Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Where is all the hatred coming from?

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

how many of these racists would be saying the racists things they say here in the OLD town hall?

I would not use the wrong tool for the job

That would be the wrong tool in the OLD townhall

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    letting their words stand unchallenged can be misinterpreted as not being able to counter their assertions

Inexample

the right used to claim a longlist of Democratic members declaring that sadam had WMDs during the lead up to the Iraq war showed the Dems were just being partisan for NOT BELIEVING BUSH

that List was real

BUT that list was also comments said by these Democratic party member BEFORE CLINTON BOMBED IRAQ IN 1998.

the world had already forgotten Clinton bombed Iraq

their lies stood abut that evil ie filled claim

UNTIL I DESTROYED IT OVER AND OVER

by engaging them

get it

if you never challenge their lies people begin believing them
    Just talk about other more intelligent stuff. Scroll their garbage out of sight.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello evince,

Tea party is dead. Has morphed into the Trump bubble. Being nasty has not stopped that. But it certainly does help Putin.

Forgiveness and understanding do not help Putin.
    it was very likely Russians on line whipping it up

they have been doing this for longer than people think

4. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

5. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Just talk about other more intelligent stuff. Scroll their garbage out of sight.
    I will NOT let their lies stand unchallenged

that would be utterly stupid

6. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

it was very likely Russians on line whipping it up

they have been doing this for longer than people think
    The Russians are hoping to trigger people who will take the bait. Don't take it. Don't feed the trolls. That is well recognized social media advice.

A public food fight disgraces both sides. That's why the mature and wise politicians do not take the bait.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

silly

people read their words

if we don't prove their words are lies

people will believe their lies

YOU DONT FIGHT LIES BY IGNORING THEM

8. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Poli ,

you are a good guy

but you really need to realize your team includes people you would not take to your after church brunch event

in fact the vast majority of Americans would be cracking up at my invective laced humor

Most Americans including the youth of this nation find invective funny

they in fact pay hundreds of dollars for tickets to see bands and entertainers who use it liberally

If I was hanging with you I would refrain from it because it would be the wrong tool for me to use to entertain YOU

my audience here mostly find it hilarious

its a draw for one thing

repeat readers here ( as I used to call them "gentle reader") surely go "oh what did evince say about that guy" and seek my responses because they are funny as well as informative and contain FACTS they might even use themselves to counter some evil one

I bet that happens more with my posts than yours

You content is great but is harder to read than mine is

the massive space between lines

the line by line typing so they are a second apart I the readers mind

It helps the brain easily absorb the content

a Gentle Reader (hello Gentle Reader) can effortlessly read my content

Knows they might get a giggle at my crazy invective filled style

and will very likely see some facts that are rarely presented but fully documented

con killing content that they can thow at Uncle George the next time he talks just like the cons here

I understand you find invective uncomfortable

I now you seek well informed and polite conversation

we will get bac to that some day Im sure

but first we must teach those that live in a world of lies why that is such a bad idea

they need to reap what they sow in multiples to learn this

when a society has a certain faction that insists on inserting LIES in Place of facts

It is incumbent on that society to publicly shame that faction until it ceases the lies or closes their mouths

9. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

The Russians are hoping to trigger people who will take the bait. Don't take it. Don't feed the trolls. That is well recognized social media advice.

A public food fight disgraces both sides. That's why the mature and wise politicians do not take the bait.
    LIES repeated often enough become truths

it is VERY unwise for a society to let LIES go unchallenged

10. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

nobody wants censorship but you.

11. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    The Alt Right seems intent upon getting revenge on liberals and America in general for their lives sucking so much... But my question is what is so bad about their lives? It is an honest question. Can someone give me details as to their terrible lives, and why I am to blame?

Personally, I am mostly happy with my life. But, when my children and I saw swastikas and MAGA graffiti all over a a synagogue, I did become angry. The reason was because it signified the Holocaust where millions of people like me were killed, and it showed my children that the dangers that were in my grandparents world were in their world too.
    "WHERE DOES ALL THE 'HATE' COME FROM?"

GREAT QUESTION, and HERE's the ANSWER:

https://www.dailydot.com/wp-content/...-2012x1024.png

"ALT RIGHT" RIOTS AFTER OBAMA's ELECTION:

TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

Earl (01-18-2020), Saudade (01-18-2020)

13. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    Pittsburgh shooting: suspect railed against Jews and Muslims on site used by 'alt-right'.

Robert Bowers appears to have used the platform Gab to accuse Jews of bringing ‘evil Muslims’ into US.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...t-antisemitism

Is that what you mean?
    yes.....just another atheist hater......likely another lib'rul like Stone by Stone.......

gosh, the quote from your link even sounds like Stone by Stone....
    “Trump is a globalist, not a nationalist,” Bowers wrote. “There is no #MAGA [Make America Great Again] as long as there is a [Jewish] infestation.”
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (01-18-2020), Grokmaster (01-18-2020)

15. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

Poli ,

you are a good guy
    Thank you. I also see you as basically a good person even if your posts don't always reflect that.

but you really need to realize your team includes people you would not take to your after church brunch event
    I am an atheist. I do not go to after church brunch events.

It is incumbent on that society to publicly shame that faction until it ceases the lies or closes their mouths
    LOL!!!

When do you expect 'that faction' to cease the lies or close their mouths?

Dream on.

The more you challenge them the more they spout.

Better to make them irrelevant.

16. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

No they don't. They simply get believed by lazy people who do not vet information.

I think you are hung up on the 'lie' word. This is politics. People disagree. I challenge things where I see people believing in falsehoods.

Your problem is you are equating ignoring trolls with ignoring lies. That is a mistake.

I challenge every falsehood I have time for. I simply refuse to talk to people who try to make it personal. If we are here to talk about politics then it is whataboutism to start talking about other posters. That distracts from good points being made. There is no point in talking about other posters if you're trying to dispute something they said. That's just a distraction and it dilutes your point, softens it.

You are well informed. Just stick with the facts you claim to be so concerned about. You're good at that. Then you destroy your own posts with invective and insults. It boils down to a pissing match and your point is lost, which is exactly what the detractor wants. You think you won but really you lost.

You spend too much time here. Go enjoy some real life. Get some perspective. This is not a stand up open mic. It is a discussion board ostensibly for just plain politics.

You're trying to turn it into just plain insults.

You have to allow other people to have their say. You're never going to get the last word, so make the words you do get count. trash talkin just runs good people off.

FlyboyUT told me he didn't like the board, too nasty, so he left because of you. He wasn't here a few days and you jumped all over him. And you started it. He simply stated what he believed. Sure, he's conservative, but hello we have to have conservatives and liberals or we don't have freedom of speech.

You have about as much chance of getting conservatives to stop posting as you do of shutting down Fox News. Dream on. You're not being realistic with those views.

You're attempting to self-censor the board by being nasty to everybody you disagree with. They are just doing the same thing so it all cancels out. The result is tones of food fight dribble that people just don't want to see. How many posters does this board really have? A few hundred? It is a microcosm, and not representative of the US populace. It is only the people who can put up with the trash talk. FlyboyUT doesn't want to be bothered to build an Ignore List. He found another board. If he did have an Ignore List you would be the first entry. If I was conservative I wouldn't talk to you. I would be willing to try, but you would not respect me, so I would simply Ignore you.

A lot of the people you waste your time on are not worth the effort. Some of them are not even people. Q: Why waste your time talking to a program? A: Because you spend way too much time here. You could be reading entire books with the time you waste here. Think of all the knowledge you're passing by.

17. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

would you say the racists shit you say all day long there ?
    Quote me saying one racist thing liar. We've been over this, and you can never deliver.
    Every life matters