Thread: The Democrats witness dilemma

1. #331 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,172 Times in 10,390 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    "It is impossible for trump to get an electoral landslide. Red states will not be voting for him. This is not 1984, and trump is not Reagan."

Um...say what?

Trump received 304 electoral votes and Clinton 227...a clear landslide victory.

Trump was not supposed to win in 2016...Clinton by 12 points...in a landslide.

If you are presumed innocent and found not guilty, in the eyes of the law...and more importantly, in the eyes of the American people, you are innocent.

I believe that "Walt" is a sock, he is really...
    Liar. Only 11 elections have been closer. And, the winner generally did not lose the popular vote.

Ignorant moron

2. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

Frank Apisa (01-18-2020)

3. #332 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    No, it really is me, Walt. I do use my nickname as my last name, a hold over from Yahoo. Anyone who watched MASH (movie or TV show) knows why it is my last name. I have no intention of telling you my last name.

You did not answer the question. If 304 is a landslide for trump, wouldn't 365 be far more than a landslide for Obama?

We all know what will generally happen, even though Earl is afraid to admit it. Red States will vote for trump, Blue States will vote against trump, and a few battleground states will decide the contest. Neither side will get a landslide, just like neither side has gotten a landslide in the last 36 years.
    Walt posted:

“The economics mens rights movement is crazy. There are actual men in power in this administration that think the economy should be tweaked to try to make women more subservient to men. The weird part is no one is talking about it.”

I asked for a link to prove your scurrilous lie.

Where is it Walter...er...PoliTalker?

4. #333 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,090 Times in 25,663 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    Zelensky did not become President until May 25, 2019.
    Go sleep it off, clearly you're having trouble following the thread.

trump allowed foreign aid to the previous corrupt Ukraine president. trump did not call for the Bidens to be investigated until Joe started his campaign. trump is using Ukraine corruption as a cover for his scheme to bring down a political rival.

Don't doubt me.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

5. #334 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,172 Times in 10,390 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    even people who didn't go to law school should be smart enough to realize I'm right.........you I expect nothing from.......if evidence is inadmissible in court it is inadmissible for a reason........and if it is inadmissible for a reason it shouldn't be considered to be evidence of anything except perhaps the stupidity of those who credit it.......
    If evidence is inadmissible in court, it DOES NOT mean it didn’t exist, idiot. Just as ‘not guilty’ does NOT MEAN innocent.

How the fuck you ever got through law school, even a forth tier one, is beyond me.

6. #335 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well, Walter, AKA PoliTalker, have you taken your brats to school yet...on this Saturday?

7. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

christiefan915 (01-18-2020)

8. #336 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    The President can’t order congress to do anything but he’s certainly over the DOJ lol.

Why did Obama allow such a blatant conflict of interest to exist with Biden’s/Burisma in Ukraine? I don’t fault Obama for not investigating it but he’s certainly at fault for allowing it to go on.

And since he did allow it to go on, there’s no fault whatsoever in Trump asking Zelensky to investigate it—particularly, after Joe’s QPQ boasting that was captured on video.
    The fault is that the Burisma business was known by since 2014 and if Obama didn't care, Congress should have. Repubs controlled Congress the last two years of Obama's presidency and up to the 2018 mid terms. You can't absolve trump for sitting on this the entire time he's been president, or the republican Congress for their inaction from 2014-2018.

― Charles Dickens

9. The Following User Groans At christiefan915 For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-18-2020)

10. #337 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

<snip>

Got some free time in January, and Yahoo had shutdown its groups, so I decided to come here. I am really new to this group, but not new to politics.
    Hope you stick around. You present your arguments well, and that's a rarity around here.

― Charles Dickens

11. The Following User Groans At christiefan915 For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-18-2020)

12. #338 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

I think you are asking the wrong question here. Why would you care if Nordberg believes Biden was peddling influence. The question you want to ask is:
    Why can't the courts or investigators see that Biden was peddling influence?

I afraid the answer is because there is no evidence that Biden was peddling influence. You want it to be true, but cannot find any evidence that it is.
    We just watched the left ‘really wishing something was true’, [for over three years] with Trump and Putin lol.

Many of them still haven’t given up on it and probably never will.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (01-18-2020)

14. #339 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Some of the far left Democrats have already indicated that if (when) this scam fails, they will start it all over again.

15. #340 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,555 Times in 17,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

So rightys think a big job of the president is to investigate foreign corporations. Trump was really really serious about that. In Ukraine, Trump's people investigated one, just one, Burisma.
    Trump does not care about corruption. He likes it as his push to allow corporations to bribe foreign countries shows. He wants bribery laws to be eliminated. It was how he did business.
    Suddeny Trump cares about what foreign companies do. But just one. It is a mere coincidence that Hunter worked for them.
    Rightys are such suckers. It works because your default position is to believe absolutely everything Trump says and does, even though he lies and an unpresidented rate. (yeah I spelled it that way deliberately). We used to judge our presidents far more stringently.

16. #341 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Liar. Only 11 elections have been closer. And, the winner generally did not lose the popular vote.

Ignorant moron
    EXACTLY. The electoral victory was FAR from a landslide. It ranks in the lowest 20% of electoral victories.

Both of former President Obama's electoral victories were greater...and both of former President Clinton's electoral victories were greater. And they both also won the popular vote.

Trump is a chump...and so are many of his supporters. Especially the ones who think his inaugural crowds...and electoral victory were great.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

domer76 (01-18-2020)

18. #342 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    It’s clear that Democrats need witnesses in the Senate impeachment trial since it’s a slam dunk acquittal based on the articles Nancy solemnly/gleefully sent over to the Senate.

Which begs the question if they should have been sent to begin with—but Democrats wanted their Trump impeachment*, so yeah.

At any rate, that means the defense gets to call Hunter Biden, and others, since Democrats insist on the trial being ‘fair’. Do Democrats risk playing ‘dog catches car’ by putting Hunter Biden under oath? What confidence do they have that Hunter is clean besides reassuring themselves, back and forth, that Hunter is clean? The fact is, Hunter Biden is a Black Box—no one knows what’s inside it until it’s opened. And we all know his past is ‘checkered’, to be diplomatic about it.

Or how about the WB? For months, Democrats and their media minions have been lying about the WB protection law which *doesn’t* guarantee anonymity. If Democrats want Bolton to appear—so will the WB. Then we’ll get to find out if there was anything resembling a set-up going on between the WB and Adam Schiff.

Shifty may be a House manager but he’s also *a material witness* to how this whole thing started. Do Democrats really want a known liar under oath in a Senate trial? This won’t be the basement of the House where Democrats can tightly control everything.

This can get ugly, quick. But I fully expect Democrats to keep the pedal to the metal.
    No idiot- none of that! You are out in the weeds here.

What it comes down to is- do you believe a president should be able to use Financial aid approved by a nonpartisan approval in Congress, be used to extort other countries to help them win an American presidential election?

YES OR NO! Those are the only two options available.

NOW MAKE YOUR CASE FOR OR AGAINST PLEASE......................and stay out of the weeds because it makes you look like an idiot!

YOU DON'T want to look like one of the idiots! I mean really? DO YOU?
    Last edited by Adolf_Twitler; 01-18-2020 at 12:52 PM.

19. #343 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Whatever the margin of victory, it was enough to send Hillary home to bake cookies and rid her home of the sexual predator, old Bill’s bimbos.

The Hillary supporters are just losers...still sulking three years later.

20. #344 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    He was the catalyst for the entire scam.

If witnesses are called, he will be called. The Biden crime family too.
    Yet the lefties don't want the catalyst called.

21. #345 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    If evidence is inadmissible in court, it DOES NOT mean it didn’t exist, idiot.
    of course it does.....it means that what you are pretending is evidence is fake, worthless demmycunt blathering.......the type of stuff we've been hearing from you for the last three years.....,you can't just make shit up and pretend people have to believe it.......life doesn't work that way.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (01-19-2020)