Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Thread: This is how you do a protest

1. #271 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Woko Haram View Post
    Switzerland is kind of a joke regarding guns. You can get a gun easier than in many other nations there, but your ammo has to be locked away. You're basically just allowed to have a paperweight.
    But you are allowed to take out your ammo to defend yourself if someone is breaking into your house.

2. #272 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    But you are allowed to take out your ammo to defend yourself if someone is breaking into your house.
    Sure, but you can't have an armed weapon outside of your home. That kind of defeats about half of the purpose of having a gun.

Defending your home is important, but it's also good to be able to defend yourself outside of it, if that becomes necessary.

3. #273 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Woko Haram View Post
    Sure, but you can't have an armed weapon outside of your home. That kind of defeats about half of the purpose of having a gun.

Defending your home is important, but it's also good to be able to defend yourself outside of it, if that becomes necessary.
    I'm pretty sure it's legal to carry a loaded gun, it just can't be loaded with the state-issued bullets from military service. Which is kinda weird.

4. #274 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm pretty sure it's legal to carry a loaded gun, it just can't be loaded with the state-issued bullets from military service. Which is kinda weird.
    In most cases, you're not allowed to carry a loaded gun in public. It's generally limited to people working in security there. They do have a significant cultural history of hunting, so presumably, you could walk around with a hunting rifle, but only on the way to a hunt.

This explains some of the details of how it's handled. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firear...#Carrying_guns

5. #275 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Then we should work on improving red flag laws, not just eliminate them altogether.
    what do you recommend???
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #276 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah, and the percentage of people killed by immigrants is minuscule, but we still screen immigrants before we let them in. We're a country of progress, we should be always trying to improve things.
    and if improving things infringes on the rights of people???? oh, wait...you don't believe in muh constitution.......never mind
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

7. #277 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The public owning more or less guns doesn't give the state more or less power.
    true........the single most important thing that gives the state more power is freedom haters like you who don't care about muh constitution

8. #278 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    true........the single most important thing that gives the state more power is freedom haters like you who don't care about muh constitution
    I don't hate freedom, I just know that muh constitution doesn't make or keep us free.

9. #279 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

and if improving things infringes on the rights of people???? oh, wait...you don't believe in muh constitution.......never mind
    Owning a gun shouldn't be considered a right. I'm fine with people who pass a background check owning certain types of guns, but I don't think owning a gun should be on the same level as free speech.

10. #280 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't hate freedom, I just know that muh constitution doesn't make or keep us free.
    well, you do have that right........at the least. as i stated before, the only thing that enforces the constitution is an armed populace...........pity that folks like you think that the populace can't fight the government

11. #281 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Owning a gun shouldn't be considered a right. I'm fine with people who pass a background check owning certain types of guns, but I don't think owning a gun should be on the same level as free speech.
    why? do you think government is more fitting to use guns than the people? tell me, how do people maintain the right to free speech if they can't keep that right with armed force against a government that wants to shut them up?

12. #282 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,615 Times in 17,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

"certain types"??? What types are they? Why?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

13. #283 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

why? do you think government is more fitting to use guns than the people? tell me, how do people maintain the right to free speech if they can't keep that right with armed force against a government that wants to shut them up?
    With checks and balances as well as democratic elections. For all the fear-mongering that more gun control will lead to less free speech, that hasn't happened in any of the Western countries. That's because owning guns does not have anything to do with maintaining free speech.

14. #284 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Then you should build a time machine, go back in time, and see if they'll change the Constitution to what you believe. I suspect they'll laugh you back to the present.

15. #285 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, unless you can pass an Amendment to repeal the 2nd, it is a right. Yes, rights do have limits, but because it is a constitutional right, said limits tend to be narrow.