Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ronald Reagan’s son says his father would be ‘embarrassed and ashamed’ of ‘traitorous

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    I didn't vote for Reagan or liked his policies.
    But he cared about the country,and not himself!
    Trump is scum,any sane moral person sees it.
    He cared about America when compared to Trump. Trump is always 100 percent for himself. Reagans Alzheimers probably predated the White House. He was carefully scripted while in office. press conferences (remember what those were?) were very narrow in scope. His staff worried that he would go off script and say something stupid. They had an astrologer on staff.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    He cared about America when compared to Trump. Trump is always 100 percent for himself. Reagans Alzheimers probably predated the White House. He was carefully scripted while in office. press conferences (remember what those were?) were very narrow in scope. His staff worried that he would go off script and say something stupid. They had an astrologer on staff.
    I think the Alzheimer's really kicked in after getting shot,and in the second term.
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,527 Times in 11,565 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    You have been misinformed and are making statements that are not true. There were three family members by Ronald Reagan's side when he died, Ron, Patti, and their mother Nancy. Michael Reagan arrived after the death, but before the death was made public. This was a bitter point between him and his adoptive step mother, but honestly, Nancy did not like him.

Michael Reagan makes some money off of stories about an adopted father he had less contact with than he claims.

"His wife of 52 years, Nancy Davis Reagan, and their two children, Ron Reagan and Patti Davis, were with him at 1:09 p.m. (4:09 p.m. ET) when he died at his home in the Bel Air district of Los Angeles. Michael Reagan, his adopted son from his first marriage to actress Jane Wyman, arrived at the home shortly before news of the death."
    https://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS...ain/index.html
    It really makes little difference who is correct. I notice you got most of your information from liberal or left leaning sources. It is your word against Michael Reagan as to his relationship with his adoptive father. Being a staunch conservative I know he was extremely unhappy with the liberal antics of his two children. And there was a huge rift in their relationship. I am sure he changed as the disease progressed. My FIL passed from Alzheimer's and it is an awful thing to live thru for the patient and family. As I stated believe what you will. I'll tend to believe more conservative sources.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,030 Times in 8,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    I think the Alzheimer's really kicked in after getting shot,and in the second term.
    The evidence is not conclusive, but there is some evidence that Alzheimer's is a slow process, not something that arrives suddenly. So Reagan may have had worsening Alzheimer's for decades. His inability to get names or facts straight may have been Alzheimer's early effects. It would have gradually gotten worse until it would be obvious in his 60's or 70's.

And there is the rub. No one gets the first signs of Alzheimer's in the 80's. Sometimes no one notices until the 80's, but the President would be observed to a greater extent. I think it is conclusive there was a cover up. He did not magically get Alzheimer's the day he left office.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    It really makes little difference who is correct.
    You start with a claim that I am completely wrong, and when it turns out I am right, you say it makes little difference. Why put out false information then?

The information about when people got married, and who was where is not liberal or conservative, it is just facts. Michael Reagan was the adopted child of a short lived marriage that Reagan moved on from. He had no relationship with the gatekeeper for Ronald Reagan, Nancy Reagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    Being a staunch conservative I know he was extremely unhappy with the liberal antics of his two children. And there was a huge rift in their relationship.
    Not everyone judges their family on their politics. You may reject children who are more moderate than you are, but that does not mean that Reagan did. The only rift I can clearly see is with Michael Reagan.

And remember that Michael Reagan has been a train wreck all his life. He was expelled from half a dozen schools, and has been arrested several times. He caused several scandals when he tried to sell access to his father, including to organized criminal elements. Ronald Reagan only made one speech distancing himself from a child, and that was in 1965 when Michael Reagan was trying to sell access to his adopted father to the son of a crime boss.

And when Michael Reagan came out as having been sexually abused as a child, his father never commented, and Nancy Reagan kept stressing that Michael Reagan was not part of her family.

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,527 Times in 11,565 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    You start with a claim that I am completely wrong, and when it turns out I am right, you say it makes little difference. Why put out false information then?

The information about when people got married, and who was where is not liberal or conservative, it is just facts. Michael Reagan was the adopted child of a short lived marriage that Reagan moved on from. He had no relationship with the gatekeeper for Ronald Reagan, Nancy Reagan.

Not everyone judges their family on their politics. You may reject children who are more moderate than you are, but that does not mean that Reagan did. The only rift I can clearly see is with Michael Reagan.

And remember that Michael Reagan has been a train wreck all his life. He was expelled from half a dozen schools, and has been arrested several times. He caused several scandals when he tried to sell access to his father, including to organized criminal elements. Ronald Reagan only made one speech distancing himself from a child, and that was in 1965 when Michael Reagan was trying to sell access to his adopted father to the son of a crime boss.

And when Michael Reagan came out as having been sexually abused as a child, his father never commented, and Nancy Reagan kept stressing that Michael Reagan was not part of her family.
    First off sport I never said you were right. But to go on and on over a subject that has no importance today is just tilting at windmills. Get it?

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    BULLSHIT. HE DISOWNED HIS FATHER IN THE 80's.

MAKEUP SOME MORE FUCKING LIES.
    Ron Reagan did not disown his father... EVER!!!

And here is what Ronald Reagan had to say about his son Ron:
    Tonite we went to the Lisner Auditorium for the benefit performance by the Joffrey Ballet. Ron is featured in much of it—the old show biz story. One of the principles strained a muscle & Ron replaced him. He was darn good. He has a grace that is remindful of Fred Astaire—a little extra flair that makes it all look easy.
    https://www.reaganfoundation.org/ron...ntry-05181981/

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Cypress (01-19-2020)