Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is all the hatred coming from?

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Bullshit, I have most of them on ignore, and almost never reply to their gobbledygook. Careful with that nose, you'll poke someone's eye out.
    then why do you claim crap like illegals are voting in our elections

and

That black American voters are FOOLED into joining the Democratic party

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    More bullshit. It was a rival celebration designed to save godless heathens. Worked like a charm too. How many pagans are around today?
    according to the bible what time of year was Jesus born?

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    I was raised "not super Christian"

religion was a small part of Christmas for me

it was a tradition stolen from the pagans by the Christians who tried to overtake that religion for political gain
    Christ Mass was based on an almost-certainly-made-up story designed to fulfil prophecies that nobody much knows about now, attached for some reason to the midwinter festival, though it picked up a lot of feeling (and songs) over the years. Many protestants, incidentally, distrusted it intensely. I don't think Jews or other non-Christians should get worked up about it therefore: it has little to do with serious Christianity, more with cultural habit.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

Cypress (01-18-2020), evince (01-18-2020)

5. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 117 Times in 113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    why pretend the graffiti on the synagogue wall came from anywhere except the Muslim radicals that the left supports wholeheartedly?......
    If history shows anything,Nazis are white Supremacist,whether in Berlin,or marching in Virginia!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Judy Johnstone For This Post:

evince (01-18-2020)

7. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    In any competitive society, those who feel inadequate believe they will feel better if they can put somebody else down. It makes no sense, it has no point, it doesn't work, but they still believe it. Sic floreat Trumpus mundi.
    I maintain that the hatred largely driving the Klan in the early 20th century was fear that black farmers would undercut them, and that black men might have sex with "their" white women. That kind of virulent resentment can be traced back to at least two categories on my list of the provenance of hate and resentment

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-18-2020), evince (01-18-2020), Iolo/Penderyn (01-18-2020)

9. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    The economics mens rights movement is crazy. There are actual men in power in this administration that think the economy should be tweaked to try to make women more subservient to men. The weird part is no one is talking about it.
    Interesting.... can you provide an article or link regarding this? I'm not doubting it because I know conservative *women* who don't think that it's necessary for us to be paid the same as men because men are the head of the family and if we have a career it's second fiddle to our husbands'.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Atheists attack Christmas every Christmas.
    Christmas isn't Biblical,but being a fake Christian,Earl wouldn't know that.

11. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

then why do you claim crap like illegals are voting in our elections

and

That black American voters are FOOLED into joining the Democratic party
    Why do you have an aversion to the truth?
    Every life matters

12. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Interesting.... can you provide an article or link regarding this? I'm not doubting it because I know conservative *women* who don't think that it's necessary for us to be paid the same as men because men are the head of the family and if we have a career it's second fiddle to our husbands'.
    How ,Leave it to Beaver,1950's

13. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

according to the bible what time of year was Jesus born?
    What difference does it make? Where does the Bible say celebrations must be date specific? Are you having trouble with the term "rival celebration"? Have someone with a brain explain it to you.
    Last edited by countryboy; 01-18-2020 at 10:15 AM.
    Every life matters

14. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    It's endlessly fascinating to me how the rage-filled Reichwingers always attribute rage and hate towards those who point out that they are often very angry, hateful ppl. You can extrapolate that to any statements a leftie makes showing displeasure with some aspect of America and/or American life. Point out a racist statement by IMPOTUS? You're so ANGRY! Point out police brutality? You're so ANGRY! Point out that women *still* make less than men doing the same job... you're so ANGRY!

They haven't managed to evolve since the 1960s "America -- Love It or Leave It" bumper sticker days, have they?
    The rage and hatred is a mask, a giant distraction from admitting that they make no sense, directed at anyone who points it out.

It is very troubling to believe in something stupid, and then have that pointed out. There is an inherent anger at oneself for being duped, but rather than admit it, that anger is directed at anyone who challenges the incorrect beliefs.

It is really self-hatred directed outwards. Very sad.

Ever notice that Trump has no ability to admit it when wrong? He foolishly pretends to be perfect, incapable of making mistakes. He thus deprives himself of the ability to learn from mistakes made.

In order to learn from mistakes made, one must first admit to making them.

The fact that Trump never shows any humility is quite admirable to those afflicted with the same mental deficiency. If someone cannot admit to their mistakes and instead causes the world to bend to their mistakes rather than learn a lesson, and is able to do that, this quality is admirable to those who cannot admit their mistakes and suffer bad consequences. They blame others for holding them accountable to their mistakes and admire the lone silver-spoon bully who has never had to account for making mistakes.

Trump's insecurity is rather obvious in that he cannot accept fair criticism. Any suggestion that he is not perfect comes too close to admitting mistakes, something Trump cannot do out of pride. Toss in his penchant for victimhood and his inferiority/superiority complex is evident.

We are led by somebody with serious mental issues.

That's why so many of his followers share those qualities.

If someone comes to this forum with a universal love of all mankind, is very careful to avoid insulting anyone, and expresses an opinion in opposition to President Trump, that individual will invariably be insulted, called bad names, and derided by the angry right. Why would someone become enraged that others would hold differing political views? Insecurity. Since their views are not fact-based, they cannot get into a detailed discussion in support of them. In order to derail such discussions, they fly into a rage and act really vulgar. They appear to have a lot of pent-up anger involved with their views. It is as if they are very frustrated and looking for someone to unload all of their frustration on.

Enter a liberal, talking about togetherness and diversity, and they can't wait to tell that person off. At which point, the logical liberal will simply place such individuals on Ignore, deeming them incapable of a respectful conversation.

The unloading of frustration on liberals is not satisfying. It does not make the frustration and anger go away. It is a sugar high, a temporary buzz that doesn't last. So it must be repeated in a futile effort to rid themselves of this terrible anger; to try to find the inner peace and serenity which escapes them. But of course that method is ineffective, so in repetition, the castigation of liberals becomes habit. These are the depths of a troubled mind, hopelessly mired in bad habits, at once wishing there were no liberals in the USA, but unable to envision how such a condition might be achieved. And certainly not thinking it through far enough to realize that without half the country, the economy would crash. Many jobs would simply not get done, triggering devastating repercussions on the economy.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-18-2020), Cypress (01-18-2020), Guno צְבִי (01-18-2020), ThatOwlWoman (01-18-2020)

16. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Christ Mass was based on an almost-certainly-made-up story designed to fulfil prophecies that nobody much knows about now, attached for some reason to the midwinter festival, though it picked up a lot of feeling (and songs) over the years. Many protestants, incidentally, distrusted it intensely. I don't think Jews or other non-Christians should get worked up about it therefore: it has little to do with serious Christianity, more with cultural habit.
    its a celebration of family in the last few days of the year

In winter when everyone has to go inside for most of the day

Oh and it was a time of year where your LARDER was full of everything you collected to get through winter

some of which WONT LAST for the whole winter

giving each other "gifts" to have something to do during all that time inside keeping warm

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to evince For This Post:

Cypress (01-18-2020), Iolo/Penderyn (01-18-2020), ThatOwlWoman (01-18-2020)

18. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

19. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by commiebuns
    Lol, are we actually supposed to believe that?
    Every life matters

20. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Penderyn,

They have, for many, many years, been sold the notion that by hard work they can all become millionaires under American capitalism, and, in general, their living standards are not in fact advancing but, if anything, retreating. Over the same period, as over here, there has been a very determined campaign to destroy the unions and any sort of class politics. As a result, all these people feel, correctly, that they have been fooled and treated with contempt, and the people who have done that tell them it is all the fault of 'liberals'. So there is developing a vacuous form of class conflict where the exploited simply score off others and believe that makes them feel better, the typical behaviour of self-contemptuous bullies everywhere. Ah well, trumpf and brexit. Serves us right for being happy!
    It is a clever bit of blame-shifting how the rich and powerful pit the rest against one another by stoking the right/left dispute.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (01-18-2020), Iolo/Penderyn (01-18-2020)