Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Civil War museum gets rid of Confederate flag on new logo

1. #226 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    The supreme court doesn't care what your uneducated opinion is.
    Americans have the right to protest,the government,the flag represents the government.
    Burning a Rainbow Flag,because you hate gays,is a hate crime!
    that same supreme court you said was wrong about the 2nd Amendment being an individual right without being in a militia??????
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

2. #227 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    why is there a difference?
    One flag represents the government,so 1st Amendment applies.
    The other represents people's sexual orientation,the burning of is because narrowminded people hate a sexual orientation they don't understand,or fear,because of their own suppressed sexual feelings.
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

3. #228 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I<3Big Anime Tiddies View Post
    But not everyone does. Some take it as a cause to glorify. Any interest in history inherently involves a desire to recreate it.
    Are you serious? Does the Holocaust museum make Jews want to recreate the Holocaust? I don't think you've thought this one through. We study history in order to avoid repeating our mistakes.
    Every life matters

4. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Saudade (01-17-2020)

5. #229 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,756 Times in 4,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    So you're arguing that the Confederate Flag "mentions" the traitors who lost the war? I don't understand what you're saying. The difference is, how do the flag and monuments to Confederates mention anything about what they stood for and what they fought for? They're just participation trophies, aren't they?

The only context of the Confederate Flag is that it is a tool used to intimidate the descendants of those whose freedoms were won in that war that the Confederates lost.
    A Civil War Museum that did not include a Confederate flag would be doing a incomplete job of portraying the war and the two sides.

The Confederate flag is often worn by many young guys as a fashion item by people who have little interest in history, slavery, or anything it represents. What something means to you has nothing to do with what it might mean to other people.

The peace sign for many represented opposition to the Vietnam War, others saw those people as traitors, today it has just become a fashion item. Many young black men wearing a Malcolm X t-shirt did not even know who he was.

You can't project your own beliefs on others.

6. #230 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

that same supreme court you said was wrong about the 2nd Amendment being an individual right without being in a militia??????
    I have no problem with the second amendment,at this point,if changed,we would have the same situation we had in Prohibition,a huge black market because of unpopular law.
    Americans are gun junkies.
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

7. #231 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    A Civil War Museum that did not include a Confederate flag would be doing a incomplete job of portraying the war and the two sides.

The Confederate flag is often worn by many young guys as a fashion item by people who have little interest in history, slavery, or anything it represents. What something means to you has nothing to do with what it might mean to other people.

The peace sign for many represented opposition to the Vietnam War, others saw those people as traitors, today it has just become a fashion item. Many young black men wearing a Malcolm X t-shirt did not even know who he was.

You can't project your own beliefs on others.
    The museum just took the flag off their logo.
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

8. #232 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The museum just took the flag off their logo.
    The PC police strike again.

9. #233 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    The PC police strike again.
    Probably has to do with advertisements
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

10. #234 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    You called me a Nazi.

Yet, you're the one defending monuments and flags to traitors who thought white Christians were superior and that black people are of lesser race that should be subjugated.
    Your actions are Nazi like when you want to tell others what they display, say, etc. I am not defending monuments and flags, I am defending the freedom to display them against those who would use Nazi like methods to control society. I have no strong feelings for or against any flag or monument--they are just physical. And I have no clue about your religion just like you had no clue whether I am a millennial.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Saudade (01-17-2020)

12. #235 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

One flag represents the government,so 1st Amendment applies.
    a government that no longer exists, so that argument is blown out of the water
    The other represents people's sexual orientation,the burning of is because narrowminded people hate a sexual orientation they don't understand,or fear,because of their own suppressed sexual feelings.
    whether its a representation or not is irrelevant.........that 'flag' doesn't represent a person or harm them in a discriminatory manner.............but what it DOES do, with liberal approval, is allow the government to persecute people who have a certain viewpoint that might not be politically correct.........which is what the 1st Amendment is supposed to protect
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

13. #236 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Wait so being a redneck is bad, why is that, as long as they work hard, and pay taxes that pay for your food stamps, you should thank them, they work hard they play hard. You are a Black Bigot!
    Being a dumbfuck ignoramus who erases history is bad, yes.

You're not entitled to your opinion. Entitlements are earned, and opinions aren't.

During the Civil war that flag was representative of the Democrat Southerners who wanted to keep slavery, that was bad! Now for most it does not represent that, for better or worse people fly it I wouldn't, I am not from the South! Why don't you just mind your own business like I do with the queer flag!
    So you're saying that the people who fly the flag today erased the history of the flag so they could represent it as something different.

So...erasing history to serve insecurity.

Sounds like Conservatism to me.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

14. #237 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

a government that no longer exists, so that argument is blown out of the water

whether its a representation or not is irrelevant.........that 'flag' doesn't represent a person or harm them in a discriminatory manner.............but what it DOES do, with liberal approval, is allow the government to persecute people who have a certain viewpoint that might not be politically correct.........which is what the 1st Amendment is supposed to protect
    The US first amendment,try to keep up
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

15. #238 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The US first amendment,try to keep up
    so you're saying that the US 1st Amendment doesn't protect free speech................are you that special kind of stupid?

16. #239 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

so you're saying that the US 1st Amendment doesn't protect free speech................are you that special kind of stupid?
    I think you can't read!
    I said specifically that burning the US flag as protest is covered by the 1st Amendment of the U.S. Constitution
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

17. #240 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

I suppose you think no one is hurt when someone burns a cross in their yard!Just freedom of religion to people like you.
    Most people that are gay,are that way because they are attracted to people of their own sex,period.
    Negative it's anti social sexually deviant behavior, it's a mental issue