Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: This trial goes one of two ways...

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,238 Times in 7,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Please call Shiff, please!!! I think that would back fire on you. You need witnesses that exonerate Trump. Republicans know calling Shiff would be a waste. They won’t do it.
    My guess is they want nothing to do with tangling ass with Adam Schiff. A guy as cool and intelligent as Schiff is their worst nightmare.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-22-2020)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,238 Times in 7,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

The truly sad thing about this entire issue is to see how easy it is for a scumbag like Trump to take such complete control of the Republican Party.

Sad!
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-22-2020)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    The truly sad thing about this entire issue is to see how easy it is for a scumbag like Trump to take such complete control of the Republican Party.

Sad!
    It is also incredible how quickly they all fell in line. It shocked me when Ted Cruz rolled over.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Frank Apisa (01-22-2020)

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,607 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think you are wrong. It can go a third way. It can end with a vote to acquit after a hearing. In about a month.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Celticguy (01-22-2020)

9. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Please call Shiff, please!!! I think that would back fire on you. You need witnesses that exonerate Trump. Republicans know calling Shiff would be a waste. They won’t do it.
    Well Schiff claimed that it was standard for the FBI to falsify documents and withold others from the FISA court id like him to expand on that more.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tsuke For This Post:

Celticguy (01-22-2020)

11. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    Or he won't be removed and will be re elected.

America will sit back and do nothing as if their hands are tied.
    I do think at this point the Dems have made sure that he will be reelected.

They again put forth weak candidates and for some reason think that their choice to run on the Dem ticket should be as far to the left as they can get. Their treatment of Sanders could potentially blow up in their face again.

12. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Jarod,

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    The Republicans could refuse to allow witnesses next week and then vote to dismiss, that would end it. The Republicans may likely pay a big price for that., and I suspect some are unwilling to support it, will there be four who are unwilling? This may also be what the Democrats secretly hope will happen, setting up the argument going into the election that Republicans can’t be trusted to protect us from a radical and unstable Trump. That argument won’t work on the die hard Trumppers, but what about the moderates?

Then there is option 2. Less likely than what I’ve outlined above, but it’s possible 4 Republicans vote to allow witnesses, like Bolton and Mulvaney. The result would be a months long protracted slug fest in and out of the courts, with an unpredictable result sometime much closer to November. The effect on the election would by much less predictable. The unpredictability for both sides is why I think they will go for option one.

The American people deserve, either way it swings the pendulum, to have all the facts, and thus we deserve option two! The Senators crave preservation of their power so we will more likely get option 1.
    The facts were the first thing sacrificed.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

13. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    You are okay with it, Trump* says he is okay with it...

Why are these horrible Senators so against it? I mean the ones who are coordinating with Trump*, the ones who say they are working with him every step of the way, why not just give the Democrats witnesses? Then the ReTuks can say they truly gave a detailed trial and still found him to be fully innocent of the charges... Why not?
    Why didn't the House finish their investigation if they still wanted to hear from others?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-23-2020)

15. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It is also incredible how quickly they all fell in line. It shocked me when Ted Cruz rolled over.
    Totally shocking. I mean, ALL of the Democrats are going into this with a completely open and unbiased mind set. Right? LMAO

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-23-2020)

17. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    My guess is they want nothing to do with tangling ass with Adam Schiff. A guy as cool and intelligent as Schiff is their worst nightmare.
    Im thankful i didnt have anything in my mouth when i saw that as it would have blown out of my mouth at great speed.
    That was intended as sarcasm, right ?
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

18. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

It’s so bogus, the Trumpublicans are trying to get this over with before the State of the Union, so Trump can do a victory lap for his cult. If it’s still hanging over his head, he won’t get to do that and he’ll be very unhappy.
    Trump? Happy?

He couldn't grasp the concept.

Incapable.

Not in his vocabulary.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-22-2020)

20. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LMAO... oh no. It would not be a waste. They would destroy Schiff. He would have to explain all the contact with the Whistleblower that he had prior to the official filing of the 'complaint' He would also have to explain why it is one of the transcripts was listed as 'SECRET' and thus is not still released. Just imagine if the President authorizes it's classification removed or adjusted to only ACTUAL classified info being redacted.

We already know Schiff has lied repeatedly. But will he do it under oath?

21. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    why would any one watch the spitting on Democracy that the president will spew in that speech
    To be informed about his perception of what's going on.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-22-2020)

23. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Jarod,

The facts were the first thing sacrificed.
    True. The Democrats have fought hard to keep facts out of this.

24. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I think you are wrong. It can go a third way. It can end with a vote to acquit after a hearing. In about a month.
    Once Quid Pro Joe had the nom locked up.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.