Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Civil War museum gets rid of Confederate flag on new logo

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    You are a moron,if you don't think thousands of Northern Democrats fought against the Confederacy!
    Also, by saying the flag represents slavery, he can no longer argue the Civil War wasn't about slavery.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    in other words, delete the history of the Democrat party and make history revisionism easier
    So if someone burns a Confederate Flag, you'll forget who lost the Civil War?

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    But it's not about free speech, you said yourself it's about slavery.

So you are saying that all that trash flying the Confederate Flag today are doing so to remind everyone the flag represents slavery?
    Most of them flying it today,are at Trump rallies
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

in other words, delete the history of the Democrat party and make history revisionism easier
    Another moron,who pretends the Democratic party wasn't split North and South during the Civil War.
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Most of them flying it today,are at Trump rallies
    Exactly. I've heard every stupid justification under the sun for that dumb flag, and now we have them saying it represents slavery.

So...they wave the Confederate flag about to remind people that it represents slavery, even after arguing all this time the Civil War wasn't about slavery.

They are dumb people; we are in the Stupidest Timeline.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Another moron,who pretends the Democratic party wasn't split North and South during the Civil War.
    Also, any Conservatives who exercises sophistry about the Civil War while neglecting to mention that Lincoln and the Republicans literally fought the war to preserve federal authority over the states is a fucking dipshit.

Conservatives, aka "small government buttheads" are completely at ideological odds with the Republican Party of 1863.

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

So if someone burns a Confederate Flag, you'll forget who lost the Civil War?
    i don't recall any law preventing burning of a flag..........any flag. can you cite one for me?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

another idiot who can't show any documentation that shows democrats and republicans had a meeting and agreed to switch views.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

i don't recall any law preventing burning of a flag..........any flag. can you cite one for me?
    But you said tearing them down or burning them erases history.

I'm just trying to figure out what history is erased.

One of your fellow buttheads said that the flag represented slavery. So...is that the only thing that represents slavery to come from the Civil War?

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Also, any Conservatives who exercises sophistry about the Civil War while neglecting to mention that Lincoln and the Republicans literally fought the war to preserve federal authority over the states is a fucking dipshit.

Conservatives, aka "small government buttheads" are completely at ideological odds with the Republican Party of 1863.
    ok, now i'm impressed that you didn't claim that the civil war was about freeing the slaves. thank you for that.

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

ok, now i'm impressed that you didn't claim that the civil war was about freeing the slaves. thank you for that.
    Ummm...what authority do you think they were fighting to preserve, other than the authority to end slavery?

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But you said tearing them down or burning them erases history.
    that isn't what I said at all. I said liberals who want to do this, or are doing it, are out trying to erase history

I'm just trying to figure out what history is erased.
    i'm imagining that democrats are trying to erase the history of their support of slavery

One of your fellow buttheads said that the flag represented slavery. So...is that the only thing that represents slavery to come from the Civil War?
    anyone who thinks that the confederate flag represents slavery is indeed a butthead. the confederate flag was representing the newly independent southern states who seceded.

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ummm...what authority do you think they were fighting to preserve, other than the authority to end slavery?
    lincoln started the war with the intent to force the union to stay the union. it had zero to do with slavery until lincoln felt he needed to use anti slavery to garner more support for the union

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

that isn't what I said at all. I said liberals who want to do this, or are doing it, are out trying to erase history
    OMFG.

Do you not recognize the cognitive dissonance?

Me: But you said tearing them down or burning them erases history.
    You: that isn't what I said at all. I said liberals who want to do this, or are doing it, are out trying to erase history

Do you have brain damage or something?

To paraphrase: "I didn't say tearing them down would erase history, I said that tearing them down will erase history."

Oy vey.

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

'm imagining that democrats are trying to erase the history of their support of slavery
    Could it be that, or could it be that the flag represents slavery and we want to remove it from the public space because it doesn't denigrate slavery in any way, shape, or form?