Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Man stabs, kills pro-Trump boss, drapes American flag over him, deputies say

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,581 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 92 Times in 88 Posts

Default Man stabs, kills pro-Trump boss, drapes American flag over him, deputies say

A construction worker with anti-government beliefs is accused of fatally stabbing his boss, who was a “proud and outspoken American and pro-Donald Trump,” according to an Orange County sheriff’s arrest affidavit.

Mason Trever Toney, 28, was arrested Monday on murder charges in the death of his boss, William Knight, 28.

The fatal stabbing was reported at 10:45 a.m. at a construction site at Exit 254 of Florida’s Turnpike near State Road 528.

According to the arrest affidavit, a 911 caller reported that his coworker, identified as Toney, stabbed and killed their boss.

Deputies said they found Knight dead next to an excavator with a brand new American flag over the side of his body. Witnesses said Toney was spotted carrying a backpack, which likely was carrying the flag, according to the affidavit.

Witnesses said Toney and Knight were friends outside of the workplace, and Knight picked up Toney earlier in the day. Witnesses said Toney and Knight got into an argument, possibly over the opposing views of the U.S. government.

According to the affidavit, Toney is very outspoken about his beliefs and has said the government is out to get him.

Witnesses said they heard Knight yell for help and saw Toney repeatedly stabbing him with a trowel, according to the affidavit.

Deputies said witnesses tried to stop the attack and threw things at Toney, who jumped into a truck and drove away while calling the witnesses “terrorists.”

Toney was later taken into custody in Brevard County and placed under arrest.

Toney is being held in Orange County without bond.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/lo...-deputies-say/

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ziggy For This Post:

Bigdog (01-21-2020), Micawber (01-22-2020), Truth Detector (01-21-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Anti-gub'mint, libertarian goofball.

BTW, they had been friends since childhood.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

evince (01-22-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Murder is not appropriate but perhaps a good thrashing of Trumpers meets the mark.

They would like to do it to anti-Trumpers, but the nutless sacks are not man enough.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Anti-gub'mint, libertarian goofball.

BTW, they had been friends since childhood.
    wait, so now you're saying that those who kill pro trump people are anti government libertarians????????
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    Murder is not appropriate but perhaps a good thrashing of Trumpers meets the mark.

They would like to do it to anti-Trumpers, but the nutless sacks are not man enough.
    This happened very near where I live, so it's been on the local news a lot.

The two of them had been friends for most of their lives and the guy who died, was the job foreman and had gotten him the job and drove him to and from work every day.

Probably a little bit more than politics going on there.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-22-2020), ThatOwlWoman (01-21-2020)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    wait, so now you're saying that those who kill pro trump people are anti government libertarians????????
    That's what they're reporting.

He had strong anti-gub'mint views and had stated that the gub'mint was out to get him.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-21-2020)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That's what they're reporting.

He had strong anti-gub'mint views and had stated that the gub'mint was out to get him.
    ok, now i'm really confused..........are you now saying that libertarians are just murder happy thugs who will kill anyone? because a couple months ago I was accused of being a solid trump ally because of my libertarianism..........so which is it?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

ok, now i'm really confused..........are you now saying that libertarians are just murder happy thugs who will kill anyone? because a couple months ago I was accused of being a solid trump ally because of my libertarianism..........so which is it?
    Both.

Just because most libertarians love Trump does not mean they don't hate the gub'mint enough to kill another Trumper in an argument.

And as I've pointed out twice, they were lifelong friends in a boss/underling relationship.

It's very possible that something personal rather than political was going on between them

The dead guy got him the job, probably bottom rung, and drove him to and from work.

Maybe some envy and resentment at play.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

jimmymccready (01-21-2020)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

so all your tripe is really just libertarian hatred.............why do you hate freedom?

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

so all your tripe is really just libertarian hatred.............why do you hate freedom?
    Why do you love to post like a truth hating idiot?

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why do you love to post like a truth hating idiot?
    from what i've seen here today, i'm not the one hating truth................but whatever

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

from what i've seen here today, i'm not the one hating truth................but whatever
    Look, I've said that it's very possible the killing had nothing to do with politics.

What more do you want?

If they were friends since childhood, there must've been something else going on between them.

Nobody knows but the killer.

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Only you are saying that, StY. Go read it again.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They briefly spoke to the victim's mother on the local news yesterday. She was clutching her son's yellow safety vest to her chest and while talking, she lost it. Started crying and buried her face into her husband's chest, sobbing. Another young gal in the background crying, too. I even got choked up.

Oddly enough, just the day before, a very similar thing happened an hour away in Daytona Beach. Just like in this case, a young-ish man is stabbed to death at a motel he'd moved into so he could be closer to work, by a friend he'd known since childhood.

Very strange and sad.

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

This happened very near where I live, so it's been on the local news a lot.

The two of them had been friends for most of their lives and the guy who died, was the job foreman and had gotten him the job and drove him to and from work every day.

Probably a little bit more than politics going on there.
    If the accused believes the government is out to get him, obviously there are some psych problems there.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Nomad (01-21-2020)