Thread: So who wants witnesses

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm Zenz View Post
    So what honest reason do Republicans have to block Bolton doesn this just destroy their credibility with honest people? if there are any left in the usa https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...eachment-trial
    The USA is the greatest nation on earth

its why Putin bought the entire republican party in an attempt to KILL AMERICA

2. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-22-2020)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

If the articles were rushed and incomplete, and the Senate has a chance to do a more thorough job of discovery, but rejects it in favor of a quick judgement, there goes that 'rush job' argument.

It was always obvious you are not interested in justice. You wanna believe the lies and continue the farce of President Trump. The American voters are taking note.
    It’s not ‘if’ the articles were rushed and incomplete they *were* rushed and incomplete.

If they weren’t, no new witnesses would be needed. That’s not a ‘Trump talking point’ it’s a simple fact.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (01-22-2020)

5. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    It’s not ‘if’ the articles were rushed and incomplete they *were* rushed and incomplete.

If they weren’t, no new witnesses would be needed. That’s not a ‘Trump talking point’ it’s a simple fact.
    Please name all the impeachments (and there have been far more impeachments than those of Presidents,) where there were no witnesses at the trial.

Because it is my understanding that every impeachment trial to date has had witnesses.

But hey. Republicans have control over this trial. They have complete freedom to make the biggest sham they desire out of it.

And Democrats control the House. They have complete freedom to bring as many impeachments as they see fit.

This is only Trump's first impeachment.

Plenty of time for more.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

So the House should call Bolton and then send him over to take the stand in the Senate. That could happen.
    And why didn’t the House simply wait for Bolton before voting lol?

The answer is so obvious people would have to be blind not to see it: Democrats wanted their Trump impeachment and they weren’t going to be deprived of it. Send weak articles to the Senate that don’t stand a chance of conviction—didn’t matter, Democrats wanted to ‘impeach the Mother F*er’ and were going to do it at any cost.

I advocate making them pay the highest cost possible.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (01-22-2020)

8. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

The answer is so obvious people would have to be blind not to see it: Democrats wanted their Trump impeachment and they weren’t going to be deprived of it. Send weak articles to the Senate that don’t stand a chance of conviction—didn’t matter, Democrats wanted to ‘impeach the Mother F*er’ and were going to do it at any cost.

Um, no, that was only one Democrat who said that. If you wish to hold an entire party responsible for the words of one person then you are doing your own understanding of reality a disservice.

But don't worry, if you're approaching the understanding of this situation all wrong.

Democrats have the power, the chance, and the responsibility to impeach President Donald John Trump as many times as are appropriate.

You may have more chances to get it right!

This is only Trump's FIRST impeachment trial.

If at first you don't succeed try try again.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-22-2020)

10. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,787 Times in 33,645 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

A House Intelligence Committee official later said in a statement that a lawyer for Bolton notified the panel that "Mr. Bolton would take us to court if we subpoenaed him."
    We would welcome John Bolton's deposition and he did not appear as he was requested today," the official said. "We regret Mr. Bolton's decision not to appear voluntarily, but we have no interest in allowing the Administration to play rope-a-dope with us in the courts for months."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...-part-of%3famp

The need to do this quickly involves wanting to stop Trump’s criming and also to keep the American public engaged.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-22-2020)

12. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    A House Intelligence Committee official later said in a statement that a lawyer for Bolton notified the panel that "Mr. Bolton would take us to court if we subpoenaed him."
    We would welcome John Bolton's deposition and he did not appear as he was requested today," the official said. "We regret Mr. Bolton's decision not to appear voluntarily, but we have no interest in allowing the Administration to play rope-a-dope with us in the courts for months."

The need to do this quickly involves wanting to stop Trump’s criming and also to keep the American public engaged.
    Newsflash: Trump is still ‘criming’ lol.

There are people who really believe this stuff?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (01-22-2020)

14. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Um, no, that was only one Democrat who said that. If you wish to hold an entire party responsible for the words of one person then you are doing your own understanding of reality a disservice.

But don't worry, if you're approaching the understanding of this situation all wrong.

Democrats have the power, the chance, and the responsibility to impeach President Donald John Trump as many times as are appropriate.

You may have more chances to get it right!

This is only Trump's FIRST impeachment trial.

If at first you don't succeed try try again.
    Another impeachment circus will ensure that these sulking Dems who can’t get over the fact that Hillary lost will ensure that they will remain the minority party in perpetuity...Snowflake.

15. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm Zenz View Post
    So what honest reason do Republicans have to block Bolton doesn this just destroy their credibility with honest people? if there are any left in the usa https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...eachment-trial
    Why did the House block witnesses? Why did the House not get Bolton if the Dems wanted him so bad?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

Earl (01-22-2020)

17. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    I and most democrats are open to any witness either side wishes to call. You my brain dead friend, will make any excuse you can to keep them from appearing.
    So you think the Democrats in the House allowed all witnesses the Reps wanted?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

Earl (01-22-2020)

19. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    They are going to pretend they want witnesses as long as they possibly can, until they have to decide whether to have witnesses or not.

I guarantee you the Republicans will be instructed to vote no on witnesses when the rubber meets the road.
    Again Garud... why didn't Pelosi and Schiff get all of the witnesses they wanted in front of the House? Why did they stop short? Why did they fail the American public?

Why did Schiff block the transcript release of Attkinson testimony? Why did Schiff lie about his involvement with the whistleblower? Why are the Dems hiding key information?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

Earl (01-22-2020)

21. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    How do you prove guilt or innocence without witness testimony, my sweetest.
    The House called all the witnesses they wanted, then they concluded their investigation and voted. Then Pelosi sat on the articles of impeachment for 2 weeks. So why did the House move so fast if they had other witnesses they wanted to hear from?

22. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I liked the idea of letting Roberts decide which witnesses are material, but Trumpublicans are afraid of that option because they know Hunter Biden is an immaterial witness.
    Personally I think Hunter would be a waste of time as he is immaterial. Ciaramella, Misko, Schiff... Bolton, Mulvaney, etc... Call them all.

23. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Dems in the House can “want” til Hell freezes over but the Republicans are showing unity and they have the votes.

This circus will end shortly.

24. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LMAO... so the Dems FAILED to use the checks and balances and then turn around and pretend that Trump 'obstructed' them.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

Earl (01-22-2020)