Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple question for all the Trump defenders and apologists:

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Default Simple question for all the Trump defenders and apologists:

Can a president solicit foreign election interference?

Should an American president be able to ask for foreign interference in U.S. elections with impunity?

In his now infamous phone call, Trump asked Zelensky to "do a favor," to "look into" Joe Biden. After the transcript of the call was released, Trump from the lawn of the White House said publicly that "China should start an investigation into the Bidens." Shortly there after, Trump added to "Zelensky, if it were me, I would recommend that they start an investigation into the Bidens."

Now the only answer offered to that question is that Trump was supposedly looking to expose corruption, which is about as lame as it gets.

For three years, nothing, but in an election year we are supposed to believe now Trump is focus on corruption, especially incredulous given that the only supposed corruption he is concerned with is that of a political rival. Never any problems with any of his autocratic buddies unscrupulous behavior yet still receiving our aid, not even exposed shadiness in his own Administration, but now the Ukraine bothers Trump. Did I mention lame?

So tell us there Trumpkins, can a president solicit foreign election interference?

2. The Following User Groans At archives For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-23-2020)

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

Adolf_Twitler (01-22-2020), christiefan915 (01-22-2020), Cypress (01-22-2020), domer76 (01-22-2020), Iolo/Penderyn (01-23-2020), Micawber (01-23-2020), Phantasmal (01-21-2020), PoliTalker (01-22-2020), signalmankenneth (01-21-2020), ThatOwlWoman (01-21-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

A president can investigate corruption especially from older admins.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tsuke For This Post:

Celticguy (01-22-2020), Earl (01-23-2020), Life is Golden (01-21-2020), RB 60 (01-22-2020), Truth Detector (01-21-2020)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

also i remember some black dood telling russia to wait till after the election since he would ahve more flexibility.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tsuke For This Post:

Life is Golden (01-21-2020), RB 60 (01-22-2020), Saudade (01-21-2020), Truth Detector (01-21-2020)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Only with an R

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-21-2020)

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Only with an R

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Should an American president be able to ask for foreign interference in U.S. elections with impunity?

In his now infamous phone call, Trump asked Zelensky to "do a favor," to "look into" Joe Biden. After the transcript of the call was released, Trump from the lawn of the White House said publicly that "China should start an investigation into the Bidens." Shortly there after, Trump added to "Zelensky, if it were me, I would recommend that they start an investigation into the Bidens."

Now the only answer offered to that question is that Trump was supposedly looking to expose corruption, which is about as lame as it gets.

For three years, nothing, but in an election year we are supposed to believe now Trump is focus on corruption, especially incredulous given that the only supposed corruption he is concerned with is that of a political rival. Never any problems with any of his autocratic buddies unscrupulous behavior yet still receiving our aid, not even exposed shadiness in his own Administration, but now the Ukraine bothers Trump. Did I mention lame?

So tell us there Trumpkins, can a president solicit foreign election interference?

When did Trump ask Zelensky to do him a favor and look into Joe Biden? That isn't in the transcript. What's with all the Adam Schiff lies?

Has Biden won the Democratic Party of the Jackass nomination? I don't think so. It's rather stupid and presumptuous to assume this is about 2020.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    also i remember some black dood telling russia to wait till after the election since he would ahve more flexibility.
    Obama open mic slip: 'After my election I have more flexibility' to bend over for him.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Only with an R
    Apparently only if they have a "D". Dumbass.

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Neither the Ukraine nor China can interfere with out elections.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

Truth Detector (01-21-2020)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    When did Trump ask Zelensky to do him a favor and look into Joe Biden? That isn't in the transcript. What's with all the Adam Schiff lies?

Has Biden won the Democratic Party of the Jackass nomination? I don't think so. It's rather stupid and presumptuous to assume this is about 2020.
    As I've said, always entertaining, now "truthie" denies Trump said "I would like you to do us a favor ...... find out what happened," plus, "the other thing (Bidens) if you could look into it," but "truthie" tells us Trump never said any of it

And the Trump team had identified Biden as the top rival long before Trump's plot, and it is noticeable that you never addressed the question of why Biden is the only individual named, and it took three years for Trump to become supposedly interested now in Biden's role, strange, why suddenly this year, there were prior aid packages

17. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

ZappasGuitar (01-22-2020)

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Obama open mic slip: 'After my election I have more flexibility' to bend over for him. ]
    You can tell the Trumpkins are coming up short when they regurgitate the same lame video over and over again, ah, was Obama asking for Russia's aid in his election effort in that video? Was he asking for Russia to investigate a political rival?

Next

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

domer76 (01-22-2020), Micawber (01-23-2020)

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Neither the Ukraine nor China can interfere with out elections.
    Did Russia do it in 2016?

If a foreign entity, upon request by a rival, starts looking for dirt on an American running for election, dirt which can be employed to float all kinds of inneundos against that candidate in a campaign, that entity isn't playing a role in our election?

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

False premise.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Truth Detector (01-23-2020)

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

False premise.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Truth Detector (01-23-2020)

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,611 Times in 7,328 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,966 Times in 1,782 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    False premise.
    In what way?
    What kind of country have we become?

One in which federal prosecutors can take “evidence” before a “grand jury,”

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?