Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So who wants witnesses

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 5 Posts

Default So who wants witnesses

So what honest reason do Republicans have to block Bolton doesn this just destroy their credibility with honest people? if there are any left in the usa https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...eachment-trial
    De l'audace, encore de l'audace, toujours de l'audace et la Patrie sera sauvée!

2. The Following User Groans At Wilhelm Zenz For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-22-2020)

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wilhelm Zenz For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-22-2020), Guno צְבִי (01-22-2020), Phantasmal (01-22-2020), PoliTalker (01-22-2020), ThatOwlWoman (01-22-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,004 Times in 8,268 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm Zenz View Post
    So what honest reason do Republicans have to block Bolton doesn this just destroy their credibility with honest people? if there are any left in the usa https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...eachment-trial
    If trump were as innocent as Republicans claimed, you would think Republicans would want as many witnesses as possible.

5. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-22-2020)

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-22-2020), Micawber (01-22-2020), Phantasmal (01-22-2020), ThatOwlWoman (01-22-2020)

7. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    If trump were as innocent as Republicans claimed, you would think Republicans would want as many witnesses as possible.
    Many Republicans want witnesses. ALL witnesses lol.

Democrats are harping about witnesses even though they balk at Hunter Biden appearing. Nadler said Hunter was off the table so witnesses are at an impasse as it stands.

I don’t think there should be any more witnesses as a matter of principle. It’s clear to everyone, by now, that the articles were ‘a rushed job’ and never should have been voted on to begin with. The House [under control of either party] shouldn’t be allowed to send an incomplete investigation over to the Senate and expect the Senate to complete it for them. Or well, if they do send them, it won’t be with the expectation that the Senate will play along.

I think the Senate has a responsibility to preserve the sanctity of the impeachment process, IOW. And yes, I think it’s much more important than what is even alleged against Trump. Trump will be gone at some point, the bit with Hunter and Ukraine was going to come up, sooner or later, but we’ll have to live with ‘easy impeachments’ for decades, if Democrats are allowed to get away with this.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anatta (01-22-2020), Callinectes (01-22-2020), cancel2 2022 (01-23-2020), Earl (01-22-2020), Truth Detector (01-23-2020)

9. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm Zenz View Post
    What do you think Bolton can provide that isn’t already known

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Earl (01-22-2020), Truth Detector (01-23-2020)

11. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    They don’t know, exactly lol.

Nobody knows what Hunter or the WB would say. Think about that. Imagine having an actual trial where witnesses take the stand that neither side has deposed.

This is not the way it’s supposed to work.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Truth Detector (01-23-2020)

13. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,004 Times in 8,268 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    The Republicans have control over this, so if a few of them join Democrats, we will have witnesses. If not, we know Republicans did not want witnesses.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-22-2020)

15. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Democrats are harping about witnesses even though they balk at Hunter Biden appearing. Nadler said Hunter was off the table so witnesses are at an impasse as it stands.

I don’t think there should be any more witnesses as a matter of principle. It’s clear to everyone, by now, that the articles were ‘a rushed job’ and never should have been voted on to begin with. The House [under control of either party] shouldn’t be allowed to send an incomplete investigation over to the Senate and expect the Senate to complete it for them. Or well, if they do send them, it won’t be with the expectation that the Senate will play along.

I think the Senate has a responsibility to preserve the sanctity of the impeachment process, IOW. And yes, I think it’s much more important than what is even alleged against Trump. Trump will be gone at some point, the bit with Hunter and Ukraine was going to come up, sooner or later, but we’ll have to live with ‘easy impeachments’ for decades, if Democrats are allowed to get away with this.
    What it comes down to my dear, all you excuses aside, it that you and you kind fear any witnesses who will tell the truth.

16. The Following User Groans At floridafan For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-23-2020)

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

domer76 (01-22-2020), PoliTalker (01-22-2020)

18. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They don’t know, exactly lol.

Nobody knows what Hunter or the WB would say. Think about that. Imagine having an actual trial where witnesses take the stand that neither side has deposed.

This is not the way it’s supposed to work.
    I and most democrats are open to any witness either side wishes to call. You my brain dead friend, will make any excuse you can to keep them from appearing.

19. The Following User Groans At floridafan For This Awful Post:

20. The Following User Says Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

Micawber (01-22-2020)

21. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,614 Times in 21,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

When the rubber hits the road, Trump* does not want witnesses. He can say all he wants he did want witnesses, but when the time came he blinked.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Micawber (01-22-2020), PoliTalker (01-22-2020)

23. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    A person they used to respect, giving direct evidence of the president’s crimes live on television.

So far we’ve had people nobody ever heard of giving direct evidence of the presidents crimes, but a Die hard Republican doing it is different.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-22-2020), Micawber (01-22-2020)

25. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 179 Times in 168 Posts

Bring all the witnesses in. Even bring in Katie Johnson see what she has to say.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to John Barron For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-22-2020)

27. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Precisely.

28. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You are lying again my dear, Democrats are willing to allow Hunter Biden to testify in exchange for John Boltons testimony. You gotta agree that's more than fair, but you will do everything you can to fight it.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

30. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    You are lying again my dear, Democrats are willing to allow Hunter Biden to testify in exchange for John Boltons testimony. You gotta agree that's more than fair, but you will do everything you can to fight it.
    They are going to pretend they want witnesses as long as they possibly can, until they have to decide whether to have witnesses or not.

I guarantee you the Republicans will be instructed to vote no on witnesses when the rubber meets the road.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

32. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    They are going to pretend they want witnesses as long as they possibly can, until they have to decide whether to have witnesses or not.

I guarantee you the Republicans will be instructed to vote no on witnesses when the rubber meets the road.
    Isn't it amazing how Darth Omar lies about everything?

33. The Following User Groans At floridafan For This Awful Post: