Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ia person is a complete butt hole.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,527 Times in 11,565 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Ia person is a complete butt hole.

If a person is a privately and publicly a complete butt hole can that person be an effective president? If not why? Please be precise in your reasons pro or con.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,288 Times in 27,096 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    If a person is a privately and publicly a complete butt hole can that person be an effective president? If not why? Please be precise in your reasons pro or con.
    I do not accept the premise underlying your question

The problem is not Trump being a jerk.

The problem is, by presidential standards, he is a pathological liar, very stupid, shockingly uniformed, and completely lacking the etiquette and temperament the office of the presidency calls for.

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Charoite (01-19-2020), christiefan915 (01-21-2020), domer76 (01-20-2020), evince (01-19-2020), Guno צְבִי (01-19-2020), Judy Johnstone (01-19-2020), Phantasmal (01-21-2020), signalmankenneth (01-19-2020), ThatOwlWoman (01-19-2020)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

The problem is, by presidential standards, he is a pathological liar, very stupid, shockingly uniformed, and completely lacking the etiquette and temperament the office of the presidency calls for.
    So you are saying that Trump is a nice guy just a bad president. LMAO

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

So you are saying that Trump is a nice guy just a bad president. LMAO
    he is an evil sociopath owned and operated by Putin you blind sociopathic dupe

6. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (01-20-2020)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Strange how someone you consider all those things, and I don't agree with you, could so handily kick the ass of someone your black boy said was the most qualified to ever run for the office.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Translation:

"I long for the days Republican Presidents let the left and MSM shit and piss on him without saying a word."

See; W Booosh

Thank God, those days are over.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

What a load of bullshit, Johnson was far worse!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

MAGA MAN (01-22-2020)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,787 Times in 32,153 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    What a load of bullshit, Johnson was far worse!!
    gosh what was wrong with Johnson?.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think we have to define "butt hole" first. What does that mean to most of us?

If we reach an agreement that "butt hole" = cruel, petty, weak, bullying, dishonest, cheating (in all senses of that word), rude, belligerent, unable to compromise, lacking in empathy then I would say no, that person is not a good person nor would he/she make a good leader in a modern ostensibly-free country like the U.S. Leading free people requires a lot of empathy -- understanding what issues they face and also how the opposition party feels about things. A good leader would ask him/herself: "How can I work with the other side to address these issues that concern our people?"

We haven't seen any of *that* around lately, at the top, eh?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

13. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (01-19-2020)

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (01-20-2020), evince (01-19-2020), Phantasmal (01-21-2020), signalmankenneth (01-19-2020)

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post

If we reach an agreement that "butt hole" = cruel, petty, weak, bullying, dishonest, cheating (in all senses of that word), rude, belligerent, unable to compromise, lacking in empathy then I would say no, that person is not a good person nor would he/she make a good leader in a modern ostensibly-free country like the U.S. Leading free people requires a lot of empathy -- understanding what issues they face and also how the opposition party feels about things. A good leader would ask him/herself: "How can I work with the other side to address these issues that concern our people?"

which is why I call them bot holes

16. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (01-19-2020)

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evince For This Post:

Cypress (01-20-2020), ThatOwlWoman (01-19-2020)

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You pretty much got his personality down. I disagree that that automatically makes him a bad president. In some aspects yes in others no.

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You pretty much got his personality down. I disagree that that automatically makes him a bad president. In some aspects yes in others no.
    his actions make him a bad president

the fact that Putin owns and operates his actions make him a bad president

20. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hmm, care to elaborate in what ways you believe that he is "good"?

The problem with being a narcissistic and weak person is that you have a constant need for attention and applause. You base your decisions not on what is good for the people you are leading, but on how your decisions will play to your supporters.

Let's use immigration as an example. A narcissistic and weak POTUS will whip his base into frenzies over illegal immigration, promise to build giant walls to protect them (and make the country of origin pay for it nyuck nyuck). He won't look at all the good people and positive attributes they've brought. He will focus on crime, disease, filth, skin color, language, etc. to promote fear and anger. He will tell them that judges who are U.S. citizens who are of that ethnicity cannot be fair because of their ethnic background. He will refuse to work with the other side to craft a sensible reform plan that will allow *some* immigrants to remain or enter, but not all because we must care for our own citizens first. When nothing works he will move on to the next Concern Du Jour and repeat the process.

This isn't leadership. It's a h.s. bully trying to stay popular by appealing to the worst instincts of his ever-shrinking fan club.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

22. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hmm, care to elaborate in what ways you believe that he is "good"?

The problem with being a narcissistic and weak person is that you have a constant need for attention and applause. You base your decisions not on what is good for the people you are leading, but on how your decisions will play to your supporters.

Let's use immigration as an example. A narcissistic and weak POTUS will whip his base into frenzies over illegal immigration, promise to build giant walls to protect them (and make the country of origin pay for it nyuck nyuck). He won't look at all the good people and positive attributes they've brought. He will focus on crime, disease, filth, skin color, language, etc. to promote fear and anger. He will tell them that judges who are U.S. citizens who are of that ethnicity cannot be fair because of their ethnic background. He will refuse to work with the other side to craft a sensible reform plan that will allow *some* immigrants to remain or enter, but not all because we must care for our own citizens first. When nothing works he will move on to the next Concern Du Jour and repeat the process.

This isn't leadership. It's a h.s. bully trying to stay popular by appealing to the worst instincts of his ever-shrinking fan club.
    One is the economy, unemployment, getting countries to cover some of the cost of our stationing troops to help protect them. Those are just a few things he is doing right.
    I don't like Trump but at least I'm willing to give credit where credit is due.

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

One is the economy, unemployment, getting countries to cover some of the cost of our stationing troops to help protect them. Those are just a few things he is doing right.
    I don't like Trump but at least I'm willing to give credit where credit is due.
    The economy was going gang-busters when he was sworn in. As far as the NATO/UN stuff, that could have been accomplished (if it was, which I seriously doubt) by any POTUS simply via negotiation and diplomacy, neither of which TRE45ON has a clue about.

Character matters. It matters whether you are merely an individual living a private life, or a CEO, or a POTUS. The higher you are in whatever hierarchy you find yourself, the more character matters. In the end, it matters more than wealth or place of birth or gender or appearance. Bluster and bullying can only take you so far.

25. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post: