Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is all the hatred coming from?

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,315 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Indeed, Walt is filled with hate for Middle Americans who love their president and their country.
    One thing people in places like Wyoming gets right about people like me is I rarely think about them. I don't do business with them. I don't talk to them. I actually come to debate groups like this to try to make some contact with them.

What they get wrong is when they think I hate them. I literally wish them all the best. I worry that all the tax money I am sending them is hurting them, but do not want to cut their tax money to hurt them. None of this is out of hatred.

When I look at them dying in such numbers, I am honestly concerned. I have dealt with drug addicts before, and they certainly seem like drug addicts (either figuratively or many times literally). Giving them whatever they demand is not helping them. There are many reasons they are dying, but all trace back to poor personal decisions.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

evince (01-18-2020), Iolo/Penderyn (01-18-2020)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Atheists attack Christmas every Christmas.
    As a Jewish person being forced to celebrate Christmas by my children, I have to say that is nonsense. Christmas is in rude health, and is not being attacked. Maybe the religious nature of Christmas is being attacked, but conservatives do not want to publicly take that position.

4. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-18-2020)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

evince (01-18-2020), ThatOwlWoman (01-18-2020)

6. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    The Alt Right seems intent upon getting revenge on liberals and America in general for their lives sucking so much... But my question is what is so bad about their lives? It is an honest question. Can someone give me details as to their terrible lives, and why I am to blame?

Personally, I am mostly happy with my life. But, when my children and I saw swastikas and MAGA graffiti all over a a synagogue, I did become angry. The reason was because it signified the Holocaust where millions of people like me were killed, and it showed my children that the dangers that were in my grandparents world were in their world too.
    fake news

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

Earl (01-18-2020)

8. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,388 Times in 53,269 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    People like him dont like people like gays and blacks getting uppity.
    Or women either, for that matter. Things were so much better for the Reichwingers back in the (18)50s, when women and non-whites knew their places.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

evince (01-18-2020)

10. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,667 Times in 17,927 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    why pretend the graffiti on the synagogue wall came from anywhere except the Muslim radicals that the left supports wholeheartedly?......
    Indeed.

11. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Has my posting about the anger made your life so much worse? Can you go into more detail about how this post has destroyed your life?
    It's endlessly fascinating to me how the rage-filled Reichwingers always attribute rage and hate towards those who point out that they are often very angry, hateful ppl. You can extrapolate that to any statements a leftie makes showing displeasure with some aspect of America and/or American life. Point out a racist statement by IMPOTUS? You're so ANGRY! Point out police brutality? You're so ANGRY! Point out that women *still* make less than men doing the same job... you're so ANGRY!

They haven't managed to evolve since the 1960s "America -- Love It or Leave It" bumper sticker days, have they?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-18-2020), Cypress (01-18-2020), evince (01-18-2020), Frank Apisa (01-18-2020), Guno צְבִי (01-18-2020), PoliTalker (01-18-2020)

13. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

As a Jewish person being forced to celebrate Christmas by my children, I have to say that is nonsense. Christmas is in rude health, and is not being attacked. Maybe the religious nature of Christmas is being attacked, but conservatives do not want to publicly take that position.
    Glad to see that you agree that Christmas is attacked every Christmas by atheists.

14. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

In all these years of the desperate battles in the War on Christmas, the only "attacks" I've seen so far are those who complain that it is far too commercialized and is less religious and more consumerism. Both left and right make these complaints.

I'm curious about your statement "forced to celebrate Christmas." How are you being forced? I'm not Xtian either, yet haven't felt that I was "forced to celebrate" it, or Easter, or other Xtian holidays.

15. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Alt Right seems intent upon getting revenge on liberals and America in general for their lives sucking so much... But my question is what is so bad about their lives? It is an honest question. Can someone give me details as to their terrible lives, and why I am to blame?.
    They have, for many, many years, been sold the notion that by hard work they can all become millionaires under American capitalism, and, in general, their living standards are not in fact advancing but, if anything, retreating. Over the same period, as over here, there has been a very determined campaign to destroy the unions and any sort of class politics. As a result, all these people feel, correctly, that they have been fooled and treated with contempt, and the people who have done that tell them it is all the fault of 'liberals'. So there is developing a vacuous form of class conflict where the exploited simply score off others and believe that makes them feel better, the typical behaviour of self-contemptuous bullies everywhere. Ah well, trumpf and brexit. Serves us right for being happy!

16. The Following User Groans At Iolo/Penderyn For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-18-2020)

17. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    They have, for many, many years, been sold the notion that by hard work they can all become millionaires under American capitalism, and, in general, their living standards are not in fact advancing but, if anything, retreating. Over the same period, as over here, there has been a very determined campaign to destroy the unions and any sort of class politics. As a result, all these people feel, correctly, that they have been fooled and treated with contempt, and the people who have done that tell them it is all the fault of 'liberals'. So there is developing a vacuous form of class conflict where the exploited simply score off others and believe that makes them feel better, the typical behaviour of self-contemptuous bullies everywhere. Ah well, trumpf and brexit. Serves us right for being happy!
    To the barricades, workers of the world unite, America hating sock.

18. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome Walt,

The Alt Right seems intent upon getting revenge on liberals and America in general for their lives sucking so much... But my question is what is so bad about their lives? It is an honest question. Can someone give me details as to their terrible lives, and why I am to blame?

Personally, I am mostly happy with my life. But, when my children and I saw swastikas and MAGA graffiti all over a a synagogue, I did become angry. The reason was because it signified the Holocaust where millions of people like me were killed, and it showed my children that the dangers that were in my grandparents world were in their world too.
    Racism is taught, not inherited. It's a peer pressure thing. It rose out of guilt over slavery, and has been festering for generations. As for the oppression of Jews, I do not understand where that came from. In my experience Jews are hard working people who only wish to contribute to the economy and make America great. Anyone who applies themselves with such dedication would find success.

I have to cite the poor condition of education in our country. We need to do a better job of teaching respect, community spirit, civics, and win/win philosophy.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

19. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-18-2020)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-18-2020)

21. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Your children force you to celebrate Christmas? How does that work? "Santa's coming dad or I'm going to kick your *ss..."

22. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Earl (01-18-2020)

23. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello and welcome Walt,

Racism is taught, not inherited. It's a peer pressure thing. It rose out of guilt over slavery, and has been festering for generations. As for the oppression of Jews, I do not understand where that came from. In my experience Jews are hard working people who only wish to contribute to the economy and make America great. Anyone who applies themselves with such dedication would find success.

I have to cite the poor condition of education in our country. We need to do a better job of teaching respect, community spirit, civics, and win/win philosophy.
    Well, no.

I have no guilty feelings concerning slavery. I have never been a slave or owned a slave.

No one living in America today has been a slave or owned a slave.

The state of education in America is attributable to the Democrat school unions and far left loons like you, Snowflake.

24. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    fake news
    Did you just claim the Holocaust is "fake news"? Or are you claiming the rise in attacks on Jews and other minorities is "fake news"?

25. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    lol. that's hilarious globalist spin.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

Earl (01-18-2020)