Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The Democrats witness dilemma

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    In a ‘fair’ trial the defense gets to call their own witnesses lol.

You want a fair trial, right? If Hunter turns out Ukraine-dirty, poof. It doesn’t matter what Bolton says, Trump was justified in withholding the aid—*assuming* he did. As president he was justified anyway, but you get the idea.
    more then that.
    Recall we have an anti-corruption treaty with Ukraine,and Trump was rightly concerned about Zelensky being more of the same. That's the motivation for Trump to "look into Biden" request - not vague political gain (impeachment).

The withholding, the asking about the Bidens are concurrent with Trump not wanting to give corrupt foreign aid.
    Trump hates that.

Trump's problem is he knows what to say, and how to do his presidency -
    but he blew up the Press Sec ability for message control.

Meaning that is the ONLY WAY to effectively get sound bytes on the air to counter the drone of 96% unfavorable
    Trump coverage - daily push back in sound byte per-packed formula for viewer consumption
    Last edited by dukkha; 01-17-2020 at 04:22 AM.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In a ‘fair’ trial the defense gets to call their own witnesses lol.

You want a fair trial, right? If Hunter turns out Ukraine-dirty, poof. It doesn’t matter what Bolton says, Trump was justified in withholding the aid—*assuming* he did. As president he was justified anyway, but you get the idea.
    The appearance of Biden's corrupt nepotism ( coupled with Joe's demanding the firing and bragging)
    demands an investigation. Meaning Trump was correct to ask Zelensky to "look into" that

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Darth Omar (01-17-2020), Into the Night (01-17-2020)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    The appearance of Biden's corrupt nepotism demands an investigation -which means
    Trump was correct to ask Zelensky to "look into" that
    Nepotism wish a hefty dash of conflict of interest.

Biden claimed that no one told him it was a conflict of interest or something to the effect—he’s either stupid or lying. Biden was appointed to look after Ukraine and clean it up, by Obama. While at the same time, Hunter was being paid [for what, exactly?] by Burisma to sit on their board.

And it happens that Burisma was under investigation in and around the same time as the glaring conflict of interest, but the investigation was suspended for reasons that are less than crystal clear—and Burisma was never investigated again, while Hunter was sitting on their board for 50K/month.

I think ‘probable cause’ is the appropriate term.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nepotism wish a hefty dash of conflict of interest.

Biden claimed that no one told him it was a conflict of interest or something to the effect—he’s either stupid or lying. Biden was appointed to look after Ukraine and clean it up, by Obama. While at the same time, Hunter was being paid [for what, exactly?] by Burisma to sit on their board.

And it happens that Burisma was under investigation in and around the same time as the glaring conflict of interest, but the investigation was suspended for reasons that are less than crystal clear—and Burisma was never investigated again, while Hunter was sitting on their board for 50K/month.

I think ‘probable cause’ is the appropriate term.
    or 'reasonable suspicion' appearance of'conflict of interest' at least for an investigation. All good points.

Biden wants us to believe he and Hunter NEVER DISCUSSED their roles in Uk. That's even plausible if they were both of the mindset to >squeeze juice< Burisma thru Joe's clout. Whether they verbalized it or not makes no difference

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Darth Omar (01-17-2020)

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    or 'reasonable suspicion' appearance of'conflict of interest' at least for an investigation. All good points.

Biden wants us to believe he and Hunter NEVER DISCUSSED their roles in Uk. That's even plausible if they were both of the mindset to >squeeze juice< Burisma thru Joe's clout. Whether they verbalized it or not makes no difference
    Substitute the word Biden with Trump and that cozy little arrangement would have been investigated by now lol.

Just imagine Trump allowing Junior to sit on the board of directors of Burisma in or around the time Burisma was under investigation. Imagine further, that Trump boasted about doing a QPQ on the Ukrainians during the same time frame.

Democrats would want both of their heads on a pike.

Democrats can’t/won’t admit it, but there is sufficient *probable cause* for an investigation into the Biden’s and Burisma/Ukraine and if the shoe was on the other foot—the investigation would have happened by now.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Substitute the word Biden with Trump and that cozy little arrangement would have been investigated by now lol.

Just imagine Trump allowing Junior to sit on the board of directors of Burisma in or around the time Burisma was under investigation. Imagine further, that Trump boasted about doing a QPQ on the Ukrainians during the same time frame.

Democrats would want both of their heads on a pike.

Democrats can’t/won’t admit it, but there is sufficient *probable cause* for an investigation into the Biden’s and Burisma/Ukraine and if the shoe was on the other foot—the investigation would have happened by now.
    Dems took the initiative with impeachment -the 'nuclear option' / press is Pravda for their efforts.

But at some point I have to believe the electorate acts as a rational actor as well - and is not going to throw out Trump for a Dem clueless weasel POTUS

9. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    It's a slam dunk acquittal if Jesus testified against Trump.
    if Jesus was going to testify would you let him swear to the oath "so help me God"?.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

10. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,173 Times in 10,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Dude, congress and the president ‘obstructing’ one another is daily business in DC lol.

Keep rationalizing

11. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

IF Trump was extorting Zelensky and if Hunter Biden is dirty, it’s a pox on both houses, and that adds up to acquittal.

AND it opens up a whole ‘nother can of worms on what was going on in Ukraine under Obama.

Senate Democrats are taking a risk if they vote for witnesses.
    Biden is irrelevant to Trump’s abuse of power or obstruction.

12. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
    Biden committed the first. The second is not a crime.
    You’re lying on the first and ignorant of the second.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

jimmymccready (01-17-2020)

14. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Hunter Biden is not charged with anything nor is on trial. .
    I would have to say that most of the witnesses who testify in courts all over the country are not charged with anything or on trial.......it does happen however that a witness says something on the stand that causes them to be charged with something or end up being on trial........
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Into the Night (01-17-2020)

16. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I would have to say that most of the witnesses who testify in courts all over the country are not charged with anything or on trial.......it does happen however that a witness says something on the stand that causes them to be charged with something or end up being on trial........
    Biden is not a witness to any of Trump’s transgressions.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

jimmymccready (01-17-2020)

18. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Under no conditions was trump justified in with holding aid.
    really?.........aren't there several possible scenarios where withholding would be proper or even unavoidably necessary?......as far as the whistler is concerned, besides his name, all we know is that he didn't actually hear the conversation he whistled about and that his report was drafted in cooperation with Schiff's staff......

19. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Parnov is singing like a canary. Know what he hasn't said anything about? Any corruption on the part of Biden.
    so call him to testify in the House.......they are the ones who were charged with investigating grounds for impeachment.........maybe they won't fuck it up this time.........though probably they will.....

20. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    There is no justification for blackmail.
    even the House decided there was no blackmail to justify and you know how stupid they were......