Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 589

Thread: Civil War museum gets rid of Confederate flag on new logo

  1. #166 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    3,698
    Thanks
    449
    Thanked 989 Times in 794 Posts
    Groans
    56
    Groaned 222 Times in 206 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    I am whining about nothing, I simply do not want a civil war museum forced to take out what was a part of our History. My Comparison is that a guy got 16 years for Burning a queer flag, but people burn the American flag all the time with no consequences.
    Burning the American Flag in protest is protected by the first amendment of the Constitution.
    Would you prefer burning the Constitution.
    Margot

  2. #167 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hooterville by the sea
    Posts
    11,823
    Thanks
    1,705
    Thanked 6,332 Times in 4,682 Posts
    Groans
    985
    Groaned 271 Times in 258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Miss Margot Frank
    Verified User
    This message is hidden because Miss Margot Frank is on your ignore list.

    Want to challenge me use your real account, I no longer deal with socks.

  3. #168 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    22,893
    Thanks
    3,405
    Thanked 5,138 Times in 3,921 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 1,061 Times in 1,011 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    I am whining about nothing, I simply do not want a civil war museum forced to take out what was a part of our History.
    HOW is the Confederate Flag a part of our history? You haven't explained that. You've said that it represents slavery. So you're telling me that all the trash waving that dumb flag around are doing so to represent slavery?

    Here's how it's a part of history; it is a tool used by aggrieved white underclass to intimidate the descendants of the people whose freedoms were opposed by the people who flew that flag.

    That's the only history the flag teaches, and I don't see how taking it down invalidates or erases the Articles of Secession, where the treasonous states laid out that very case.
    "Alien is a movie where nobody listens to the smart woman, and then they all die except for the smart woman and her cat. Four stars."

  4. #169 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    1,255
    Thanks
    518
    Thanked 405 Times in 309 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I<3Big Anime Tiddies View Post
    Why do we need a museum that glorifies the Civil War in the first place?
    I don't know if "glorify" is the right word.

    Granted, if we erase history, we will surely repeat it.

  5. #170 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    3,906
    Thanks
    2,696
    Thanked 1,870 Times in 1,354 Posts
    Groans
    28
    Groaned 90 Times in 84 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    They took it off the Logo,not out of the museum.
    Reading 101
    It was a part of the museum, why are people so butt hurt by that flag. I would say most don't even see it as celebrating slavery, more their pride in the south!

  6. #171 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    41,964
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woko Haram View Post
    I don't know if "glorify" is the right word.

    Granted, if we erase history, we will surely repeat it.
    we're still repeating history. we didn't learn shit from prohibition, just tried a new technique without acknowledging human nature and freedom
    The war on crime, war on drugs, war on terror, and now the war on opiods.............there's a reason they call it a war. So you idiots will easily accept the collateral damage of innocents

  7. #172 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    22,893
    Thanks
    3,405
    Thanked 5,138 Times in 3,921 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 1,061 Times in 1,011 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    My Comparison is that a guy got 16 years for Burning a queer flag, but people burn the American flag all the time with no consequences.
    First of all, I'm pretty sure you're not divulging the details around that guy. I get the sense that you're holding back some exculpatory information about the incident, framing it as an innocent act of burning a flag, when there's probably more to the story.

    But that's really your MO; shit forth a half-truth and then act dumb of the details. Then, when pressed for details, clam up and/or abandon the thread by changing the subject or introducing non-sequiturs.

    It's a tired tactic that doesn't work anymore because you've run that play so much, the defense can easily adjust.
    "Alien is a movie where nobody listens to the smart woman, and then they all die except for the smart woman and her cat. Four stars."

  8. #173 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    3,906
    Thanks
    2,696
    Thanked 1,870 Times in 1,354 Posts
    Groans
    28
    Groaned 90 Times in 84 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    HOW is the Confederate Flag a part of our history? You haven't explained that. You've said that it represents slavery. So you're telling me that all the trash waving that dumb flag around are doing so to represent slavery?

    Here's how it's a part of history; it is a tool used by aggrieved white underclass to intimidate the descendants of the people whose freedoms were opposed by the people who flew that flag.

    That's the only history the flag teaches, and I don't see how taking it down invalidates or erases the Articles of Secession, where the treasonous states laid out that very case.
    A flag intimidates you, well I suppose that does not surprise me, in today's world most fly it to show they are redneck, beer drinking, truck driving, gun toting fishing pole in the back of the truck, good ole boys, and has nothing to do with slavery! Quit being a victim, and have a beer with them you would probably find out they are decent folks, and have no animosity towards you!

  9. #174 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    22,893
    Thanks
    3,405
    Thanked 5,138 Times in 3,921 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 1,061 Times in 1,011 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woko Haram View Post
    I don't know if "glorify" is the right word.
    Granted, if we erase history, we will surely repeat it.
    Taking confederate monuments and flags down doesn't erase the Articles of Secession, which the traitors clearly laid out their grievances.

    How about instead of Confederate monuments and flags, we have just Union monuments and Union flags? Don't those serve the same "historical" purpose?
    "Alien is a movie where nobody listens to the smart woman, and then they all die except for the smart woman and her cat. Four stars."

  10. #175 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    3,906
    Thanks
    2,696
    Thanked 1,870 Times in 1,354 Posts
    Groans
    28
    Groaned 90 Times in 84 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    Burning the American Flag in protest is protected by the first amendment of the Constitution.
    Would you prefer burning the Constitution.
    So is burning a queer flag!

  11. #176 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    22,893
    Thanks
    3,405
    Thanked 5,138 Times in 3,921 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 1,061 Times in 1,011 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    It was a part of the museum, why are people so butt hurt by that flag. I would say most don't even see it as celebrating slavery, more their pride in the south!
    FOR FUCK'S SAKE you literally said about a dozen posts ago, that the flag represents slavery.

    Fucking idiot.
    "Alien is a movie where nobody listens to the smart woman, and then they all die except for the smart woman and her cat. Four stars."

  12. #177 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    22,893
    Thanks
    3,405
    Thanked 5,138 Times in 3,921 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 1,061 Times in 1,011 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    A flag intimidates you, well I suppose that does not surprise me, in today's world most fly it to show they are redneck, beer drinking, truck driving, gun toting fishing pole in the back of the truck, good ole boys, and has nothing to do with slavery!
    BUT YOU JUST SAID it represents slavery.

    Now, you're changing your own definition of what it represents.

    If the flag didn't represent racism and slavery, why do European racists wave it about? From where could they possibly have gotten the idea that it represents white supremacy?
    "Alien is a movie where nobody listens to the smart woman, and then they all die except for the smart woman and her cat. Four stars."

  13. #178 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    22,893
    Thanks
    3,405
    Thanked 5,138 Times in 3,921 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 1,061 Times in 1,011 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Quit being a victim, and have a beer with them you would probably find out they are decent folks, and have no animosity towards you!
    You're the one whining like a little bitch over a logo. You seem like the victim here.
    "Alien is a movie where nobody listens to the smart woman, and then they all die except for the smart woman and her cat. Four stars."

  14. #179 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    3,906
    Thanks
    2,696
    Thanked 1,870 Times in 1,354 Posts
    Groans
    28
    Groaned 90 Times in 84 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    FOR FUCK'S SAKE you literally said about a dozen posts ago, that the flag represents slavery.

    Fucking idiot.
    Originally it did, I do not support slavery, which is why I do not vote Democrat. They still have you just different circumstances now you are in the urban city setting and get payed to vote for them to hand out just enough to keep you from dying, while not working. It's your life continue to be a victim if you desire. Go get a good job and make something out of yourself quit bitching about flags.

  15. #180 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    3,906
    Thanks
    2,696
    Thanked 1,870 Times in 1,354 Posts
    Groans
    28
    Groaned 90 Times in 84 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    You're the one whining like a little bitch over a logo. You seem like the victim here.
    Actually it's History!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2019, 03:38 AM
  2. Remake The Confederate Flag
    By Mott the Hoople in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 192
    Last Post: 01-24-2016, 03:53 AM
  3. Confederate Flag Now In Fashion, Thanks To Kanye West
    By StormX in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-09-2013, 07:15 AM
  4. Should the Confederate flag be banned?
    By Canceled.LTroll.28 in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 06:04 AM
  5. Confederate Flag - A Symbol of Hate
    By ib1yysguy in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 03:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •