Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 589

Thread: Civil War museum gets rid of Confederate flag on new logo

  1. #211 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    42,292
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woko Haram View Post
    Some repetition of history is inevitable. That doesn't mean we shouldn't at least try to learn from it.
    if the episode in history failed miserably, we should learn from it and never do it again.................that's not hard to figure out
    The war on crime, war on drugs, war on terror, and now the war on opiods.............there's a reason they call it a war. So you idiots will easily accept the collateral damage of innocents

  2. #212 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    5,385
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 1,500 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Groans
    58
    Groaned 453 Times in 426 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    It was a part of the museum, why are people so butt hurt by that flag. I would say most don't even see it as celebrating slavery, more their pride in the south!
    That applies to Southern whites,Blacks look at it as slavery banner.Yankees look at as Treason flag!
    Nosam

  3. #213 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    5,385
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 1,500 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Groans
    58
    Groaned 453 Times in 426 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    So is burning a queer flag!
    That falls under hate crime.
    Nosam

  4. #214 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    5,385
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 1,500 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Groans
    58
    Groaned 453 Times in 426 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I<3Big Anime Tiddies View Post
    How can we repeat something no one knows about?
    It's not our fault you flunked history 101
    Nosam

  5. #215 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    5,385
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 1,500 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Groans
    58
    Groaned 453 Times in 426 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woko Haram View Post
    I'm assuming we have plenty of Union monuments as well.

    The way the Germans handled the aftermath of WW2 with Nazi monuments is they put them in museums and other contexts where people were able to learn about them. They also didn't tear down all of the concentration camps. If they had, then German culture wouldn't likely be as cognizant of their dark past.

    Compare how the Germans have moved on to how Japanese Imperialist nostalgia has risen. Japan did basically downplay their dark past, and they've lurched back towards some of that mindset.

    If we completely erased Confederate monuments and such, we'd probably actually see a rise in Confederate sentiments eventually, instead of an understanding of past mistakes and struggles.
    We have the second Confederate President
    Nosam

  6. #216 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    5,683
    Thanks
    3,581
    Thanked 2,722 Times in 1,953 Posts
    Groans
    30
    Groaned 132 Times in 123 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Look man, if you can't keep your argument straight, that's not my problem.

    You say one thing, then erase it to say another.

    By saying the flag now represents being a redneck piece of shit, you erase the history of the flag that represents slavery.

    You can't have it both ways.
    Wait so being a redneck is bad, why is that, as long as they work hard, and pay taxes that pay for your food stamps, you should thank them, they work hard they play hard. You are a Black Bigot!

    During the Civil war that flag was representative of the Democrat Southerners who wanted to keep slavery, that was bad! Now for most it does not represent that, for better or worse people fly it I wouldn't, I am not from the South! Why don't you just mind your own business like I do with the queer flag!

  7. #217 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    5,385
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 1,500 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Groans
    58
    Groaned 453 Times in 426 Posts

    Default

    trump_confederate_ap_img.jpg
    Trump supporters now have his name on the
    Slavery/treason flag.
    Always outside Trump rallies,and he says nothing!
    Nosam

  8. #218 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    5,683
    Thanks
    3,581
    Thanked 2,722 Times in 1,953 Posts
    Groans
    30
    Groaned 132 Times in 123 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    That falls under hate crime.
    Free Speech! Not one person was hurt. Ya can't just decide what free speech is, based on sexual orientation that is some serious B.S. Unequal protection and all. In my opinion burning the American flag is a hate crime!

  9. #219 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    5,385
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 1,500 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Groans
    58
    Groaned 453 Times in 426 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Free Speech! Not one person was hurt. Ya can't just decide what free speech is, based on sexual orientation that is some serious B.S. Unequal protection and all. In my opinion burning the American flag is a hate crime!
    The supreme court doesn't care what your uneducated opinion is.
    Americans have the right to protest,the government,the flag represents the government.
    Burning a Rainbow Flag,because you hate gays,is a hate crime!
    Nosam

  10. #220 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    5,683
    Thanks
    3,581
    Thanked 2,722 Times in 1,953 Posts
    Groans
    30
    Groaned 132 Times in 123 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    So, I checked the Bible for references to rainbows and whatever it is they represent, and here's what came up:

    Genesis 9:12-13: And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth.

    Genesis 9:16: When the bow is in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.”

    So rainbow doesn't represent anything for you...it represents God's connection to every living creature on the earth.

    Nothing about sexuality. In fact, it has nothing to do with you.

    So it would seem you are once again erasing history by pretending the rainbow represents something to Christians that is different from what's in the scripture.

    Hoist, meet petard.
    The fact that you do not see the connection is not at all surprising! You need to go get a job so that the first time you ran off at the mouth someone could teach you some manners! Oh, and so I can stop supporting you! You are just really angry, because no one taught you to fend for yourself, because I guarantee you grew up in the ghetto, blaming whitey for everything wrong with you,, and for your Father knocking up your Mom because she put out and, then abandoned her. Now I am finished with you grow up and go get that job at Mcdonalds!

  11. #221 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    5,683
    Thanks
    3,581
    Thanked 2,722 Times in 1,953 Posts
    Groans
    30
    Groaned 132 Times in 123 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    The supreme court doesn't care what your uneducated opinion is.
    Americans have the right to protest,the government,the flag represents the government.
    Burning a Rainbow Flag,because you hate gays,is a hate crime!
    B.S special treatment not one person is hurt! I do not hate gays! I do think they have mental issues, and I am right about that, most were abused sexually or otherwise and have issues. The Supreme Court is not perfect take Baby Murder for instance

  12. #222 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Detroit, AKA HEAVEN
    Posts
    30,268
    Thanks
    11,750
    Thanked 10,417 Times in 7,018 Posts
    Groans
    642
    Groaned 775 Times in 723 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woko Haram View Post
    I'm assuming we have plenty of Union monuments as well.

    The way the Germans handled the aftermath of WW2 with Nazi monuments is they put them in museums and other contexts where people were able to learn about them. They also didn't tear down all of the concentration camps. If they had, then German culture wouldn't likely be as cognizant of their dark past.

    Compare how the Germans have moved on to how Japanese Imperialist nostalgia has risen. Japan did basically downplay their dark past, and they've lurched back towards some of that mindset.

    If we completely erased Confederate monuments and such, we'd probably actually see a rise in Confederate sentiments eventually, instead of an understanding of past mistakes and struggles.
    Context is entirely dependent on the viewer though. One cannot control how another interprets something.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

  13. #223 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    13,919
    Thanks
    2,414
    Thanked 8,769 Times in 6,170 Posts
    Groans
    568
    Groaned 492 Times in 468 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    we are one

    we will rid ourselves of this racist scourge
    The Democrat Party?
    Every life matters

  14. #224 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    5,385
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 1,500 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Groans
    58
    Groaned 453 Times in 426 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    B.S special treatment not one person is hurt! I do not hate gays! I do think they have mental issues, and I am right about that, most were abused sexually or otherwise and have issues. The Supreme Court is not perfect take Baby Murder for instance
    I suppose you think no one is hurt when someone burns a cross in their yard!Just freedom of religion to people like you.
    Most people that are gay,are that way because they are attracted to people of their own sex,period.
    Nosam

  15. #225 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    42,292
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    That falls under hate crime.
    why is there a difference?
    The war on crime, war on drugs, war on terror, and now the war on opiods.............there's a reason they call it a war. So you idiots will easily accept the collateral damage of innocents

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2019, 02:38 AM
  2. Remake The Confederate Flag
    By Mott the Hoople in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 192
    Last Post: 01-24-2016, 02:53 AM
  3. Confederate Flag Now In Fashion, Thanks To Kanye West
    By StormX in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-09-2013, 06:15 AM
  4. Should the Confederate flag be banned?
    By Canceled.LTroll.28 in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 05:04 AM
  5. Confederate Flag - A Symbol of Hate
    By ib1yysguy in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 02:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •