Thread: Puerto Rico Governor Under Fire After Emergency Aid Found Sitting in Warehouse

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Default Puerto Rico Governor Under Fire After Emergency Aid Found Sitting in Warehouse

It's now been more than two years since Hurricane Maria devastated Puerto Rico, but residents are now outraged about a new report of much needed emergency aid found sitting in a warehouse. The island's emergency management director was reportedly fired on Saturday by Puerto Rico's New Progressive Party Governor Vázquez Garced, and two other officials have since been fired amid growing outrage over the discovery.

Puerto Ricans are furious after a Facebook live video went viral showing pallets of much needed emergency aid just sitting in a large warehouse. In the video, pallets of unused baby formula, diapers, food and fresh water were found sitting inside.

CBS News Reporter David Begnaud reports that Governor Vázquez Garced has now ordered all of the aid inside the warehouse to be distributed, and the governor denies knowing of the unused emergency aid prior to its recent discovery.

hen Secretary of Justice Vázquez Garced assumed the governorship following the resignation of Governor Ricardo Rosselló in July 2019. Rosselló, also a member of the New Progressive Party, was the first governor in Puerto Rico's history to resign from that office. Rosselló stepped down in the face of massive demonstrations and multiple allegations of government corruption. Puerto Ricans blamed the governor in part for the island's slow recovery in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria.

Puerto Rico has recently been stuck by a series of violent earthquakes, and President Trump has been criticized for implementing reforms on how Puerto Rico spends the U.S. relief funds it receives. The latest scandal seems to vindicate the president's
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronso...house-n2559761

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Earl (01-20-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

the place is a sh*thole, drowning in debt and loaded with corruption. Fla got about 750k new PR's that have moved here and aren't going back, and they are all mostly Dems. They could fuck us over come election.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    the place is a sh*thole, drowning in debt and loaded with corruption. Fla got about 750k new PR's that have moved here and aren't going back, and they are all mostly Dems. They could fuck us over come election.

your assertion that Bush was corrupt when he buried Katrina aid from overseas in land fills is correct

5. The Following 2 Users Groan At katzgar For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-20-2020), Earl (01-20-2020)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Anger erupted in Puerto Rico on Saturday after an online blogger posted a live video of the warehouse in the southern coastal city of Ponce filled with water bottles, cots, baby food and other basic supplies that had apparently been sitting there since Hurricane Maria battered the U.S. territory in September 2017.

The blogger, Lorenzo Delgado, said he had received a tip about the warehouse but did not specify when.
    A group of people broke into the warehouse and began distributing supplies to those affected by the recent 6.4 magnitude quake that killed one person and caused damage across Puerto Rico’s southern region. More than 7,000 people remain in shelters as strong aftershocks continue.

Ponce Mayor María Meléndez said she was outraged, noting that she and other mayors were trying to find basic supplies since the quake.

“I spent several days requesting cots and water,” she said. "They sent me to Cabo Rojo for the cots and to San Juan for the water. If I had known that those supplies were there, I would have demanded that they be taken out immediately. ”
    The removal of Housing Secretary Fernando Gil and Department of Family Secretary Glorimar Andújar came a day after the governor fired the director of Puerto Rico’s emergency management agency. Vázquez fired him hours after a Facebook video showed angry people breaking into the warehouse in an area where thousands have been in shelters since a recent earthquake.

“There have been actions by government officials that have been completely unacceptable,” the governor said Sunday.

Vázquez said she decided on the additional firings after meeting with leaders of her administration Sunday morning and officials were unable to provide information she requested about other collection and distribution centers.

“They weren’t able to personally tell me specifically where these centers were located, what they contained and whether an inventory was completed,” she said.

Vázquez did not elaborate on why Gil and Andújar were singled out, saying only that she had lost confidence in them.
    https://abcnews.go.com/International...akiin-68391046

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have family in P.R.

My nephew and his wife are both doctors who work in most of the hospitals. He says that they are operating normally.

P.R. is a small island and hurricanes and earthquakes have devastated a once beautiful island.

They are all American citizens and need assistance. I believe that President Trump has released billions in aid but if this progressive governor allows the aid supplies to sit in warehouses again, there will be a revolution.
    Last edited by Earl; 01-20-2020 at 06:12 AM.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    your assertion that Bush was corrupt when he buried Katrina aid from overseas in land fills is correct
    Look out, cat with diarrhoea about to unload!!

97160633-cat-taking-a-dump-crap-shit-poop-shitting-cat.jpg

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Earl (01-20-2020)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    your admission of irrelevancy is acknowledged......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (01-20-2020)