Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Officials want to clear a mile-long homeless camp on a Sonoma County bike trail. Some

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    This is on California, not the federal government. Liberal states are the only ones with huge homeless problems.
    This class is a fine example of complete horse shit. You must live in a bubble if you think there isn't bad homeless issues in red states. Try not being such a biased hack. At least in California you can help them. In places like Houston an ordinance was put in place that makes it near impossible for the heartfelt to help the homeless.

https://www.texasobserver.org/citing...-the-homeless/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Charoite For This Post:

Cypress (01-19-2020)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    If SF is in the Black why do they keep raising their taxes?

Doesn’t make any sense. They probably have good cash flow [with their tax rates I don’t know how they could keep from it] but you can still be underwater with good cash flow.
    Just because you spend a lot of money doesn't necessarily mean you are going to get good results. We take the attitude that our approach is correct and thus if it is not working we simply need more money. Therefore no matter how much we spend it is never enough.

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Or fiscally responsible lol.

What city or local government could possibly afford such a thing? Should they provide free heat and electricity? It would also have the unintended consequence of people seeing an opportunity in ‘becoming homeless’ in order to qualify for free housing. It could be as simple as living in a tent for a few weeks and filling out some papers.

That said, I don’t have an answer for it either.
    Did you see the news articles where 3 or 4 women were squatting in an empty house, the person who bought it, wanted them out, the women went to Court, the Judge said get out, they wouldn't leave, and the Sheriffs made a forced eviction.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

I never said that. It's leftist loons like you who don't give a shit. You keep voting for the same stupid shit, and think you're going to get a different result.
    Sure you did!
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    He said it was on California, not that he didn’t care.

Most Americans are appalled at what the Democrats who control California have done to that once beautiful state.
    STFU jerkoff
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

7. The Following User Groans At Mason Melchizedek For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-21-2020)

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Did you see the news articles where 3 or 4 women were squatting in an empty house, the person who bought it, wanted them out, the women went to Court, the Judge said get out, they wouldn't leave, and the Sheriffs made a forced eviction.
    That was in Oakland. I think the women got the idea from watching Eddie Murphy's SNL Mister Robinson's skit on squatters rights.

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    That was in Oakland. I think the women got the idea from watching Eddie Murphy's SNL Mister Robinson's skit on squatters rights.
    Thrown out on their collective asses.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    Officials want to clear a mile-long homeless camp on a Sonoma County bike trail. Some don't want to go

I get tired of public officials with their, out of sight and out of mind policies, making the homeless move?!!

If I was homeless, my main concern would be bathing and clean underwear to put on afterward?!! I take showers everyday, a habit I kept from the army?!!

Santa Rosa, California (CNN)The globs of peanut butter were evenly applied. But this was no sandwich.

Pest control workers were using the spread as bait as they installed rat traps -- 340 of them -- throughout the mile-long homeless encampment after infrared video from a sheriff's helicopter revealed a major rodent infestation.

"I think it's sad and overwhelming," said pest control technician Matt Dougherty of the conditions for more than 200 homeless residents. "We're here just to make it better for them."
    The rat problem could hardly have been a surprise. Trash and human waste had been piling up for months along the Joe Rodota Trail, nestled behind neighborhoods in the heart of Northern California wine country.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/18/us/sa...amp/index.html

I think it's a damn shame we even have homeless in this country?!! Coming up in the 50's, 60's, and 70's, I never did see any homeless people?!!

If you think it's such a shame, you should prove you care by taking them into your home. You can claim it's a shame all you want. Until you personally do something about it, the number of homeless won't change.

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    This class is a fine example of complete horse shit. You must live in a bubble if you think there isn't bad homeless issues in red states. Try not being such a biased hack. At least in California you can help them. In places like Houston an ordinance was put in place that makes it near impossible for the heartfelt to help the homeless.

https://www.texasobserver.org/citing...-the-homeless/
    If there are homeless where you live, apparently your heartfelt concern is only in words and not actions.

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    Hoovervilles all over again!
    I guess the stock market isn't helping homeless much
    Maybe they're not investing the right stocks.

If there are homeless where you live, apparently you personally aren't helping them much. Talk is cheap unless it's back up by actions. When are you going to invite the homeless to live in your home?

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Not all the homeless are mentally ill but there is a fair number of them. I thought this interesting why there could have been less homeless on the street way back when. They were living in hospitals.

""Deinstitutionalization of the mentally ill has roots in the civil rights and civil liberties movements of the 1960s, which envisioned more fulfilling lives for those who had been languishing in understaffed psychiatric hospitals through new medications and robust community-based services. The number of patients living in state hospitals dropped from 535,000 in 1960 to 137,000 in 1980.""

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK519584/
    Ronald Reagan defunded and closed down mental institutions and crooks like dump rigged the realestate market to make housing unaffordable for the average person.

These are policies you voted for so stop complaining about the homeless.

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    I remember there used to be some police show on TV back in the 50's called the Naked City. It had a monologue that started out with, "There are 9 million different stories in New York etc.............

Well, it is true that 9 million people would have 9 million different stories, so it made some kind of sense.

About 40 years ago I was attending classes after work at the County College, and after a long day one day, I decided to dive into one of the bars across the street from the college, AND HAVE MYSELF A BEER! LOL!

I was there drinking my beer, and a stumble bum pulled up a barstool and as he sat down beside me, he asked, "Could you buy an old drunk a beer"?

I was a bit surprised by all this sudden predicament but I said, "OK- But only if you tell me what has led you to being a bum".

He pulled out his wallet and pulled out a business card and handed it to me. The card said so and so ATTORNEY AT LAW from one of the well know Dallas Law firms.

I asked him, "Is that you"? And he said, "Well it used to be me" So I asked him, "What happened to that"? THIS WAS HIS STORY.....

He said, he used to have a beautiful wife and two sons, a nice home in Highland Park, and everything he could possibly want. He said he bought one of those nice cigarette boats and he used to take it to Lake Texhoma and cruise the lake with his family. One day, he hit a wake wrong and flipped the boat over, throwing everyone out in the water, and no one was wearing any life vests. He could see his wife about 10 feet away and struggling, his sons were in the other direction 20 feet away and they looked like they were drowning. Well, somehow, his wife and both his sons drowned that day and he somehow managed to save himself.

He said it went downhill from there because he started drinking, turned into an alcoholic, and ended up losing his job, his home, and everything he owned but the clothes he was wearing.

I've kind of looked at bums a little differently since then. And since then, I've heard some rather sad stories from some of these bums- always about alcohol or drugs somewhere in the mix.
    In other words, this guy, like so many others in his situation, caused their own problems by drinking and doing drugs and now want someone else to foot the bill for his bad choices?

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    Can't get a job dickhead, when you're unwashed and unclean?!!
    Do you have a shower/tub in your house? How many of the unwashed and unclean have you invited in?

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    So you don't give a shit.
    You and the other bleeding hearts on this thread claim to care about the homeless. As long as they exist, it's clearly you that doesn't give a shit. Why haven't you provided them a place to live?

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's leftist loons like you who don't give a shit.

Absolutely agree. They claim to care about the homeless yet how many homeless have they invited into their homes to prove it?