Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: How Can McConnell and Graham Take Oaths Of Impartiality?

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Thinnest? based on what? Trump is getting deeper and deeper every day. But the House had lots more and settled on 2.The House impeaches after gathering evidence. The Senate runs a trial. Do you understand what is involved in a trial? Witnesses, evidence, lawyers and judges. The house was essentially acting as an evidence-gathering organization, similar to the police crime scene investigation and forensics. That is turned over to the Senate for a trial.
    Republicans want to get a big rubber stamp that says 'innocent,' stamp the papers and claim they held a trial.

They consider Trump above the law. They wanna hand him a scepter and cover his combover with a crown.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-17-2020)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Both have already made public statements of being partial.

What a crock if they are allowed to swear impartiality with no objections.

Justice Roberts, we are counting on you.

Reject both of them!
    Every democrat in the Senate running for President and auditioning for VP should recuse themselves as they are not impartial

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Nordberg,

Republicans want to get a big rubber stamp that says 'innocent,' stamp the papers and claim they held a trial.

They consider Trump above the law. They wanna hand him a scepter and cover his combover with a crown.

should have built a better case

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-17-2020), PostmodernProphet (01-17-2020)

6. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Thinnest, based on historical precedent.

The evidence in the Clinton/Nixon impeachments were voluminous by comparison. In fact, both Nixon and Clinton were deemed guilty prior to the House passing the articles.
    So was Trump, depending on who you ask.

In terms of impeachment, there has never been a more ‘rush to judgment’ then this.
    I must have missed the part of the Constitution that says all impeachments will be the same.

What Trump did was worse than Nixon or Clinton. Clinton lied about a BJ. Nixon tried to rig an election domestically. Trump tried to rig an election by inviting foreign intervention. That Trumps the other two! And after all, he's Trump.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

8. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,386 Times in 53,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    His statement really applies to repubs but he doesn't see it. And especially to Senate repubs.
    Classic projection, don't you concur, Doctor?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

9. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Hello Darth,

That doesn't follow. And some Democrats voted each way. That shows they were not voting any strict party line. But all the Republicans voted the same cookie cutter way. Very partisan.

Everyone should, Republicans included. What happened to the Republicans who refused to comment? Saying "I cannot comment. I am a potential juror?" What happened to that? How can a juror come out before a trial has even started and state they have already made up their mind and then go swear to be impartial? They can't. Not without lying.

If Republicans turn this into a sham without witnesses, the 70% of Americans who want to hear from all the witnesses are not going to be satisfied with it. This needs to be a real trial.

Trump needs to testify, just like Bill Clinton did.

We need to hear from our leader, front and center. It's lonely at the top time.
    The Senate *assumes* the House did the necessary investigative work prior to sending the articles so they are under no obligation to continue the investigation in the Senate by calling witnesses neither side has had an opportunity to interview prior to the trial.

None, whatsoever.

This message needs to be sent to future Houses: don’t send half-finished investigations over and expect us to finish *your work* and then vote on it. House Democrats had a shot at Bolton but they wanted their half-cocked impeachment* before Christmas.

No witnesses. Sorry/not sorry.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

11. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,184 Times in 25,719 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Classic projection, don't you concur, Doctor?
    I do, Doctor.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

12. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-16-2020)

13. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

The Senate *assumes* the House did the necessary investigative work prior to sending the articles so they are under no obligation to continue the investigation in the Senate by calling witnesses neither side has had an opportunity to interview prior to the trial.

None, whatsoever.

This message needs to be sent to future Houses: don’t send half-finished investigations over and expect us to finish *your work* and then vote on it. House Democrats had a shot at Bolton but they wanted their half-cocked impeachment* before Christmas.

No witnesses. Sorry/not sorry.
    Well correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like Susan Collins and Lamar Alexander both want to hear from witnesses. Sounds like the dam is breaking. Just toss in Mitt Romney and Lisa Murkowski and all of a sudden we might just hear from witnesses after all. This thing could get very out of control of Trump real fast, tweets or no tweets.

It only takes 4 Republicans to jump ship...

And we have more evidence coming out regularly. If the Senate doesn't seize the opportunity to deal with it the House can always crank up another impeachment.

The SCOTUS is set to rule on releasing Trump's taxes and financial records in March. That could lead to another impeachment, if Trump survives this one.

14. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,970 Times in 32,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Well "pp" show us, show us where a Senate Democrat said they knew exactly now how they will cast their vote in the Senate before the evidence is delivered. Show us where any Senate Democrat said that they would be working with the impeachment managers to get the verdict they wanted

If you can't, you are showing us that you are full of shit, your turn
    start with the six running for president who've already said they want him impeached......then add the all other demmycunts who've thought it but may not have said it........stupid fuck, get that penis out of your ear.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

15. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,608 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I love how you believe that you know how a large group of millions of people think.
    I base it on input from the examples here. I'm also talking about the folks here. But hey, you can imagine all sorts of stuff and try to put that on me, it seems to be par for the course with Democrats.

We can also determine a bit how "they" think by the way they start spouting talking points... like, "They shouldn't be allowed to say they'll be impartial!"
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

17. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Every democrat in the Senate running for President and auditioning for VP should recuse themselves as they are not impartial
    Not about the idiot in chief, but that does not mean they cannot hear the evidence and make a fair and honest decision. The difference is Moscow and Lindsey said they will not. They have no intention of being fair jurors. That is a terrible thing to say.

18. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Not about the idiot in chief, but that does not mean they cannot hear the evidence and make a fair and honest decision. The difference is Moscow and Lindsey said they will not. They have no intention of being fair jurors. That is a terrible thing to say.
    They all have major conflicts of interest and would be guilty of that which Trump is being accused; abuse of power interfering in an election trying to damage ones opponent

There isn’t a criminal court in the country that would allow them to be jurors. They must recuse themselves

19. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

Well correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like Susan Collins and Lamar Alexander both want to hear from witnesses. Sounds like the dam is breaking. Just toss in Mitt Romney and Lisa Murkowski and all of a sudden we might just hear from witnesses after all. This thing could get very out of control of Trump real fast, tweets or no tweets.

It only takes 4 Republicans to jump ship...

And we have more evidence coming out regularly. If the Senate doesn't seize the opportunity to deal with it the House can always crank up another impeachment.

The SCOTUS is set to rule on releasing Trump's taxes and financial records in March. That could lead to another impeachment, if Trump survives this one.
    Well, if the Senate votes to hear witnesses then future Houses can send partially investigated charges over to the Senate—with a straight line partisan vote by the majority party. Then they can sit on the articles while the investigation is completed, or not.

Or they can not send them at all, and proclaim that the president is ‘impeached for life’. Then we’ll get to see if the Democrat President is able to ‘survive it’.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

20. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    But it’s terrible what Democrats have done to the impeachment process lol.

21. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

everybody is a player here: Roberts excluded, but i'm sure he'd rather not see this farce ..
    ~~
    How can the Dems running for POTUS possibly be neutral/unbiased? start recusals there