Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Civil War museum gets rid of Confederate flag on new logo

1. #196 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Woko Haram View Post
    If we completely erased Confederate monuments and such, we'd probably actually see a rise in Confederate sentiments eventually, instead of an understanding of past mistakes and struggles.
    What an idiot.

Those flags and monuments are the rise in Confederate sentiments already. That's why they were erected.

Wow. What a dumbass.

What cannot be learned by reading the Articles of Secession, that is learned by these glorification monuments and that dumb flag?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-17-2020)

3. #197 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Those should be the only ones we have. Losers don't need participation trophies.

So we shouldn't have museums that educate us about the Civil War? That sounds rather anti-academic, particularly for someone on the left.

Right, but the difference with this is that you and your ilk, like Wolverine, are erasing the history of that flag to make it represent something different than what it did.

So you accuse us of wanting to erase history by removing monuments and flags, even though the Articles of Secession still exist and can be read by anyone to teach history, while you erase the history of the flag by pretending it represents something else.

You don't even realize you're doing that because you're stupid.

Once again, you jump directly to ad hominems and vast assumptions. Just because I'm conservative doesn't mean I'm an apologist for the Confederacy. I'm saying that there are plenty of Confederate era monuments and memorabilia that can be archived for all of society to see and learn about. It's not about glorification -- it's about understanding why the Civil War happened and what the repercussions were.

4. #198 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Where did I say it represented ignoramuses and dumbasses, oh I see just because they have fun different than you! Just go away!
    YOU SAID THAT.

You are the one who said the flag represents slavery...then you say, "hahah jk the flag actually represents being a redneck".

So you erased the history of the flag and replaced it with a new history, ad hoc.

You don't even realize you're doing it.

5. #199 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I said it used to be a symbol of the South which was Democrat pro Slavery, now it means something different!
    No, what you said originally was that it represents slavery.

Now you're erasing that history and replacing it with a new history about the flag representing being a redneck piece of trash.

So in your ad hoc redefinition, you erased the history of that flag.

6. #200 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

What a load of horseshit.

Complete and total crap.

They ban the Nazi flag in Germany, but no one forgets who the Nazis were and are.

You want to erase history by pretending the Confederate Flag means something new than what it had represented before.

Why are you so adamant about erasing history?
    Ok, I gave you a second chance, but I won't ever again. You tricked me into thinking you wanted an honest discussion, but you really have no interest whatsoever in that.

I'm not even going to go into why you're wrong about this, because you clearly are looking more for trading in insults.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Saudade For This Post:

Wolverine (01-17-2020)

8. #201 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, I swear their is nothing more I can do for you you, are a bigoted black asshole, who just wants to argue against everything, have a nice life. Keep being a dumbass victim, I just can't handle your level of stupidity anymore.
    Look man, if you can't keep your argument straight, that's not my problem.

You say one thing, then erase it to say another.

By saying the flag now represents being a redneck piece of shit, you erase the history of the flag that represents slavery.

You can't have it both ways.

9. #202 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

YOU SAID THAT.

You are the one who said the flag represents slavery...then you say, "hahah jk the flag actually represents being a redneck".

So you erased the history of the flag and replaced it with a new history, ad hoc.

You don't even realize you're doing it.
    I am done, young men who drive around with it on their truck are not celebrating slavery, They are just good ole boys enjoying life, try it some time. I did not erase History I simply said it doesn't mean what it used to, the History is obviously not erased! Ban it don't ban it I do not give a rip but make sure you do not say a word to anyone protesting the queer flag, because the Rainbow means something to Christians before the queer movement stole it.

10. #203 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Those farmers did more before they were 4 than you have your entire life and he was protecting them! Good for him at least he wasn't bailing out overpaid union fucks
    Fuck that, most of them got paid to grow nothing.

Now, they're handed welfare (which you say is slavery) by Trump in order to buy their votes after he ruined their businesses.

Maybe they should wave some Confederate flags to let everyone know they're fucking idiots.

11. #204 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So we shouldn't have museums that educate us about the Civil War? That sounds rather anti-academic, particularly for someone on the left.
    Never said that...but your education isn't hindered by removing a part of a logo.

Secondly, you want to erase history by pretending the flag now represents something different than it did before.

Why are you all about erasing history?

12. #205 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Once again, you jump directly to ad hominems and vast assumptions. Just because I'm conservative doesn't mean I'm an apologist for the Confederacy.
    Yes it does. Because Conservatives were the Confederacy. Back then, Democrats were the Conservatives.

Secondly, you're the ones who are trying to erase history by pretending the flag represents some bullshit heritage thing. Your own dude on this thread, Wolverine, said the flag represented slavery. By saying it represents something else now, that is precisely erasing history.

So again, I must ask; why are you so adamant that we erase history?

I'm saying that there are plenty of Confederate era monuments and memorabilia that can be archived for all of society to see and learn about.
    What is learned from them? That's the question none of you have been able to answer. The design of the flag teaches what? The monuments teach what?

What is learned from those that can't be learned from reading the Articles of Secession?

It's not about glorification -- it's about understanding why the Civil War happened and what the repercussions were.
    So explain how the design of the Confederate flag helps people understand what they were fighting for? Explain how monuments that glorify those traitors help people understand what they were fighting for? Because on some of those monuments, they say that they were fighting to preserve white supremacy.

Why do the Articles of Secession not teach you why the war happened?

And how do the monuments serve what the "repercussions" are?

Face it, you just like having those things because you feel insecure in your own shitty inherent racism, and don't want to admit it.

So you erase history and pretend those things represent something else, when one of your own idiotic allies said plainly they represent slavery.

By pretending the flag and monuments represent something else, you are erasing history.

So you are accusing us of doing the thing you are actually doing.

Well done, dumbass.

13. #206 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ok, I gave you a second chance, but I won't ever again. You tricked me into thinking you wanted an honest discussion, but you really have no interest whatsoever in that.

I'm not even going to go into why you're wrong about this, because you clearly are looking more for trading in insults.
    You stepped in it when you realized that your revision of what the flag represents is the very erasing of history you scream about.

You can't handle your own cognitive dissonance.

You're a very fragile person. Take a time-out, crybaby.

14. #207 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am done, young men who drive around with it on their truck are not celebrating slavery, They are just good ole boys enjoying life, try it some time.
    So they're either ignorant of history, or they're erasing it.

15. #208 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I did not erase History I simply said it doesn't mean what it used to, the History is obviously not erased!
    Yes, it is! By saying the flag no longer represents slavery and now represents something else, that is you erasing the history of the flag!

Wow.

16. #209 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

because the Rainbow means something to Christians before the queer movement stole it.
    Wait - what did a rainbow mean to Christians before?

17. #210 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am done, young men who drive around with it on their truck are not celebrating slavery, They are just good ole boys enjoying life, try it some time. I did not erase History I simply said it doesn't mean what it used to, the History is obviously not erased! Ban it don't ban it I do not give a rip but make sure you do not say a word to anyone protesting the queer flag, because the Rainbow means something to Christians before the queer movement stole it.
    So, I checked the Bible for references to rainbows and whatever it is they represent, and here's what came up:

Genesis 9:12-13: And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth.

Genesis 9:16: When the bow is in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.”

So rainbow doesn't represent anything for you...it represents God's connection to every living creature on the earth.

Nothing about sexuality. In fact, it has nothing to do with you.

So it would seem you are once again erasing history by pretending the rainbow represents something to Christians that is different from what's in the scripture.

Hoist, meet petard.