Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 87 Senators Voted For Ukraine Aid, Objected to Halt, But Now Want No Evidence Why

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default 87 Senators Voted For Ukraine Aid, Objected to Halt, But Now Want No Evidence Why

87 Senators Voted For Ukraine Aid, Objected to Halt, But Now They Want No Evidence Why The Aid Was Withheld.

They asked about it, they expressed concern when they found out about the hold.

But everybody knows why they no longer care why the aid was withheld.

If they question it, they run afoul of President Trump.

And they are afraid to do that.

All the Republicans live in fear of being insulted on twitter by the President.

If the President goes against you, you are doomed in the Republican party. He rules by tweet.

Isn't it amazing the about-face turn-around the Republican Senate did on the Aid to Ukraine?

First they are for it, they approved it, they voted for it. Then, they were very concerned when it was withheld, very relieved when it was released.

And now they have an opportunity to vote to see evidence explaining exactly what happened, and they are turning it down.

No.

They don't want to see evidence.

Because Trump doesn't want them to.

Now, I ask you.

How many innocent individuals fight to keep evidence which might prove their innocence from being seen?

Innocent people don't do that. That's what GUILTY people do.

"Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell praised the Trump administration’s release of the funds, saying: “It would have been a mistake to hold back our assistance to the brave people of Ukraine. Doing so would have undermined our partners in Ukraine and Eastern Europe and further emboldened the Kremlin.

It was one of several disputes recently between Trump and members of Congress, including some of his fellow Republicans as well as Democrats, over his administration’s decision to sidestep congressional approval to fund its own policy initiatives.

Lawmakers from both parties had said they expected Congress would pass legislation to reinstate the aid for Ukraine if the administration had not released the money. "

Reuters Sept 12 2019
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-23-2020)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cypress (01-23-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hypocrites by fear.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-23-2020)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

“It would have been a mistake to hold back our assistance to the brave people of Ukraine. Doing so would have undermined our partners in Ukraine and Eastern Europe and further emboldened the Kremlin.”
    nevermind it's a BAD IDEA to fight a proxy war on Russia's border -
    the AID WAS RELEASED IN THE FISCAL YEAR

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,654 Times in 17,915 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    87 Senators Voted For Ukraine Aid, Objected to Halt, But Now They Want No Evidence Why The Aid Was Withheld.

If the President goes against you, you are doomed in the Republican party. He rules by tweet.

Isn't it amazing the about-face turn-around the Republican Senate did on the Aid to Ukraine?

First they are for it, they approved it, they voted for it. Then, they were very concerned when it was withheld, very relieved when it was released.

And now they have an opportunity to vote to see evidence explaining exactly what happened, and they are turning it down.

No.

Now, I ask you.

How many innocent individuals fight to keep evidence which might prove their innocence from being seen?

"Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell praised the Trump administration’s release of the funds, saying: “It would have been a mistake to hold back our assistance to the brave people of Ukraine. Doing so would have undermined our partners in Ukraine and Eastern Europe and further emboldened the Kremlin.

It was one of several disputes recently between Trump and members of Congress, including some of his fellow Republicans as well as Democrats, over his administration’s decision to sidestep congressional approval to fund its own policy initiatives.

Lawmakers from both parties had said they expected Congress would pass legislation to reinstate the aid for Ukraine if the administration had not released the money. "

Reuters Sept 12 2019
    Executive privilege in national security matters, Snowflake.

Have a literate person explain it.

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hypocrites by fear.
    Why are you fearful, Snowflake?

Boo!

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The "overwhelming " evidence by the House Democrats should suffice.

It is the duty of the Senate to evaluate that evidence, not produce it for the lazy Dems.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anatta,

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    nevermind it's a BAD IDEA to fight a proxy war on Russia's border -
    the AID WAS RELEASED IN THE FISCAL YEAR
    Why is it a bad idea to stand with an ally against a common adversary?

11. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-23-2020)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Hello anatta,

I just have one question!

Why are you trying to reason with ANATTA or EARL?

13. The Following User Groans At Adolf_Twitler For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-23-2020)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

John Barron (01-23-2020)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anatta,

The same could be asked of the left about their support for a common adversary...the state sponsor of terrorism, Iran.

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post

He is afraid to respond to me, Snowflake.

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,611 Times in 11,609 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

No.

Now, I ask you.

Reuters Sept 12 2019
    Nice try sport but the so called evidence has been out there of months. You really must enjoying the Washington Big Top it's all smoke and mirrors.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Earl (01-23-2020)

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,625 Times in 9,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    Nice try sport but the so called evidence has been out there of months. You really must enjoying the Washington Big Top it's all smoke and mirrors.
    Usually you wait till a trial is complete before making a decision.
    Not before it begins.
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Hello anatta,

Donbass is basically Russian with Russian lingua franca, and industrial/economic ties to Russia.
    The population that lives there is overwhelmingly Russian.
    Let them settle their own border - us providing lethal arms actually prolongs the war.

We have a NATO presence in the Black Sea -any "incident" is a trip wire to war
    Kissinger: “demonization of Vladimir Putin is not a policy; it is an alibi for the absence of one.”
    ________

Cold War 2.0 Russia hysteria is turning people’s brains into guacamole.
    We’ve got to find a way to snap out of the propaganda trance
    ________

Buddha: "trust the person who seeks truth and mistrust the person who claims he has found it "
    1.2.3.4.5.6.7. All Good Children Go to Heaven

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,611 Times in 11,609 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MASON View Post
    Usually you wait till a trial is complete before making a decision.
    Not before it begins.
    Not with this Democrat party. Trump was guilty before they even started the enquiry. Now lets make the evidence fit the crime. LOL

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Adolf_Twitler,

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post

Standing up for what is right means I only converse with one of them, and I am happy to dispute anti-Americanism even if it is presented in a civil manner.

Asking why we should come to the aid of an ally in a strategic location, which was voted on by an overwhelming majority of the Senate is like asking if we should care about our own country.

Which, apparently, Republicans place second behind their own party.

And that begs of the question: "What good is having party power in a nation whose power becomes subservient to dictator Putin?"

23. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Adolf_Twitler (01-23-2020)