Thread: Civil War museum gets rid of Confederate flag on new logo

1. #271 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    Internet tough guy,the biggest cowards of them all
    The cowards of those of you that complain about something then refuse to personally do anything about it.

I'm offering you the chance to take mine from me. Perhaps you know what would happen to you.

2. #272 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Do you ever get tired of driving drunk.

Hopefully you'll watch your wife scream for help after being trapped in a burning car caused by it being hit by a drunk driver. I doubt you'd care.
    and hopefully you'll see your wife gangbanged by the half dozen black guys who please her better than you ever could
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

3. #273 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,784 Times in 17,238 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Sure the confederates were heroes who wanted to preserve slavery and destroy the nation. What we need is a lot of statues of Benedict Arnold. He actually was a Revolutionary war hero before he turned on the country. Never forget Bennie or we will repeat what he did again and again. Pictures and statues should be everywhere.

4. #274 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    and hopefully you'll see your wife gangbanged by the half dozen black guys who please her better than you ever could
    Seems you're triggered that I please your wife better than you.

5. #275 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Seems you're triggered that I please your wife better than you.
    BWAHAHAHAHA, delusional to the last.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #276 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Says the one that thought 6 niggers would be stupid enough to try what you said.
    so, delusional is a minimal diagnosis...........maybe a psychotic racist traitor is more up your alley

7. #277 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Seems like dumbass n-lover is up your alley, boy. How silly of you to think even one of them is stupid enough to try what you said.
    I don't doubt for a second that they would please her better and beat your ass for even thinking bad thoughts LOL

8. #278 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Right Wingski View Post
    Sure it is.
    Whataboutism would be if I had used an equivalent example against Obama. What I did instead is show why the logic Margot was using was equally as invalid as an equivalent used against Obama.

9. #279 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Guano, the racist Jigger is obviously unaware that Jews fought for the South in the Civil War and kept slaves.

http://www.jewishmag.com/112mag/conf...nfederates.htm

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

dukkha (01-20-2020)

11. #280 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    I don't doubt for a second that they would please her better and beat your ass for even thinking bad thoughts LOL
    Yet none have been stupid enough to try. Even those low IQ morons know better.

12. #281 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Civil War museum gets rid of Confederate flag on new logo

Obviously museums should cover history. German ones, for instance, should deal with the horrors of the Hitler years - but we would not expect them to use the swastika flag as a logo, would we? Clearly some of the inhabitants of the old Confederacy feel some sort of historical sympathy for their dead ancestors, as we must remember - whereas others, like the Jews now living in Germany, remember with horror what was done to theirs under the monstrous evil of slavery. What's needed is understanding and firmness. Family feeling must not be allowed to degenerate into racism, not ever.
    Last edited by Iolo/Penderyn; 01-20-2020 at 06:54 AM.

13. #282 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    Civil War museum gets rid of Confederate flag on new logo

Obviously museums should cover history. German ones, for instance, should deal with the horrors of the Hitler years - but we would no expect them to use the swastika flag as a logo, would we? Clearly some of the inhabitants of the old Confederacy feel some sort of historical sympathy for their dead ancestors, as we must remember - whereas others, like the Jews now living in Germany, remember with horror what was done to theirs under the monstrous evil of slavery. What's needed is understanding and firmness. Family feeling must not be allowed to degenerate into racism, not ever.

Why would you want to teach history without everything related to it being a part of the lesson?

Strange how you snowflakes get so butthurt over inanimate objects.

14. #283 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,421 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    You are the one who wants to erase the history of slavery by banning a flag that represents that slavery.
    Who said I want to erase the history of slavery?

As I've asked countless times here, Flash, what does the Confederate Flag teach that the Articles of Secession do not?

You want to destroy the freedom of museums to display such symbols.
    Not at all! As I've said, the flag should be in a museum, placed in its proper context; as a tool used by white supremacists and BoThSiDeRiStS to intimidate the descendants of the people whose freedom was won in that war.

You're so fucking lazy.

Again, should the swastika be banned in WWII or Holocaust museums? Or, the entire U. S.?
    Of course not. As I said many, many times that you've ignored because you're a little bitch, it's fine to place that shit in its proper context. What's not OK is doing so outside that context for the sake of the feelings of fragile losers.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

15. #284 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And, since slavery was the single most important cause of the war a flag representing slavery would seem essential in a museum. The history of the flag and its meaning is being destroyed by banning it.
    Again, I never said it shouldn't be in the museum, placed in its proper context.

The history of the flag is erased when you start saying it represents "heritage" or "Southern pride" or "rednecks", like you've argued on this thread, you human stain.

16. #285 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I understand, but LV426 wants it banned everywhere--monuments destroyed,
    No I don't! I've repeatedly said the flag should exist in a museum in its proper context. That context as a tool used by white supremacists, conservatives and BoThSiDeRiStS to intimidate the descendants of the people whose freedom was won in that war.

But all the monuments and flags outside that? Yeah, tear 'em down and burn 'em to ashes.

All Flash does is bullshit because he can't stand that I'm right.