factions (separatists)
    Yeah right. Not buyin it. It's common knowledge Russia is fighting Ukraine over that region. They took Crimea and they are trying to take Donbass. Why would anybody in their right mind want to be part of Russia when they could be in a free state with an exciting fresh new young anti-corruption government?

Must be some real high power propaganda at work there.

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,334 Times in 8,493 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Obvious question, why was the plank condemning Russia's invasion of the Crimean removed from the Republican party platform? It is almost like trump owed Putin something.

15. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-24-2020)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-23-2020)

17. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

87 Senators Voted For Ukraine Aid, Objected to Halt, But Now They Want No Evidence Why The Aid Was Withheld.

They asked about it, they expressed concern when they found out about the hold.

But everybody knows why they no longer care why the aid was withheld.

If they question it, they run afoul of President Trump.

And they are afraid to do that.

All the Republicans live in fear of being insulted on twitter by the President.

If the President goes against you, you are doomed in the Republican party. He rules by tweet.

Isn't it amazing the about-face turn-around the Republican Senate did on the Aid to Ukraine?

First they are for it, they approved it, they voted for it. Then, they were very concerned when it was withheld, very relieved when it was released.

And now they have an opportunity to vote to see evidence explaining exactly what happened, and they are turning it down.

No.

They don't want to see evidence.

Because Trump doesn't want them to.

Now, I ask you.

How many innocent individuals fight to keep evidence which might prove their innocence from being seen?

Innocent people don't do that. That's what GUILTY people do.

"Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell praised the Trump administration’s release of the funds, saying: “It would have been a mistake to hold back our assistance to the brave people of Ukraine. Doing so would have undermined our partners in Ukraine and Eastern Europe and further emboldened the Kremlin.

It was one of several disputes recently between Trump and members of Congress, including some of his fellow Republicans as well as Democrats, over his administration’s decision to sidestep congressional approval to fund its own policy initiatives.

Lawmakers from both parties had said they expected Congress would pass legislation to reinstate the aid for Ukraine if the administration had not released the money. "

Reuters Sept 12 2019

IF HOLDING AID FROM UKRAINE FOR A COUPLE MONTHS IS AN "AGGREGIOUS THREAT TO OUR NATIONAL SECURITY" (even though it DID NOT EFFECT THEIR ACCESS to JAVELIN MISSILES)...what THE FUCK WAS THIS?

OIUTRIGHT TREASON??? MORE OF OBAMA's KOWTOWING TO PUTIN...AT THE RISK OF OUR "NATIONAL SECURITY"...RIGHT STALIN-O-CRATS?

OBAMA REFUSED ANY LETHAL AID TO HELP THE UKRAINIANS REPEL THE RUSSIAN INVADERS AT ALL...UNLIKE PRES. TRUMP....the STALIN-O-CRATS' CLAIMS JUST GET MORE AND MORE RIDICULOUS

FROM 2014...after the "More flexibility promise" :

Obama Won’t Arm Ukraine Because He Led the Disarming of Ukraine

Rich’s excellent column on Obama’s fecklessness in the face of Putin’s Ukraine aggression notes that the president has resisted not only causing real pain to Russia’s economy but providing the Ukrainian military with the weapons it needs to defend its sovereign territory and defeat Putin’s thugs. On the latter, Charles Krauthammer made similar observations here.

Meanwhile, the Daily Beast’s Eli Lake reports that among the defensive assets our government has denied Ukraine is “radar jamming and detection equipment necessary to evade and counter [Russian] anti-aircraft systems.” Last month, when it became clear that Moscow was providing the anti-aircraft systems to the Russia-backed rebels, Kiev asked this equipment. Last week, one of those systems was used to shoot down Malaysian Airlines Flight 17, killing 298 people.

I do not think the president’s opposition to arming Ukraine is explained by his intentional American decline, his stated desire that the conflict not escalate (as if Ukrainian weakness somehow discourages Putin’s aggression), or the risible suggestion—advanced by Obama’s former secretary of state, Hillary Clinton—that Russian operatives shooting planes out of the sky is Europe’s problem.

We should be arming the Ukrainians not only because it is in our national interest to repel Putin’s ambitions, but also because we are the ones who disarmed the Ukrainians. Yet, that goes a long way toward explaining the president’s reluctance: as I’ve pointed out before, the American government official who was at the forefront of disarming Ukraine was none other than Senator Barack Obama. The Daily Mail had the report back in March:

As a U.S. senator, Barack Obama won $48 million in federal funding to help Ukraine destroy thousands of tons of guns and ammunition – weapons which are now unavailable to the Ukrainian army as it faces down Russian President Vladimir Putin during his invasion of Crimea. In August 2005, just seven months after his swearing-in, Obama traveled to Donetsk in Eastern Ukraine with then-Indiana Republican Senator Dick Lugar, touring a conventional weapons site. The two met in Kiev with President Victor Yushchenko, making the case that an existing Cooperative Threat Reduction Program covering the destruction of nuclear weapons should be expanded to include artillery, small arms, anti-aircraft weapons, and conventional ammunition of all kinds. After a stopover in London, the senators returned to Washington and declared that the U.S. should devote funds to speed up the destruction of more than 400,000 small arms, 1,000 anti-aircraft missiles, and more than 15,000 tons of ammunition.

A press release from then-Senator Lugar’s office included then-Senator Obama’s puerile proclamation that eliminating Ukraine’s stocks of conventional weapons would ensure “the safety of the Ukrainian people and people around the world, by keeping them out of conflicts around the world.” Rearming Ukraine now would underscore how wrong he was. That political embarrassment is a big reason why he refuses to do what needs to be done.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...ew-c-mccarthy/

DEFEND THIS SHIT, LEFTNINNIES....^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

Earl (01-24-2020)

19. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Walt,

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Obvious question, why was the plank condemning Russia's invasion of the Crimean removed from the Republican party platform? It is almost like trump owed Putin something.
    Oh, that's funny. Didn't see that. Trump's really got them wrapped around his middle finger.

Amazing they never figured out if you play with fire you get burned.

Will the post-Trump era be the smoking remains of the Republican party?

They're all diggin their graves supporting this guy. Sooner or later the truth is coming out and all the dirt will be exposed. No way they're gonna be able to rewrite history on this one. This is worse than Nixon. They guy is the most selfish and immature President ever. And lousy at policy.

We have to get rid of Trump to save the climate, the number one issue for all humans, and naturally he gets it wrong.

20. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-24-2020)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Walt (01-24-2020)

22. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Walt,

Oh, that's funny. Didn't see that. Trump's really got them wrapped around his middle finger.

Amazing they never figured out if you play with fire you get burned.

Will the post-Trump era be the smoking remains of the Republican party?

YEAH..MUST BE WHY TRUMP BOMBED THE RUSSIANS' ASSES IN SYRIA...AND ARMED UKRAINE...UNLIKE THE OBMAIDIOT..MEANWHILE:

FROM 2014...after the "More flexibility promise" :

Obama Won’t Arm Ukraine Because He Led the Disarming of Ukraine

Rich’s excellent column on Obama’s fecklessness in the face of Putin’s Ukraine aggression notes that the president has resisted not only causing real pain to Russia’s economy but providing the Ukrainian military with the weapons it needs to defend its sovereign territory and defeat Putin’s thugs. On the latter, Charles Krauthammer made similar observations here.

Meanwhile, the Daily Beast’s Eli Lake reports that among the defensive assets our government has denied Ukraine is “radar jamming and detection equipment necessary to evade and counter [Russian] anti-aircraft systems.” Last month, when it became clear that Moscow was providing the anti-aircraft systems to the Russia-backed rebels, Kiev asked this equipment. Last week, one of those systems was used to shoot down Malaysian Airlines Flight 17, killing 298 people.

I do not think the president’s opposition to arming Ukraine is explained by his intentional American decline, his stated desire that the conflict not escalate (as if Ukrainian weakness somehow discourages Putin’s aggression), or the risible suggestion—advanced by Obama’s former secretary of state, Hillary Clinton—that Russian operatives shooting planes out of the sky is Europe’s problem.

We should be arming the Ukrainians not only because it is in our national interest to repel Putin’s ambitions, but also because we are the ones who disarmed the Ukrainians. Yet, that goes a long way toward explaining the president’s reluctance: as I’ve pointed out before, the American government official who was at the forefront of disarming Ukraine was none other than Senator Barack Obama. The Daily Mail had the report back in March:

As a U.S. senator, Barack Obama won $48 million in federal funding to help Ukraine destroy thousands of tons of guns and ammunition – weapons which are now unavailable to the Ukrainian army as it faces down Russian President Vladimir Putin during his invasion of Crimea. In August 2005, just seven months after his swearing-in, Obama traveled to Donetsk in Eastern Ukraine with then-Indiana Republican Senator Dick Lugar, touring a conventional weapons site. The two met in Kiev with President Victor Yushchenko, making the case that an existing Cooperative Threat Reduction Program covering the destruction of nuclear weapons should be expanded to include artillery, small arms, anti-aircraft weapons, and conventional ammunition of all kinds. After a stopover in London, the senators returned to Washington and declared that the U.S. should devote funds to speed up the destruction of more than 400,000 small arms, 1,000 anti-aircraft missiles, and more than 15,000 tons of ammunition.

A press release from then-Senator Lugar’s office included then-Senator Obama’s puerile proclamation that eliminating Ukraine’s stocks of conventional weapons would ensure “the safety of the Ukrainian people and people around the world, by keeping them out of conflicts around the world.” Rearming Ukraine now would underscore how wrong he was. That political embarrassment is a big reason why he refuses to do what needs to be done.

WHO'S PUTIN's BITCH, AGAIN, WHO WAS POTUS WHEN CRIMES WAS CEDED??? FORGET THAT "LITTLE DETAIL", DIPSHITS.

THE LYING LEFT ALWAYS ACCUSES EVERYONE ELSE OF WHAT THEY THEMSLEVES ARE GUILTY OF....ALWAYS.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

Earl (01-24-2020)

24. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello anatta,

Yeah right. Not buyin it. It's common knowledge Russia is fighting Ukraine over that region. They took Crimea and they are trying to take Donbass. Why would anybody in their right mind want to be part of Russia when they could be in a free state with an exciting fresh new young anti-corruption government?

Must be some real high power propaganda at work there.
    ROFL..not buying it -and you can't even differentiate Crimea annexation from the war??
    The RUSSIAN SEPARATIST look to Russia much more then Kyiv based Ukraine
    Why would anybody in their right mind want to be part of Russia when they could be in a free state
    Because they consider themselves of Russian origin, speak Russian and some work in Russia as well

25. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Earl (01-24-2020)

26. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anatta,

ROFL..not buying it -and you can't even differentiate Crimea annexation from the war??
    The RUSSIAN SEPARATIST look to Russia much more then Kyiv based Ukraine Because they consider themselves of Russian origin, speak Russian and some work in Russia as well
    I'm sure the Russians found some sympathizers who have made enemies in Ukraine, but I don't for a minute believe Russia is some innocent bystander. Russia is as corrupt as a nation gets and Putin would not hesitate to expand his empire.