Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Civil War museum gets rid of Confederate flag on new logo

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    If Democrats were all about slavery and Confederate flags, why is it that only Republicans are defending the Confederacy, winning former Confederate states, and waving the Confederate flag about today?
    democrat shame and embarrassment has them running away from their southern states and i'm guessing that conservatives are all about that 'states rights' crap that they like to spew, until it comes to homeland security and the military bullshit
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    ok, it is a fact that those two people ran as democrats. that's about it.
    But one was a Southern Democrat and one was a Northern Democrat.

So there's a distinction and difference there.

Today, all those former Southern Democrats are Trump Republicans.

Switching the label didn't switch their beliefs.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

democrat shame and embarrassment has them running away from their southern states
    So...let me make sure I'm understanding you...

You're saying Conservatives waving the Confederate Flag today is not about celebrating their heritage, but poking today's Democrats in the eye?

What a douche.

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But one was a Southern Democrat and one was a Northern Democrat.

So there's a distinction and difference there.

Today, all those former Southern Democrats are Trump Republicans.

Switching the label didn't switch their beliefs.
    and i'm sure, just like today, that there were northern republicans and southern republicans. that argument y'all are trying to make is BS.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

democrat shame and embarrassment has them running away from their southern states
    Why would the Democrats want to embrace that dark part of their past, and why are Republicans doing it for them? What is the goal?

6. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So...let me make sure I'm understanding you...

You're saying Conservatives waving the Confederate Flag today is not about celebrating their heritage, but poking today's Democrats in the eye?

What a douche.
    maybe both...........not being a conservative, I wouldn't really know.

and I thought you and I had an agreement about insults?

7. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why would the Democrats want to embrace that dark part of their past, and why are Republicans doing it for them? What is the goal?
    I think you're confused..................I said Democrats are trying to ERASE their dark past.

8. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

i'm guessing that conservatives are all about that 'states rights' crap that they like to spew, until it comes to homeland security and the military bullshit
    Conservatives aren't for states' rights.

Conservatives are for big government for themselves, and small government for everyone else.

Conservatives are for solving problems only when it affects them personally because Conservatism is synonymous with selfishness and the status quo.

9. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

and I thought you and I had an agreement about insults?
    While LV is nothing more than a coward that ran from doing what he claimed he could do, he is correct. You are a douche.

10. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Conservatives aren't for states' rights.

Conservatives are for big government for themselves, and small government for everyone else.

Conservatives are for solving problems only when it affects them personally because Conservatism is synonymous with selfishness and the status quo.
    wow, you're all over the map, dude.

11. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    While LV is nothing more than a coward that ran from doing what he claimed he could do, he is correct. You are a douche.
    I see you're still mad that I made you look completely moronic with your bullshit

12. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

and i'm sure, just like today, that there were northern republicans and southern republicans. that argument y'all are trying to make is BS.
    There are not many Northern Republicans today. In fact, the entire New England congressional delegation are all Democrats. Not one single Republican Congressperson from New England. Not. A. One.

13. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Wow...welll...you're the one here arguing in favor of Confederate flags or memorials.

What is wrong with having just Union flags and memorials? Why do we need Confederate participation trophies?

14. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I think you're confused..................I said Democrats are trying to ERASE their dark past.
    Taking down monumnets isn't going to change the Articles of Secession. And today, the only people associating those monuments with Democrats are the ones arguing that they should go untouched.

What I'm having a hard time understanding is why those monuments are necessary, and why we can't just have Union monuments and Union flags?

15. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

I see you're still mad that I made you look completely moronic with your bullshit
    I see you're mad that even a fucking pussy like LV realizes what you are, bitch.

Not real sure how you think defending drunk driving is making someone look moronic. Since you have nothing in your life but dreams that will never be fulfilled, whatever makes you feel better.

That dishonorable discharge must still hurt after all these years.