Thread: The Democrats witness dilemma

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,970 Times in 32,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
    The word you're looking for is extortion, but, the correct words are due and process.
    actually the House couldn't prove that either.....they were stuck with abuse of authority....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    trump could NOT hold up aid to Ukraine- period.
    and did he?......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 42 Times in 34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    It’s clear that Democrats need witnesses in the Senate impeachment trial since it’s a slam dunk acquittal based on the articles Nancy solemnly/gleefully sent over to the Senate.

Which begs the question if they should have been sent to begin with—but Democrats wanted their Trump impeachment*, so yeah.

At any rate, that means the defense gets to call Hunter Biden, and others, since Democrats insist on the trial being ‘fair’. Do Democrats risk playing ‘dog catches car’ by putting Hunter Biden under oath? What confidence do they have that Hunter is clean besides reassuring themselves, back and forth, that Hunter is clean? The fact is, Hunter Biden is a Black Box—no one knows what’s inside it until it’s opened. And we all know his past is ‘checkered’, to be diplomatic about it.

Or how about the WB? For months, Democrats and their media minions have been lying about the WB protection law which *doesn’t* guarantee anonymity. If Democrats want Bolton to appear—so will the WB. Then we’ll get to find out if there was anything resembling a set-up going on between the WB and Adam Schiff.

Shifty may be a House manager but he’s also *a material witness* to how this whole thing started. Do Democrats really want a known liar under oath in a Senate trial? This won’t be the basement of the House where Democrats can tightly control everything.

This can get ugly, quick. But I fully expect Democrats to keep the pedal to the metal.

Darth,

The Senate trial will not involve any witnesses being called, there's no percentage in it. Rather there will be a vote on the Articles of Impeachment and the Republican majority in the Senate will vote to acquit Trump. The whole Senate trial should all be over in a couple of weeks.

Dachshund

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Bullshit. He was still blackmailing Zelensky.
    Zelensky says your momma wears army boots......

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

It’s clear that Democrats need witnesses in the Senate impeachment trial since it’s a slam dunk acquittal based on the articles Nancy solemnly/gleefully sent over to the Senate.

Which begs the question if they should have been sent to begin with—but Democrats wanted their Trump impeachment*, so yeah.

At any rate, that means the defense gets to call Hunter Biden, and others, since Democrats insist on the trial being ‘fair’. Do Democrats risk playing ‘dog catches car’ by putting Hunter Biden under oath? What confidence do they have that Hunter is clean besides reassuring themselves, back and forth, that Hunter is clean? The fact is, Hunter Biden is a Black Box—no one knows what’s inside it until it’s opened. And we all know his past is ‘checkered’, to be diplomatic about it.

Or how about the WB? For months, Democrats and their media minions have been lying about the WB protection law which *doesn’t* guarantee anonymity. If Democrats want Bolton to appear—so will the WB. Then we’ll get to find out if there was anything resembling a set-up going on between the WB and Adam Schiff.

Shifty may be a House manager but he’s also *a material witness* to how this whole thing started. Do Democrats really want a known liar under oath in a Senate trial? This won’t be the basement of the House where Democrats can tightly control everything.

This can get ugly, quick. But I fully expect Democrats to keep the pedal to the metal.
    This is all well and good but never underestimate the ability of the GOP party of failure to fuck this up.

The democrat party will rely on the likes of Murcuntsky, Collins and Pierre Delecto

All of them should be purged. I would rather see Collins lose her seat to a democrat than have that cunt in the Senate

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Do you know what the Impound Control Act is? If you don't ask your handlers to look it up for you.
    obviously sounds like something the DNC has done with your brain.......

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hunter Biden is not charged with anything nor is on trial. Nor is a witness to any abuse of power that Trump committed.

Moron.
    Hunter doesn’t have to be charged. All Trump has to do is prove that there was enough to show he was worthy of investigation

There is enough in the public record to show there was more than a whiff of corruption

But then if Hunter is innocent he would have no fear of testifying right?

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Parnov is singing like a canary. Know what he hasn't said anything about? Any corruption on the part of Biden.
    Did Parma’s testify under oath in the House?

Why not?

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I misused the term. It was extortion and abuse of power. Toss in obstruction of Congress. The Bidens and their testimony are irrelevant. You're desperately grasping at straws.
    Glad you admit it was extortion and abuse of power.
    the word was there, the proof wasn't......that's why extortion wasn't in the articles of impeachment.......as to desperately grasping at straws, please see the articles of impeachment.....

10. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There is no justification for blackmail.
    Nancy doesn’t think there was blackmail. Neither does Schiff

11. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

trump could NOT hold up aid to Ukraine- period.
    Of course he could.

Do you think other countries have a right to our money with no strings?

12. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I misused the term. It was extortion and abuse of power. Toss in obstruction of Congress. The Bidens and their testimony are irrelevant. You're desperately grasping at straws.
    Of course they are relevant. They are the predicate

The democrat party claim was that aid was held up to harm Trumps political opponent. That would be Biden according to the democrat party

13. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Glad you admit it was extortion and abuse of power.
    It wasn’t

I am good with acquittal. Are you?

14. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Dude, congress and the president ‘obstructing’ one another is daily business in DC lol.
    According to the JPP democrat party members the President has to do all that the Congress wants whenever it wants

Trump should use the FBI to investigate Congress the way Congress investigates him. You know for oversight

15. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Biden is not a witness to any of Trump’s transgressions.
    to be fair, so far no one has been a witness to any actual Trump transgressions......
    and yet, what happened in the Ukraine is certainly relevant to whether an American president should be asking the Ukranian government, newly elected on a campaign against corruption, to investigate what happened in the Ukraine........and Hunter Biden was involved in what happened in the Ukraine.......Joe was involved in what happened when he bragged about getting the prosecutor fired.......