Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ronald Reagan’s son says his father would be ‘embarrassed and ashamed’ of ‘traitorous

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,666 Times in 16,592 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Nancy Reagan would call Trump deplorable.

When asked about considering a vote for Trump, Nancy Reagan would just say no.
    Just vote the president out in November if you are unhappy....

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Earl (01-19-2020), jimmymccready (01-19-2020)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,628 Times in 11,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

President Reagan was ashamed that his son turned out to be a card carrying liberal.

Who fucking cares what "Ron" thinks.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Life is Golden (01-19-2020)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,692 Times in 27,332 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    BULLSHIT. HE DISOWNED HIS FATHER IN THE 80's.

MAKEUP SOME MORE FUCKING LIES.
    The only one lying is you.

"Growing up, Ron Reagan Jr says, the two of them frequently argued about politics, especially when he was a teenager. But even through their disagreements, the pair remained very close, tied by the bonds of father and son."
    https://www.npr.org/2011/01/23/13308...-father-at-100

You are going to have to provide a link to a reputable source that Ron jr. hated and disowned his father
    .I believe it is common knowledge they disagreed politically, and like many families, had a complicated relationship. But I do not think there is any question Ron Jr over the long run loved his father.

More importantly, I cannot think of any other living person who knew Reagan as intimately as his son, and in a position to speak about him in this way

It wouldn't even cross my mind to lie about my parents; to intentionally misrepresent what I believe they stood for. Lying about my parents is a line it would not even occur to me to cross. It wouldn't matter if we disagreed politically.

It says more about conservative posters, it is revealing about the ethics of conservatives, that they would leap to the assumption and suggest that Ron Jr is lying about his father
    Last edited by Cypress; 01-19-2020 at 09:15 AM.

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,666 Times in 16,592 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    You are going to have to provide a link to a reputable source that Ron jr. hated and disowned his father
    .I believe it is common knowledge they disagreed politically, and like many families, had a complicated relationship. But I do not think there is any question Ron Jr over the long run loved his father.

More importantly, I cannot think of any other living person who knew Reagan as intimately as his son, and in a position to speak about him in this way

It wouldn't even cross my mind to lie about my parents; to intentionally misrepresent what I believe they stood for. Lying about my parents is a line it would not even occur to me to cross. It wouldn't matter if we disagreed politically.

It says more about conservative posters, it is revealing about the ethics of conservatives, that they would leap to the assumption and suggest that Ron Jr is lying about his father
    Excuse me.

You are aware that president Reagan had 7 children? Thus the above is incorrect.

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    Excuse me.

You are aware that president Reagan had 7 children? Thus the above is incorrect.
    I know Reagan had more children. I voted for Reagan, supported him, and was well aware of his biography. Did they know their father better than Ron Jr ? If not, my statement stands, and is both reasonable and accurate

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Reagan would have made sure Trump never would have been the candidate.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-19-2020)

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I know Reagan had more children. I voted for Reagan, supported him, and was well aware of his biography. Did they know their father better than Ron Jr ? If not, my statement stands, and is both reasonable and accurate
    I believe if you check Michael Reagan was closer to his father that Ron. But all the children were estranged at one time or the other.

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    And he would save his other bodily function for what has become of the Democrats lol?
    He did not like Dems, yes, but I think he would have disliked Trump far more. So deplorable.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-19-2020)

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Hello signalmankenneth,

Nobody would know better than Ron Reagan Jr.

I remember Reagan. He had morals. He was sincere. I disagreed with a lot of his decisions, but he had widespread popularity. Far more popular than Trump*. When he got caught lying he admitted it. He apologized to the America people. And he never got impeached.
    It amazes me that some folks have such a positive impression of Reagan. He apologized? Wow! He did not apologize for the policies we are still paying the price for today.

Reaganomics killed America's middle class
    https://www.salon.com/2014/04/19/rea...class_partner/
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

I believe you are mistaken. At most, you can say Reagan had five children (including one adopted child). Christine died within a day of birth, so that drops it down to four children. Maureen and Michael(the adopted one) stayed with Reagan's first wife, so that drops it down to two. Both Patti and Ron do not like trump much.

If you can name two other children, I would be interested to hear them. And I doubt you could claim that a baby that died within a day of birth knew Reagan's political thoughts intimately.

trump distributed a claim that Reagan felt like trump was more presidential. The reality is Reagan did not seem to like trump much. I am unsure what sort of crazy person would claim about themselves that Reagan had said they were more presidential than he was.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Tranquillus in Exile (01-19-2020)

17. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I believe if you check Michael Reagan was closer to his father that Ron. But all the children were estranged at one time or the other.
    It is possible one of his other children knew Reagan better than Ron Jr. But as the above post by Walt shows only Ron Jr and his sister Patti can plausibly have a claim of an intimate relationship with their father

I think Ron Jr is providing an honest opinion that his father would have despised Trump

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Cinnabar,

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    It amazes me that some folks have such a positive impression of Reagan. He apologized? Wow! He did not apologize for the policies we are still paying the price for today.

Reaganomics killed America's middle class
    https://www.salon.com/2014/04/19/rea...class_partner/
    He manned up when he got caught lying about the Iran Contra Scandal.

Trump never manned up to anything.

He doesn't even have it in him to man up and take the stand in his own defense.

Like Clinton did!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

19. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Hello Cinnabar,

He manned up when he got caught lying about the Iran Contra Scandal.

Trump never manned up to anything.

He doesn't even have it in him to man up and take the stand in his own defense.

Like Clinton did!
    One cannot compare anyone to Trump because he is a living breathing sniffing snorting disease, so none of this matters. They did what any at least half way human would have done. Trumps action are not a legit barometer of normal behavior.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

20. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I believe you are mistaken. At most, you can say Reagan had five children (including one adopted child). Christine died within a day of birth, so that drops it down to four children. Maureen and Michael(the adopted one) stayed with Reagan's first wife, so that drops it down to two. Both Patti and Ron do not like trump much.

If you can name two other children, I would be interested to hear them. And I doubt you could claim that a baby that died within a day of birth knew Reagan's political thoughts intimately.

trump distributed a claim that Reagan felt like trump was more presidential. The reality is Reagan did not seem to like trump much. I am unsure what sort of crazy person would claim about themselves that Reagan had said they were more presidential than he was.
    Wiki said 7 but like you I can only find 5. OK now that is out of the way just because Maureen and Michael lived with their mother Reagan and Wyman remained friends so I am sure he spent plenty of time with those two also. Both of Nancy's children were an embarrassment due to their liberal politics. Think about it you have two sons one you vehemently disagree with politically and the other you agree with politically, which will you tend to be closer to?