Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: So who wants witnesses

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Chicken View Post
    That is why we have the courts.. why didn't the lazy house challenge?
    The Dems tried to use the courts after trump ordered McGahn not to comply with a subpoena. How'd that work out for them?

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Well, Trump said today he wanted to hear from Bolton, so that’s out.

The witness thing is up to Democrats and whether they’re willing to risk putting Hunter on the stand in exchange for Bolton.

What do you suppose they fear?
    I don't think they fear anything. They know HB is irrelevant to their case.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

The current unity issue with Democrats over Hunter Biden.

This morning they were ‘mulling over it’ but Shifty was denouncing it this afternoon. Democrats also keep citing the poll numbers that favor witnesses—but it’s likely people are wanting to hear ALL witnesses and not just the witnesses Democrats want.

At any rate, if there are no witnesses [and that ball is in the Democrats court] this should be over quick.
    It is amazing that people can sit and listen to 12 hours of detailed reasons the witnesses and evidence are important to this case and then vote to have no witnesses and no evidence.

That only happens when people are in fear of being tweet-shamed.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-22-2020)

5. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Which is his right lol.

If we make invoking executive privilege an impeachable offense—we are going to see a lot more impeachments. Probably will anyway, after this.
    At what point has the administration invoked executive privilege? When has the president said he doesn't have to comply because executive privilege allows him not to? I don't recall Trump ever using those words.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Many Republicans want witnesses. ALL witnesses lol.

Democrats are harping about witnesses even though they balk at Hunter Biden appearing. Nadler said Hunter was off the table so witnesses are at an impasse as it stands.

I don’t think there should be any more witnesses as a matter of principle. It’s clear to everyone, by now, that the articles were ‘a rushed job’ and never should have been voted on to begin with. The House [under control of either party] shouldn’t be allowed to send an incomplete investigation over to the Senate and expect the Senate to complete it for them. Or well, if they do send them, it won’t be with the expectation that the Senate will play along.

I think the Senate has a responsibility to preserve the sanctity of the impeachment process, IOW. And yes, I think it’s much more important than what is even alleged against Trump. Trump will be gone at some point, the bit with Hunter and Ukraine was going to come up, sooner or later, but we’ll have to live with ‘easy impeachments’ for decades, if Democrats are allowed to get away with this.
    Hunter did not witness nor was involved whatsoever in Trump's abuse of power or obstruction of Congress.

Next

7. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-22-2020)

8. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    What do you think Bolton can provide that isn’t already known
    You must be referring to Trump's extortion attempt. Thanks for admitting it's a known.

9. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    But he hasn’t invoked executive privilege his lawyers lied. Also, some requested documents were released under FOIA, how is that possible if Trump has claimed executive privilege. This is just another distraction. Also, remember the Supreme Court ruling on Nixon and executive privilege.
    Did the WH invoke executive privilege? When exactly?

10. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

70% of America wants a real trial with witnesses and evidence.
    Democrats should be ready to yield on Hunter Biden and Eric Ciaramella with those kind of poll numbers.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

11. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Isn't it amazing how Darth Omar lies about everything?
    He's not alone. The RWers on this forum are consistent liars.

12. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Southern Chicken,

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Chicken View Post
    That is why we have the courts.. why didn't the lazy house challenge?
    Oh, how convenient. Throw it all into the courts to be dragged out for years and years? And the reason this is unacceptable is somehow not understood?

13. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty. There is Zero evidence that Zelensky was threatened. There is no need for rebuttal witnesses.

However, there is evidence that Biden & Obobo threatened Poroshenko. BTW, did "the billion dollar man" ever prosecute Burisma like Obobo wanted?
    Neither Biden nor Obama have been impeached nor are on trial, you fucking idiot.

14. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    I don't think they fear anything. They know HB is irrelevant to their case.
    But it’s relevant to the defense’s case.

The trial is supposed to be fair, right?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

15. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Innocence need not be proven, presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Why do the Dems. need additional anything if their case was “ overwhelming” when they sent it?
    It is overwhelming to those willing to examine the facts. That excludes idiots of your magnitude and the Republican pussies in the Senate.

16. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Well, Trump said today he wanted to hear from Bolton, so that’s out.

The witness thing is up to Democrats and whether they’re willing to risk putting Hunter on the stand in exchange for Bolton.

What do you suppose they fear?
    You should have listened to more of what Trump said today.

Trump said he would block their testimony. He said he would like to hear from them but it would be a national security issue, so he would have to block it.

"But Trump then argued that he could assert executive privilege to try to block the witnesses if called saying it could be a national security risk if they shared private conversation they had with the president."

Trump, today: "I would rather go the long way. I would rather interview Bolton. I would rather interview a lot of people. The problem with John is, that it’s a national security problem"

17. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It’s not ‘if’ the articles were rushed and incomplete they *were* rushed and incomplete.

If they weren’t, no new witnesses would be needed. That’s not a ‘Trump talking point’ it’s a simple fact.
    Here's the way it works in real trials. When a person is indicted based on existing evidence, any additional evidence discovered AFTER the indictment can still be offered at trial. That's the case here, dumbfuck. More information is becoming available almost every day. IN ADDITION to the evidence sufficient to impeach.

Comprende, moron?